• Tweets

• OK thank you very much. I will prepare my WS as you advise.  I will indeed be preparing the WS over the weekend. I will also post UKPC's on Wednesday by 2nd class mail. As they have until the 17th to pay the court fee, is it possible they might discontinue at that stage too? Also I wanted to ask, in what form should the site manager's statement come? And the site owner if i can contact them? I will get photos of the signage to share with you also. Thank you.
    • Theres speculation on whether the magazine was Womens Weekly or Boys own 😀   ... probably a classic first edition of boys own - based on it costing $130k :lol  
    • You have five days yet to respect the WS deadline which is next Wednesday.  As others have said,  you can e-mail the court their copy.  That gives you the whole weekend to get the WS prepared.  Personally I'd post UKPC's theirs by 2nd class post (all they are worth) on Wednesday too, the court won't look badly on a short delay from a Litigant-in-Person. Another point.  In your WS you say their signs are rubbish.  That's a great point if their signs really are rubbish.  It's a dreadful point if their signs are fine.  So have you got photos of their signs?
    • You need to start drafting your WS.  I would suggest as sections - Sequence of Events - a brief description of how you came to get the invoice. Permission from Landowner - self-explanatory.  You will have to include this as it is in your defence.  However, be aware that your argument is very weak and indeed harms your case.  A person with no connection to the car park said you could park there - that is no different from saying that someone you met in the local pub said you could park there.  Anyway, get the site manager's WS.  Obviously this weak point could morph into a winner if you could get a WS from the landowner. Prohibition - you have this virtually word for word in the other WS. No locus standi - UKPC are not the landlord, they only administer the car park, they have no right to sue you (however the fact you never asked by CPR to see their contract with the landowner makes this a very weak point too). Double Recovery - again in the other WS.
    • And don't be worrying too much about being a day or two late with your WS. As a litigant in person, you'll be given a little leeway. Take time to post up your WS here  for the team to take a look. It'll give time to get your site manager's statement as an exhibit. Also, I understand you haven't got their WS yet? It could give you time to see theirs first if they send it. Do they have your email address? If so they could play dirty and send it the night before the hearing!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI for barclaycard + monument

Guest Lueeze
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Lueeze

Okay, my partners cards had big spends on them, and when he was made redundant he wrote to them asking to claim on the PPI.

Barclaycard payed out once for £340 (the amount on the card was £3.5k)

Monument never paid out and we kept getting fob offs saying the stuff was lost in the post/ineligability blah blah!

So I want to know If I can claim this back? I have writen my prelim to monument and asked for 3 x £75 for non payment (£75 is minimum payment but amount on card was £3k)

And I guess barclayscard should have been annother 2 months @ £340

Can anyone enlighten me on amount PPI usually pay out? Is this an accurate assumption on payments we should have had?

Can i get it back? even now he is still paying for this stuff! GRRR!

No simple answer here, Lou. There's too many factors in play.

Most PPIs won't kick in until 30, 60, or 90 days after unemployment occurs. You'd need to check the T&Cs to see which applies to yours.

Secondly, with redundancy, there's this: A redundancy payment is meant to compensate you for the future loss of those pay packets you won't get, due to you losing your job. Therefore, a lot of insurance companies will only pay up to a certain amount, which is the difference between the redundancy and the dole, (I'm simplifying as much as I can, here) on a proportional scale. In your partner's case, because he got a job quite quickly, if I understand right, the odds are that he'll have fallen between the holes of the net, as it were.

You really need to read the T&Cs very very carefully and see if what I said makes sense that way.

As for Monument, you'll need to be wee bit more specific than "blah blah" for someone to hazard a guess as to the whys and therefores!!!! :D

Guest Lueeze

well it was a year ago now, monument and barcalys are one and the same, so guessing they use the same insurers?

Anyway checked ou the site, and fter 14 days they pay up 10% each month on the balance. You have to fill in the form (which we did for both)

Barclays paid, but only after stalling and monument as far as i can remember said they never recieved our form or JSA claim for proof which was rubbish of course!

So barclay paid £340, that would be 10%, surely monument should have paid too.

He was out of work for 3 1/2 months total....yes he got a redundancy payment, but as far a i see on their terms (barclays) that doesnt make any difference, it only doesnt pay out if its 'voluntary redundancy'

Mhhh.... Well, by law, a letter is deemed received 2 days after sending it, and "loss" of post is not accepted as a valid excuse, so in that respect, it would go to balance and probabilities, and let's face it, if you did it for B/card, why wouldn't you do it for both, so the balance would be more in your favour.

Certainly seems worth pursuing, yes. And exactly why is he still paying for it? Surely, that should have made him realise how not worth it they are?

The only PPI (AND life assurance) I feel is worth really having is on your mortgage or really big secured loan. Everything else comes down to non-essentials, and can be negotiated. That's just my opinion.

Guest Lueeze

I never have PPI on cards ect!

He is worse with money than I am! Of ocurse beacuse of the DPA, i always face brick walls from them even if he has given me premission to discuss the account.

Im going to claim £340.82 x 2 Months = £681.64 from barclaycard.

Im going to revise the PPI claim for monument from £75 x 3 months

to 10% of balance x 3 months which will be about £300 x 3 months =£900

Does this seem fair? I dont want to claim too much, but we would have had this money if they hadnt stuffed up. What about interest too, shall i just leave that out?

Guest Lueeze

I have my charges threads running for both just wanted to check on the PPI side before i claim, as I know others who have had PPI issues too.

Thanks for all the help! :grin:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks