• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Evo v Yorkshire Bank ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right Done Court Bundle as per direction from court.

Just need to clarifiy a couple of points

1. Settled cases. i have included to cases in the court bundle but do i need to include to settle cases from this site. if so could someone show me the link. i have read the excell spread sheet but can not find it now, i knew i should of saved it to disc.
  2. i have not included any correspondance that is marked without preducice. I that right.
  3. I cannot find any SAR in here records do i need it.
  4. Is anyone actually going to sit and read all this Bumpf.

Got to be in by 25th April.

Thanks lillboy

Bogus Charges £499.00 LBA 1/06/06

Refund of £299.00 now sent Data Protection Act:)

GE Capital NEXT

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

he's had an offer today from YB for Around £1,400.00 i will know more later once she brings letter.

Thanks lillboy

GE Capital NEXT

Unless it is for the full amount reject it. If you stick it out you will get every last penny, but it might not be until nearer the court date.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

They have aggreed to pay

Court cost

Charges for 6 years from court date.

Will not pay interest of around £340.00 due to the courts dicretion any charges being her fault.

Thanks lillboy

GE Capital NEXT

They will pay the interest if she holds out. As they say interest is at the courts discretion, and not the banks, and it isn't her fault that they kept taking charges without her agreement. My earlier post stands, as I think £340 for the sake of a few more weeks is worth holding out for.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Re: County Court Claim Number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Sir/Madame

Thank you for your letter dated 26th April 2007. I respectfully decline your offer of £1477.00 as settlement of my claim. As you well know you have had several opportunities to settle this case before court action commenced in which could have reduced cost. I am prepared to let the district judge decide as to whether interest should be paid on this case.

My claim is for £1,368.00 also Interest as per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% currently totalling £400.63 continuing at 8% until judgment or settlement at a daily rate of £0.30 plus court costs as outlined in my particulars of claim and recent correspondence submitted to the courts as directed. This claim will continue until payment is made in full.

Alternatively, should you wish to settle my claim in full, then please forward the full amount of the claim without further conditions and I will inform the court that the claim is settled.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

[signature]

Thanks lillboy

GE Capital NEXT

• 3 weeks later...

Does Yb Court bundle have to get to us before the 28 days or is it just to the courts. 7 Days left. in my calculations she should recieved her bundle before the 23rd May.

Thanks lillboy

GE Capital NEXT

Normally both bundles need to be submitted at the same time to the court and the other party. I have yet to hear of YB submitting a bundle to anyone or any court though. When's the court date?

I used the alteranative appraoch to the allocation questionaire the judge complied with this i have submitted our documents which had to be in by 25/04/07.

The defendant shall within 28 days thereafter file and serve a response to the claimants' scedule, stating in respect of each item claimed.

• a) Pursuant to what contractual provision such charge was made, producing a copy of the contractual document relied upon;

• b) Whether such charge is accepted to be a penalty, and if not why not;

• c) If such charge is alleged to be a pre-estimate of the Defendant's loss incurred by the Claimant's actions (whether or not such action is treated as a breach of contract between the parties), all facts and matters intended to be relied upon as showing that such was a proper estimate of such loss, and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to what the true cost of dealing with the matter was;

• d) Any witness statements.

If the defendant Fails to comply with this order, the defence will be struck out without further order

So in my calculation they have until next wednesday to comply with this order.

Thanks lillboy

GE Capital NEXT

Forget to answer your question

the court hearing is for Tuesday 12th June 2007.

Thanks lillboy

GE Capital NEXT

Looks like a good order. Be prepared for some of YB's delaying tactics though. In my crystal ball I see you getting judgment by default, and then YB applying for a set aside because they didn't get the paperwork. That's what they've done to Moss, despite the court order and also when there have been other judgments by default.

Looks like we need to composed a letter highlighting this total abuse of the courts system for when they default on the directions. If i do write a letter would I be wise to send a copy to YB.

Thanks lillboy

GE Capital NEXT

I think it would be polite to do so for information. Have a look through the successful cases and try and track the litigation details for those who had default judgments set aside, and then went on to win without attending court to demonstrate that they've done it before. Claimants that spring to mind are Rachel2609, Dan-rides-bike and of course Moss. There may be others. Possibly Trundlecat?

Use the advanced search tool.

Thanks Caro

Will do so over the weekend

Thanks lillboy

GE Capital NEXT

Actually you could include all the successful claims as none went as far as a hearing, at least not in England.

Letter Sorted

Not posting it in here untill after they fail to submit their papers to the court.

I will confirm that it is just a variation of the wasted cost order but it highlights the latest tactics used by YB to delay the claims even further.

Thanks lillboy

GE Capital NEXT

16/04/07.Finnally Got the direction from court; However they have put on it Evo V Abbey Bank. Another Typo error. Got to ring them today to get it resent and make sure they have sent one to Yorkshire bank not Abbey.

I got in touch with the court regarding this typo error they stated that everything was ok and the right letter had been sent YB.

Got another copy of the directions from court today 21/05/07 ammended with Yorkshire Bank as defendant.

Written across top in biro is

Amended under the slip rule this 18/5/07

any ideas if this is going to delay things do i count their 28 days from 18/05/07 or is this the start of our 28 days again.

Thanks lillboy

GE Capital NEXT

Hi All

An update.

Spoke to a very nice lady at the courts today she has confirmed that all the origional timescales are applicable and if YB do not submitt their documents as per order by 4:00 pm today. I can write a little note to the judge making him aware the deadline has passed. she said that out of all the cases allocated for that day YB where the only ones not to settle as of yet. I Explained about their tactics regarding trying to delay things further, she advised i include the details in the letter. therfore i feel that now i could definitley used the wasted cost template to cover these issues.

hope to provide a more positive update soon getting close now.

Thanks lillboy

GE Capital NEXT

Any comments would be appreciated.

XXXXXXXXXXX

xxxxxxxxxx

XXXXX

Chesterfield

Derbyshire

XXXX XXXX

The Court Manager

ChesterfieldCounty Court

and postcode

24th May2007

Dear Sir/Madam

EVO V’s Yorkshire Bank

I wish to inform the court that the claim as detailed above, in which I am the Claimant, The deadline for your order has now passed.

The Defendant has failed to file any documents to the court, breaching the order made by District Judge AA on 28th March. Again this is typical of the Defendant’s approach in other cases of which I am aware.

We now ask that the defence is now struck out without further order as indicated on the order mentioned.

I believe that the Defendant has behaved unreasonably in their approach to defending this claim, not least because I believe the Defendant had no intention of ever defending this claim at a hearing. I am aware that in other cases against Yorkshire Bank have once the defence has been struck out by default, they will then ask for this to be set aside, May I at this point request that no set aside is granted as this is again a tactic used to delay the settling of the claim.

I also enclose a list of all cases of which I am aware in which Yorkshire Bank was the Defendant. Every one of these cases was settled in full before a hearing despite a defence being entered by the Defendant.

Yours faithfully,

Thanks lillboy

GE Capital NEXT

Moss

I have Changed Letter

your comments or any comments would be appreciated. thanks Wayne

Thanks lillboy

GE Capital NEXT

Looks like that should do the trick to me.