Bank Playing for Time?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I submitted a claim for £7600, to RBS, which included statutory interest added. As per template, I asked for a response within 14 days.

Two days after this deadline had passed I received an acknowledgement from them stating that they are looking into my request and "will get back to you shortly".

Is it acceptable for RBS to delay me further in this way, or are they just playing for more time?

If I need to fire a letter back to them, which one do I use? All templates seem to relate to small claims - and my claim is in excess of £5000.

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They aren't playing for time. They are playing for your money.

The fact that you have allowed your deadline to expire without taking the next action which you threatened shows that they are winning.

What do you want to do about it?

OK, so I have failed to foolw up on my action.

Do you have a template that I can use for the next step? The existing templates refer to small claims - mine, I am led to believe, does not qualify for that.

What is the next step for me? Lead me, and I will gladly take it.

Thank you in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Send the LBA

3. Letter before action - Consumer version - asking for it back

The templates are not specific to Small Claims Track, just claims in general. Once you file a claim it may be allocated to Fast Track.

You do not include Statutory Interest at this stage, You are not entitkled to claim it until you file at court