• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

onthemend V RBOS***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

Im now ready to send in my first letter with spreadsheets to RBOS to claim back the charges.

Ive received 6 years worth of Statements this weekend for 2 accounts, and Ive input the incurred charges into the complex bank charges spreadsheets.

I intend to double check the data over the next few days. On thing I haven't done yet is included for any interest free overdraft on the royalties account. This account changed between, basic royalties, royalties gold and royalties premier over the 6 years.

Could someone advise if there are any interest free overdraft amounts on these a/cs. I would be happy to email my spreadsheets for checking if anyone is willing to look over them.

thanks

Yes there are interest free amounts, best to get up to date figures from your branch, but I have written out info on Royalties accounts etc in the RBS charges link in my sig. Interest free amounts might have changed since I posted this, but there is a lot of help in there all the same.

Your feedback is always welcome. If you have thanks, tip my scales and let me know....If you're unhappy then speak to HydraUK :D

If you have any questions, you will get much better help by posting it on the forums and directing me to it as there are far wiser people around than me ;)

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Received my first letter back from Sandy Watt. - just within 14 days of my first letter with spreadsheets.

"thank you for your recent letter regarding charges applied to your accounts.

We are currently considering your claim and will respond as soon as possible"

Should I wait or send the next letter?

your timescales not theirs. once your deadline is up, send the next one.

Ive just received a 2nd response (received 19.4.07) from RBOS regarding 1 of 2 of my accounts I am claiming for. They have offered the full amount for the penalties only, not including interest on penalties.

The account they have offered on was for a couple of hundred pounds.

But the second account which is the main claim for about £1500 has not been responded to at all.

Do you think they are trying to be clever to see what my reaction is to the first account before responding?

Should I accept the full amount on account 1 now or wait to see if I get a similar response to the main account?

My LBA letters on both accounts of 16/4/07 have set the deadline of 14 days before a claim of 30/4/07.

Have you sent letters seperately ie one for each account?

You have probably received this offer first because it is (for them) financially not worth arguing about. The probably have bands something similar and on reviewing the amount they put it in category. For example a) pay out straight away b) review c) take to court d) refuse.

So the offer is good news. How much difference would the interest make? If this is debit interest and it is worth figting for, you could refuse this and state you want the full amount but that is a personal decision. No harm in accepting this now before receiving anything on the other one.

MAKE SURE though that you don't sign their acceptance letter. It could be construed as you accepting this as settlement of this complaint in full and therefore aren't owed anything on the second account. If you head over to my RBS thread I made a claim on late last year, you will find I typed up my own acceptance letter - I've typed up the letter too so you can copy it. I was in exact same position as you ;) Congrats on the offer! Progress!

T4FF

thanks for your post, yes I send all letters seperately.

As the debit interest is only a few pounds, Im happy to accept their full offer on this account.

As you advised, Im going to write back using your sample as a guide advising I accept this but intend to continue chasing one the main account, and also not to send back their acceptaance letter.

Hope the version below is OK.....

For the attention of Mark Douthwaite

The Royal Bank of Scotland

Customer Relations

Customer Central Support

First Floor

The Forthstone

56 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9LE

22-04-2007

Your reference XXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your undated letter received 19th April. I wish to accept your offer of settlement of £XXX.XX on the above account. This will be on the basis of a full and final settlement of my complaint on the above account on the grounds that any future charges will stand.

To clarify my position, I am currently in the process of reclaiming fees on our other account (no XXXXXX) I will be progressing my complaint on this account in due course and my acceptance of this settlement will in no way alter my proceedings on my other account.

I look forward to receiving the funds by return.

Yours faithfully,

wait to hear back before sending off..

I know I probably had this in mine....

"on the grounds that any future charges will stand"

....but it would get rid of that bit. I had kept it in mine because I knew I was closing my account and wouldn't have any more charges. If you were to be charged again in the future you'd want to claim them back right? Reword the first paragraph a bit in order for it to make sense once you've removed that bit ;)

LBA letter on account 2 has the deadline of 30th April 07 and I haven't received a response yet. With the weekend coming up I've got plenty of time to get prepared for the court application which will need to be lodged on 1st May should nothing come in the post beforehand.

I would welcome help to a step by step guide to the next stage from anyone.

thanks

Whether you do this or not is entirely up to you, but reckon it's worth it right if just to give them a little more time....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-763619.html

Obviously this all depends on whether you WANT to go to court or not. If you do, then proceed (and read through the library forum, can't help you sorry, never got that far), otherwise give them another 7 days with this letter.

Thanks for that.

Ive waited until 2 may 07 to see if any post has come, as expected nothing has come through. So the 7 day letter has been sent.

Is it worth me emailing Sandy Watts with it? If so can anyone let me know the email address.

thanks

Still nothing has come through as of 5th May

Email to Sandy Watts gone off today together with pdf attachments of correspondence, requesting an update by return.

Think there's an extra dot in there, not sure. As in....

sandy.watts

• Haha 1

Ive just received this email reply from Sandy Watts on a bank holiday!

"Dear XXXX

I would appear that we have not received your returned acceptance form for a/c XXXXXXX. Against that background, I have arranged for a 'duplicate copy' of the form to be sent to you. With regard to your claim for a/c XXXXXX, our response will be issued within the time-scale set by the FSA."

I specifically did not return the acceptance form on first account, simply sent a letter as advised by T4FF as posted earlier.

Should I go to the next stage on account 2 despite sending the 7 day letter?

• 3 weeks later...

Ive WON!!!

Recieved a letter today from RBOS regarding our main a/c to advise that they offered the full amount!!! - over £1500!!!

Thanks to all on this website who contribute so much time and assistance to all those people who are in the process of claiming...

Dont give up, you will all get there in the end..

I'll add my total to the survey once payment received..