Abbey/MBNA Credit Card charges?

standingupformyself
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent off for my statements/charges etc... I have been shreading all my current statements for years now, probably too embarrased to want to re-read them. Can anyone remind me how much Abbey/MBNA used to charge for late payment and over limit fee? I am eager to get a rough idea of what I am going to claim for? Many thanks...... xx

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

• 2 weeks later...
I have sent off for my statements/charges etc... I have been shreading all my current statements for years now, probably too embarrased to want to re-read them. Can anyone remind me how much Abbey/MBNA used to charge for late payment and over limit fee? I am eager to get a rough idea of what I am going to claim for? Many thanks...... xx

Hi

Between Sep 2002 & OCt 03 they have been charging me £20 but in Nov 2003 they increased that to £25. which is the amount they comtinued to charge up to sep 2004 where no more late charges have been added to my account.

Hope this helps , good luck:)

That really does help, thank you. I have been paying late payment fees and over limit fees for about 6 years, so at least now i can have a rough guess as to what the charges all are... whilst waiting for my statements thank you x

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

On my MBNA card I was charged £18 per late fee and overlimit fee from Feb 2001 to Jan 2002. From March 2002 to Aug 2003 it went up to £20 and then from Oct 2003 to Oct 2005 (the last time I was charged) it was £25. According to the letter from MBNA their charges were reduced to £12 on 28.06.07 for late charges and £12 on 28.07.07 for over limit fees.

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Excellent, that is exactly what I needed to know, thank you. I will not do anything until I have all the statements/charges to hand but it appears that the money I wish to claim back would clear my card account and also give me about two hundred pounds over. It feels good doesn't it!!

good luck and start dreaming about what you could do with your excess of dosh. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Whilst waiting for all my statements to come through I have decided to contact MBNA with my pound and ask for my CCA too. I am more than a little concerned, due to the fact I am on a payment plan with them at present (and they are not charging me interest/charges etc)

Anyway, just wondered if anyone out there had requested a CCA from MBNA, when their card used to be Abbey? And what their outcome was?

Hi

My charges with MBNA (Abbey credit card) amount to £800. I sent them an SAR together with my £10. MBNA sent me copy of my statement of account, returned my cheque and as a gogw they credited my account with £300.

I replied stating I only accepted their gogw as a down payment and intend to persue for the remainder.

I am now awaiting for the time to run out on my 2nd LBA then I will submit my claim.

Good luck:)

Anyway, just wondered if anyone out there had requested a CCA from MBNA, when their card used to be Abbey? And what their outcome was?

hi standingupformyself

My MBNA card was not Abbey it was an A&L card, but thought you may be interested as like Abbey, MBNA purchased A&Ls card business around the same time as they purchased Abbeys card business.

I'm still waiting for a response from my A&L CCA sent 1st March - it depends on whether Abbey handed over the relevant docs at the time or where a bit sloppy with the paperwork. :o

Its definately worth the £1 - have you sent the request yet?

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Hi, sent off my request for Abbey credit card statements, but sent it to Abbey address. Should I have sent it to MBNA, if so does anyone have their address as I don't want to wait 40 days to be ignored because I have sent it to wrong address.:idea:

Hi Salmon

I would personally re-send the SAR to MBNA, maybe send a copy of your Abbey letter with it.

M B N A EUROPE BANK LTD

STANSFIELD HOUSE

CHESTER BUSINESS PARK

CHESTER

CHESHIRE

CH4 9QQ

hi standingupformyself

My MBNA card was not Abbey it was an A&L card, but thought you may be interested as like Abbey, MBNA purchased A&Ls card business around the same time as they purchased Abbeys card business.

I'm still waiting for a response from my A&L CCA sent 1st March - it depends on whether Abbey handed over the relevant docs at the time or where a bit sloppy with the paperwork. :o

Its definately worth the £1 - have you sent the request yet?

Not yet, but will do tomorrow. I am very curious......

I am going to write to Abbey today requesting old statements. Presumably I will change the wording on the SAR requesting statements back to 1993 (for example) and in the same letter requesting certificate of destruction if they cannot conform to this request? Does that sound right? I have also listed this question on someone elses thread, but thought I had better post this on my own thread.

Hubby and I had a joint account that had a £1000 over draft, we had this facility taken away quite suddenly and I recall it taking ages to clear, with many charges. Interesting thought that I could claim this back back, I reckon the account probably closed around 2001 but was active from 1994 ish

• 2 weeks later...

Sent a few reminder emails yesterday, regarding the lack of acknowledgment from MBNA. Today I got a telephone call from MBNA assuring me that my statements would arrive in time. They state 40 days from the date they received my identification.

I have realised that I have two threads going for MBNA. This one and the other one is called Standingupformyself and MBNA/ABBEY CREDIT CARD

Could a Mod please merge the two threads into one?

Thank you