Mia Vs HSBC

oOMiaOo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hullo!

Now, I know this is small fry to some of the claims going on out there, but HSBC have severely ticked me off by charging me £225 of excess overdraft fees in the last month. After being a customer for 15 years, I really don't expect them to kick you in the teeth the first time you need a little financial help (naive, I'm beginning to realise...!). I phoned the bank to see if they would waive the fees - they refused, but said they could raise my overdraft limit to stop it happening again. Well, if they're prepared to give me a higher limit, why are they charging me for going over my current limit?! Tsk...

Thanx for all the advice on this website. I have gone through my online statements as instructed - it's an educational experience, let me tell you! All that cr*p I've spent money on over the last 6 years...!

I have opened a new bank account, so as soon as I have signed the documents for that, I will send my preliminary request letter out.

Thanx again for the advice and the templates.

Mia

PS Advice for the day - when you move to the charity sector, remember to stop spending like you're still in the private sector!

Yours, ruefully...

Good luck - keep us posted.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

My new bank account is all signed and sealed, so I have just posted my preliminary letter to my local branch manager.

I'm a bit scared! But want my money back!!

I'm a bit scared! But want my money back!!
Sorry - those two things don't go together...

It's your money - if you are scared of it you can always give it to me :)

You've started, and you will finish by getting it all back. Good luck.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Damned shoe shops...they always get there before me...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, well, my prelim letter went out on 7th June - 14 days later I am the proud owner of a refund letter for the full amount of £225!!!

THANK YOU CAG!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

I'm well aware that I've had a supremely easy ride, and am very grateful for it. Massive positive vibes to everyone else who's trying to get their charges back.

Thanks for all the help and support - the well-deserved donation is on it's way...

Mia x

P.S. In case it helps anyone, I sent the prelim letter to my local branch manager (literally addressed to "branch manager"..local address...). I received my refund letter from a Colin Langdale, Senior Service Quality Officer, HSBC Bank plc, Service Quality Team, Arlington Business Centre, Millshaw Park Lane, Leeds LS11 0PP

thats fantasticly quick , well done, dont forget the survey:D

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks