Bankchargesnotus V Lloyds TSB

bankchargesnotus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone advise, had letter from court last week saying that if they do not comply with sending ammended schedule by 4th their defence be struck out and all amounts plus interest will be awarded, in light of what hasd just happened do I still have the same opportunity or is the frezze immediate, I read somewhere that it has to go to the mastre of roles so i am hoping that means it could take a bit of time to come into effect??

Anyone advise, please.

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a possibility that court claims will be stayed pending the outcome of the OFT test case, we just do not know yet.

You should in the meantime, carry on as if business is as usual.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 1 month later...

Back again!

Not been really doing anything with this as after my dad died recently not had the heart or the head to, but I do need to spur myself on and get a bit of advice in the meantime.

My last paperwork from the court was a General Form order of Judgement or Order, it states that

The claim be staed forthwith pending the ultimate determination of the proceedings. [and the trial date for 3rd October be vacated]

Few more general things and

Unless the Court had given directions in the meantime, the defendant shall within 28 days of the final determination of the proceedings apply on notice for directions.

I am guessing that my trial date is cancelled and once the test case has gone through I will recieve new directions, so I dont have to do anything further at this stage???

Any advice greatly received.

Welcome back.

Sorry to hear about your father.

Unfortunately the majority of claims are being stayed and there is very little you can do, unless you have exceptional circumstances, such as hardship, where it is worthwhile applying to have lifted.

You now just have to wait, just think of the interest accruing.

• 7 months later...

My word it has been a while but I am looking for advice again. At the moment and since I lost my dad I am suffering serious fianacial hardship I am on incapactiy benefit and receiving help from CAB regarding debt. I havn't even fully paid off my dads funeral fully as I am still in the same trap of being skint and going over my limit so getting stung with charges. I really have more going out that coming in at the moment which leads me to my next question can I apply to have my case settled now due to my financial status, if so how and would I get the full amount with interest. Any help wopuld be greatly appreciated.

I think it is futile to request that your case is settled now, nothing will happen until mid May, have a look here.

Even after then, I consider that the stay will continue through until 2009.