Geordie101 v Abbey

geordie101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've sent the first letter to Abbey asking for my charges back, a little over £8k incl interest. I've received a letter back the "sorry you've got a complaint, we're investigating but it could take 4 weeks!"

I know I don't have to give them 4 weeks and don't intend to, I've looked at the letter library and am a little unsure if the letter before action is appropriate or how to amend it to acknowledge their letter but tell them I'm continuing the process on my timetable not theirs.

Any advice appreciated

don't worry about replying to their letter stick to your time scales and the template letters and you will be fine.

Every letter you will send usually gets the same 4 week response as you will find the more you read other people's posts

Good luck with your claim and please do keep us updated

While I was in financial difficulties, I took out a loan with a lender at an extortionate rate of interest, but desperate times needed desperate measures this money was swallowed by abbey's charges.

Due to abbey's charges leaving me little to live on I missed a few payments and the loan company added their charges etc..... It got to a point where they allowed me to take out a second loan to cover the debt etc on the first at only 1% interest. At the time I felt I was in a corner with no way out and agreed. needless to say I now have to repay a hell of a lot more than the £1500 I borrowed.

My question is can I claim damages from Abbey as if it wasn't for their charges I would have either not needed the loan or at least would have been able to repay on schedule or can I make a claim against the loan provider?

Geordie101