My Story....

blackrain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I discover you and other people are hitting back at the banks. Never thought I could do this but decide I will too.

The trigger point was 2 things. 1, my wife was on long term sickness nearly six months. Her health was the most important thing obviously but long term sick also leads to Statutory Sick pay which isn't much.

After a few months getting by my wife goes back to work. I now work overtime again because I don't have to rush home as before but it's a bit late. Money has run out.

2, The real killer was bank holiday weekend when Barclays in their infinite wisdom took Direct Debits up to and INCLUDING Tuesday.....?

The long and short is they have now charged me 7 X £35 for a £164 direct debit. It keeps being drawn every 5 days. I have told them my circumstances. They keep charging.

I hope Barclays are reading because I will take this all the way. I am so so angry.

I want to thank the people of this board because I have been lurking for sometime taking advice and appreciate it. I will give updates.

p.s. My first request for statements was ignored. My first letter got standard reply. :-x

Have you sent a DPA request? If you request a schedule of transactions and charges under the DPA, they have to supply them. that's not the same as requesting copy statements. Make sure you include the £10 fee and then start counting down their deadline of 40 days.

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

Yep, sent DPA and nothing happened. Pre empted the return of statements by writing the preliminary letter thinking would have my charges by the time I would send my LBA. Have sent new DPA pointing out I need these quick as they have breeched DPA rules and also the LBA states that it would be a good idea to get the statements out or at least work out the charges. To be honest I couldnt even guess at what I am owed. I have gone through good and bad periods. But. It is a lot (to me, and others I guess).

Sorry for duplicate thread. Must have had trigger finger!

Going to watch My Name is Earl and I will be back! Thanks for the reply, it's truly appreciated....and if I get a refund I will make a donation here.

sorry, should say that I didn't just fire off letters blindly. I meant that I believed I would have statements (under DPA rules) by the 14th day deadline....I allowed over 40 days. Now I am in a situation where I am claiming slightly blindly.

However I am hoping Barclays would also not be too happy they didn't send out the statements and they will arrive before the next 14 days are up thus allowing me to enter my claim.

make sure you remind them then.

If you;ve sent the DPA off correctly, and they have missed the deadline, write again stating that they have failed to comply with a DPA Subject Access request. State that you are giving them a further 7 days to comply and failure to do so will result in a formal complaint being made to the Information Commissioner and/or action being taken in the County Court.

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

Hi blackrain

Have you had any acknowledgment of your DPA request, or spoken to them about it?

• Confused 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

While sitting here the postman kindly knocked to ask me to sign for a recorded item. I could see the Barclays letter in his hand and thought ooh could this be something.?

Item was a game I bought (I trade on eBay, in fact if I didn't I wouldn't be able to cover their extortianate charges) and the letter???

You were overdrawn by more than £5 over your agreed limit so we took £30 because we really feel that will help you get out of debt and if not you will be tied to us as you have no way of leaving ha ha ha.

Okay they didn't quite say that......every time I waver Barclays take some cash and help me become stronger. Keep doing it and I promise we WILL meet in court. A great start to the weekend. Ooh I'd swear if I thought I was allowed.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks