• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

advice needed,on so many debt collectors after me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thank you, trip to optician duly canceled:p

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as for the stamp question.

any unused stamp is classed as legal tender/payment.

as it can be used or cashed at a post office

i think that is still the case

dx100uk

So do not need to pay for a postal order, COOL:cool: shame they don't make it known:rolleyes:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

bonnieday,

go careful, coz there is debate over what can be excepted as legal tender, and they may be within their rights to refuse:(

Stick with £1 stamp, at least we save money on postal orders:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

• 2 weeks later...

Hi michsienna,

have a read of the thread CCA + Non Compliance stuff by Elizabeth1.

Think it might be of help to you:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi michsienna, I went to OFT to complain about 1st credit, and they have taken it on board.

As you have done the TS route, and got no satisfaction, why not try them?

Happy to be corrected by anyone if I am making a misleading suggestion;)

but TS are not acting on your complaints, and so information is not being logged/noted, and so nothing changes.

Just a thought:p

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

hi michsienna, it makes you wonder is any one listening???:mad: Ok I rang first, speak to another human being explain where you are coming from, it might make a difference, letters and emails come later once you have established hi its me a person:rolleyes:

Once you have got there attention you can quote them in any correspondance with DCA's, and I have found it makes a difference, BUT be aware DCA's beleive they can do anything, and yeh it seems they can, when will TS OFT etc realise the DCA's are taking the mickey!

I can not beleive you are really no further forward, and now your Mum has became involved:( I am so angry.

• Haha 1

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

michsienna, there you go then, kennyparkroad's letter is your next step, shows you know your rights, and they aint gonna mess with you:D also gives you more ammo for TS OFT or anyone that will listen (re your post 202):)

I will be keeping a copy of KPR's letter too

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

and at the bottom of the the letter in tiny small print tit reads

ehmmm was you thinking about vanquis lol:p

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mich, sorry to hear about your Dad, and as stadium Arc has said we understand your priorities.

And like the dca's were not going anywhere:rolleyes:

Take it easy, send your Dad our best wishes, and cyber hugs from all:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

• 3 weeks later...

:( is he an X dca????

ditto the cyber hugs mich;)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

• 3 weeks later...

michelle, just you tell Mr (not really interested)TS, that the reason you are doing what you are doing, is because these companies make our lives a living hell, constantly ringing, and involving other people, who do not need to know our situations, they constantly break the law, and get away with it, and if people do not complain to these bodies such as TS (who are supposed to be there to help with unscrupulous companies) nothing is ever going to change.

It has nothing to do with him if you have a debt or not,(yes we owe money, smack our hands!) it is the way they carry on with threats and harassment, and over the years have placed themselves above the law.

Never forget, they buy these 'debts' for peanuts, the OC can write them of against tax (its all about business and profits) which is why they come down so hard and nasty on us, so they can get as much as possible (lucrative comes to mind) not caring if we can afford it.

You have gone to TS to complain about a company that is breaking the law, their standard of trading is c..p, and someone needs to pull them up, if Mr TS is not capable of dealing with these companies, perhaps he would like to tell you who is, or are they happy to let a company carry on trading, and constantly flout the law of the land.

I will go and have a lie down now;)

Michelle, you have come this far, you are an inspiration, do not lose track of why you are doing this.

And yes please Kennyparkroad, perhaps a letter to Mr TS, with all the legal implications highlighted to give Michelle some clout, because this is what we do in life, come up against an authoritative body, and think they must be right, perhaps I've got it wrong, and so do not pursue it (like we have been doing with the DCA's)

some thing els ive notice is, when one dca goes quite another one starts banging there drum,

michelle xx

Yea strange that;) :D

Good luck michelle:)

• Haha 1

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

TS asked me the same thing

i replied

"its my legal right to query this so i am exercising that right!"

it soon shut him up.

This is what Michelle and all of us need to know, and have the strength to say.

I have read TS are under funded etc, BUT that should not mean that we have no-one to stand our corner.

If TS are asking why we are going to them, I'm speechless:( .

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Michelle, they are passing you around because they haven't got a copy of your signed agreement (thats how I see it, happy to be corrected:p )

Maybe they can't pass it back to the OC as it's got so wrapped up in peanuts, tax etc.

Hey Clever Guys, what's the next step for mich, official complaint, in writing to OFT? TS?.

Let's get this sorted, and show them we mean buisness:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi Michelle, this is interesting reading un1boy vbmenu_register("postmenu_972759", true); vbmenu_register("postmenu_972759", true);

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

michelle, bless, you gotta laugh, and I bet your three are like pigs in muck:eek: they love it.

Take care:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

YES YES YES:p getting there mich, slowly, the OFT have taken on my complaint re 1st credit, let us hope that all the evidence we are sending, will lead to a good and proper shake up of the way these dca's operate:cool:

Some light reading for you, if you haven't already seen Wescot- Did you know... , we're getting screwed every which way:eek:

Hope your drying out, and not looking to much like a new age traveller:)

Complain complain and complain some:p more

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

• 2 weeks later...

Mich, couple of questions, as I am not up on the legal side, but reading the letter.

1. why do their records not go back pre ofsted report? bit suss!

2. they charged a lot more prior to that date.

3. How can they say "as such you have not paid any of the charges"? its been added to the total.

load of rubbish:rolleyes:

lets see what Rory etc has to say about it:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

• 2 weeks later...

mich, well, don't you just feel better about your first contact with Mr TS;)

Complain complain and complain some:p more:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

• 4 months later...

im still thinking what to do with the unfair charges citi have chrged me.... do i try claim them back myself or have this reclaim company do it for me, the debt i have with citi is far greater then the unfair charges, so i dont want them useing it to pay of part of the out standing debt, and have nothing to pay the reclaims company. (you know you can do it!:cool: ) i know you guys on this wonderful web site will be with me every step of the way, but i am still quite nervous.

Hi Mich, so good to hear you are getting control back in your life, and you can even laugh at the dca's:lol:. keep all the letters they send, as Cap1 has agreed to settle, the dca is harassing you, and you can report them, don't bother doing Cap1's job.

Here's to 2008 Mich, have a good one:p

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08