• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Disputed delivery of goods - Theft?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a item worth £300 from Littlewoods at the beginning of lastweek which according to Littlewoods was signed for and delivered a couple of days later. The problem is When it was delivered not only was I at work (Early afternoon) but it was signed for and the signature is described as unreadable. Naturally I'm disputing receiving the goods as well I didn't but Littlewoods are making me jump through hoop's to prove that it was not me that signed for the goods - copy of drivers license etc etc.

This is virgin turf for me, any pointers?

I've experienced various problems with retailers delivering items which require a signature only to return home from work finding it stuffed behind the bin or on the doorstep. Next once left an item behind my dustbin and when I rung to question them about delivery, they said it had been left in the shed - I don't have one! So they were confused about it as I was.

The problem with catalogue companies and, increasingly, bigger retailers such as Tesco Direct is that they employ local people to deliver items for a fee - which isn't paid until the item is delivered. Therefore, there are occasions when items are not delivered but left on the doorstep or somewhere else and a signature is scrawled on the delivery note.

They will make you jump through hoops to show it's not been delivered - otherwise everyone would ring up and tell them something had not been delivered.

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

After looking in the usual places, including the bin I can't find the item anywhere. I've also checked with the neighbors who know nothing about the delivery.

It's starting to look like either the courier took the parcel and forged my signature, or the item wasn't posted either way I'm not prepared to pay for it.

This is my first experience of buying anything from a catalogue company and the way things are going it will be my last!!

Not necessarily - the delivery driver could had delivered it and received a signature at a completely different address! The number of parcels that have been 'delivered' to an adjacent street with the same number are legion...

I think it's quite common that they will ask for a specimen signature. Then again you could argue that if they are offering you a credit facility ( or did you pay for the goods up front? ) then they should have a signed credit agreement from you and should be able to check this against their copy signature...

I got home today and found my outside front cupboard stuffed with the new feather pillows I ordered from littlewoods. The delivery card wasn't even pushed through the letterbox correctly, it was sticking out for all to see, with (OUTSIDE CUPBOARD) wrote on it.

Hope they dont try to stuff my new kingsize bed in there when it comes...lol

Emz:D

***If i've helped you in any way, please click on the SCALES to the left and add to my reputation***

Barclays Bank - £2238.33 Settled 02/01/07

Bristol & West - S.A.R sent 12/01/07

Read my successful thread

here

'Money can't buy you happiness, but it does

bring you a more pleasant form of misery'

Received a letter this morning with a scanned copy of the signature given when the goods were signed for, and its COMPLETELY different to mine. As the letter had no direction I had to phone the Track and Trace Dept to establish what course of action was going to be taken, I was assured that as the two signatures are completely different the item would be removed from my account and a full investigation would get underway.

• 3 months later...

IT'S HAPPENED AGAIN!!!!!

A couple of days ago and against my better judgment, I ordered a 26" Tv from Littlewoods as I wanted to replace the aging Tv in our bedroom and take advantage of a promotion code deferring payment to may 2008. The order was placed and delivery was booked for 09/07/07.

When I checked the status of the order this morning it was showing as being delivered, which was confirmed by customer services. Apparently, the item was signed for by myself at 11.01am, and in the exact words of the member of customer services I spoke to " the signature consists of three horizontal lines" What a f@#king joke!

So now I've got to visit the Police station to make a statement and go through the process of AGAIN proving my innocence.

What Thomas Tankers :-x

If it is still White Arrow that do Littlewoods deliveries, why not phone your local depot and explain you didn't accept a delivery that day - so would they care to have a word with their driver?

Let me see - he delivers so many TV's that break his back, he can't remember unloading it from the van? He can tell that to the police!

Did he help put in in your hall - what's the colour of your carpet? As for the 3 lines signature - it looks even more iffy. Speak with the depot manager.

Sorry to be blunt,

But why order large stuff to be delivered if youre not going to be there to accept it???

Anyway

Also, as you have reported the first instance of a non delivery, they will proably drag that up, so be prepared to go through the initial claim as well.

British Justice 'Guilty until proven innocent' or thats how it seems

I know a lot of retailers can do saturday deliveries, does Littlewoods.

Because the delivery was booked for 09/07/07 and not 03/07/07, plus I'm working from home a couple of afternoons this week just in case it was delivered early, yesterday being one of them.......

I've spoken to Littlewoods who have opened a case and reported the item as not being delivered.

This is proving to be a massive pain in the butt!