have i found a helpful person at HSBC?

dizzy.tracy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hubby and i are in a mess as we are always in the overdraft and because the bank keep charging us £70per month we keep going over the limit. i have read about reclaiming these charges, what criteria needs to be met for us to ask this? and how do we go about doing it?

Welcome to the forum. The first criteria is to read the FAQ's, and spend a couple of days reading through the HSBC forum. This should answer virtually all the questions you may have - and some more you haven't thought of too.

hubby and i are in a mess as we are always in the overdraft and because the bank keep charging us £70per month we keep going over the limit. i have read about reclaiming these charges, what criteria needs to be met for us to ask this? and how do we go about doing it?
Hi Tracy,

It really does take a few days to get your head around all the arguments and all the information.

You will be setting a timetable (the timetable that the bank says it will work to is irrelevant). In the FAQ you will find 'Step By Step Instructions.' Start this, be clear on what your first step is (requesting the info from the bank so that you can calculate what they owe you)

Whilst waiting for the info, read up on your next step. If you make sure you stick to your own thread in the relevant area (eg [username] claim against [bank]), and use this as a sort of diary which you can update as things progress. It will also enable you to check responses to your questions, and people will be able to find your thread a lot easier.

We are all here to give you help and support in this.

Good luck.

You are here, you want your money back, you will get help and support in this, but it is YOUR call, and you must be prepared to put in the effort.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

posted off my letter today to ask for the total charges so im gonna be checking that letterbox for the next month like a hawk. cant believe my luck finding this forum, have told everybody i have bumped in to about it.

fingers crossed

been to the bank today, no reply from my letter yet, but they have closed off our overdraft for us and arranged a small loan to clear what we were overdrawn by. not a normal loan, its called a money management loan where its low interest and they arrange the repayment to what we can afford to pay.

cant believe they were so helpfull to us, reckon they are creeping, not backing down though regards the previous charges.

feel like a weight lifted from me, i used to have nightmares about that overdraft

got nice letter from bank today saying they are forwarding copy statements to me and i will receive them shortly, how long do i give them before chasing them?

they didnt even mention the £10 fee i never enclosed

good stuff, you can spend the tenner on wine gums then. Give them 40 days from when you sent the letter, it's all in the FAQ.

HSBC £2883.42 - Settled in full out of court.

A&L - DPA sent, until 15-07-06 to comply.

NatWest DPA sent, until 15-07-06 to comply.

A word of advice - especially with HSBC. Ignore EVERYTHING they say when they write to you, unless it is an offer for settlement. This is the ONLY thing you are interested in - anything else is designed to distract you and deflect you from your timetable.

It is your claim, your money, your agenda and YOUR timetable - NOT the banks. Sounds harsh, but it isn't. Have a read through a few 'completed' threads - you will soon see what I am suggesting...but good luck nevertheless.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

has anyone else seen news yet?

consumers are now being urged to argue bank charges, does this mean we have less chance of getting our money back if more people are claiming or is parliament getting on our side at last?

It makes no odds. The law is the law, regardless of how many people are claiming it.

Would murder be less likely to be prosecuted for if there were lots of people doing it?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

had a helpful, polite letter from the bank, guys name is Ian Shepherd from Coventry DSC in West Midlands.

anyone heard of him/had dealings before?

Hello Tracey, I received my DPA information through from Ian Shepherd on the 19/05/2006 and he appears to be the Centre Manager. I have directed my "Request for repayment of charges" letter to Ian. I will keep you posted as to how I get on. If you could let me know how well he has dealt with your personal query that would be great to hear about.

Ta, Kev.

HSBC:

17/06/2006 Settled on offer of £785.00

Cahoot:

25/05/2006 DPA sent. 40 Days to comply.

06/07/2006 Deadline for DPA.

• 2 weeks later...

sent off my letter asking for my monies back,( 02nd june) quite small really compared to some peoples, only £1030.69 so hopefully they will decide its just pocket money and give it back to me. yeah right i can dream!!!

added the following to the bottom of my letterxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are a five person family with only one income and you have made a profit from us struggling financially.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

what do you think? reckon it might sway them in to being nice? :rolleyes:

Hi there - forgive me being cynical but when I got in a financial mess after not being able to continue in my job due to diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis I found myself in real trouble with my loan. I had loan protection insurance but that took around thr4ee weeks to sort out. Once I got a new job in the civil service, the pay was quite a bit less, and when I had to resume loan payments it took more of hit to my pocket. The bank could only offer me a managed loan as their way of helping,extending the loan period by three years and whacking on an extra SIX PER CENT APR. Needless to say I told them to stuff it and struggled through an now, thank god we are managing fine.

With help like that who needs enemies?

So, forgive me putting a dampner on things but it seems that when the chips are down they know you are in pretty much of a position where they can, well, lets say If you have seen the Bruce Willis section in 'Pulp Fiction' with Marsellis Wallace over a barrel you will know what I mean!!!!

All the best anyway - it will all work out in the end!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks