Hello i'm new, Can someone double check me please

DiamondT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello i am new here and this is all really confusing me. :confused:

Below is a copy of the 1st letter i will be sending this Sat. Can anyone please let me know of any mistakes i've made :)

Also can anyone tell me who i have to make the cheque out to please?

Data Protection Manager,

Data Protection Team,

Regulatory Compliance,

Abbey House,

201 Graftons Gate East,

Milton Keynes,

MK9 1AN

Jackie Scott 01908 344 061

Fax 01908 344 558

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re. Account number:

I am writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for direct debit, unauthorised overdrafts and standing orders I have paid over the last six years.

Please find enclosed a cheque for the maximum statutory charge of £10. If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements going back six years; I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to by law.

I look forward to your response within 40 days, as Abbey is obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.

Yours faithfully,

Also does anyone know - Can anything happen to my account if i dont do anything when i find out how much is owed to me?

I mean if its not equal to or more than my overdraft then im not going to claim as i cant afford to pay back my overdraft. :confused: Im sure its more than my overdraft but just worried incase its not :confused:

Thank you for you help and advise in advance :)

DiamondT, I would stick to the template letters here : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

There are some specific things in the letters which have to be said at each stage to avoid problems later based on CAG experience.

They can get arsy about overdrafts, but it only seems to be if you stop using your account and, in particular, stop paying in a regular amount every month. About 5% of the overdraft limit seems to keep them off your case. Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

Guest louis wu

Hi diamond,

generally, the head office is the usual address for all correspondance, and the one i always used.

REGISTERED ADDRESS: -

ABBEY NATIONAL PLC

ABBEY NATIONAL HOUSE

2 TRITON SQUARE

REGENT'S PLACE

LONDON

NW1 3AN

All you are doing at the moment is asking for info that you are legally obliged to know

I am assuming you are not using the standard letter as you dont want to 'annoy' Abbey and risk your o/d. So with that in mind, a couple of suggested changes (taken directly from the template)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To be honest though diamond, Abbey are getting thousands of these types of letters, and I cant see what harm sending the CAG standard template would do. Still, it's your account, and you must feel comfortable making any decisions that will affect your account.

Hope it all works out well for you

Louis

Thank you both V much.

The letter above is from the Moneysavingexpert web site. I was told about that site 1st but then was refered to this site. I will retype the letter using the letter on here. From what you have said it sounds the better one.

Again Thank you

I have used the templates from this site as they are, and have had no problems with my accounts. In fact i feel Abbey have been quite quick with dealing with my claim. Have not had any delaying with statements etc.

Hope that helps.

Thank you messiah :)

Sorry if this seems a thick question but can anyone tell me who to make the cheque out to please? I know i'll end up putting the wrong name on it if i dont ask.

Thank you

they will send you back a letter saying that they will send you the last 14 months worth of statements, but the rest are on michrofiche and that it is not possible to give a computer print out of the info.

They sent mt statments after 7 days and the stuff of michrofiche (all 200+ pages) on the 14th day.