• Tweets

• OK. Thank you all for the input.  I'll ignore their letters of demand but NEVER ignore a letter of claim. I'm bracing myself for the stress as their demands £££ goes up and the case gets sent to debt collectors. 
    • OK.  It was worth a try. Their case is still pants and they have broken their own Code of Practice numerous times.
    • @BankFodder sorry for the delay and thank you for the lengthy reply. Yes, I agree. It's a small business and the guy is very very decent. I know someone else said my priority shouldn't be worrying whether he gets shafted but I'm not here to try and screw him over because I feel like if someone behaves decently and gets exploited, they might not behave so kindly in the future. I know DX mentioned he thinks I've caused the issue by leaving multiple instructions, but I have already explained why and both instructions were to leave it with a neighbour and there was nothing advising the driver to abandon the parcel on my doorstep. I don't think leaving it there could be considered a safe place.  I am still waiting on the retailer to respond. Ultimately, I wanted to know how he would proceed if DPD's response isn't favourable. I am certainly not looking to cause any problems. I just want my laptop. I will read the other posts for sure. I've been a bit preoccupied with family stuff. I have nothing in writing from DPD as I phoned them, but they did advise it should be the retailer that liaises with them. I tried contacting the driver straight after deliver via Whatsapp, as that's an option, but it said I couldn't send him a message and I have kept that log. We all know who took the parcel on our street, because that person has a history of parcel theft, but I don't have a doorbell camera or cctv. Police are refusing to intervene, despite the fact that I, along with several other people, spotted another's neighbour's parcel in said "suspect's" car and confronted her to get the parcel back. If the police had acted sooner, I might have had a better chance of getting the parcel back, but I suspect the laptop has long been sold on.  When the retailer responds, I will send him the link to this thread. Hopefully, he will benefit from the information on here as well.
    • @dx100uk none of the instructions advised them to leave the parcel on my door step and without such instructions., I'm struggling to see why they think it's ok to just dump it there.
    • I have checked. No recording was triggered by the camera - I don't have loop recording, only proximity and vibration sensor triggered recording - abs and since he took photos from afar and did not physically touch my car - no recording was done. 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Diskmandave -v- Robinson, Way & Co - The Never Ending Story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

These people RW started phoning me last week, they phone everyday and the conversation never gets very far . I know they want me to acknowledge some debt from 8 years back which won't happen. I like to play with them on data protection because they have nothing on their files that has information only i know.

RW caller : Good afternoon, I am calling from Robinson way , can I confirm your name is Drexl Spivey ?

Drexl : I am he, Drexl Spivey

RW Caller : I am phoning in regard to your acc ...

Drexl : Cease

RW Caller : excuse me ?

Drexl : You are familiar with the data protection act 1998 are you not ? . Were you just about to contravene that act by what could be illegal disclosure by not going through the correct security checks to ascertain who it is exactly you are talking to ?

RW Caller : Er , could you tell me your postcode please .

Drexl : My postcode ! ( sounding incredulous ) , you can't ask for my postcode and think that fufils any kind of security criteria , anyone can know my post code, it is in the public domain, it is on the electoral register. How would you like it if the security code to enter your online banking was asking your postcode . You need to ask me something only I would know .

Drexl : you need to ask me the name of my first cat. That is the question i always use for any account. Ok, now ask away.

RW Caller : Hangs up

------

I am tired of that now thou, I had moved onto easier methods to be rid. Now I play this song called Jet Generation by Guitar Wolf at full blast down the phone. If you find this song online you will realise the horror of having this in your ear . Everyone should have this mp3 especially for the clowns at RW.

• Haha 3

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That could be a good way to go .. appeal to their greed )

RW Caller : Good Afternnon, I am calling from Robinson way , can I conf...

Drexl : Oooh ! , Robinson Way ? .. i've been meaning to get in touch with you today . Let me just get my card ..

Drexl

I wonder what would win, their desire to get money and continue to listen to cliff , or they would have to put the phone down to escape it. Interesting dilemma :) . I will do that next time .

And if they still there after congratulations and wired for sound . Then.. ' ok, sorry about that, just had to find the birthday card I got to write out for my nephew ' . Then torment them with the data protection procedure again .

• Haha 1

Hayley Felton ..Complaints & compliance manager eh ?

An interesting name to drop in my conversation to the telephone oinks that pester me.

If I find her phone number , i'll will call everyday right after they have called me, she how she likes it.

I got my ref number from manchester TS today too, regarding robbingscum way . But im not going to rush in too quick to complain, I don't think I need to give them enough rope, the way they work they will be reeling it in all by themselves.

ah ok, because i have the same on my letters. I haven't had any correspondence saying 'we have sold the debt', or anything from robberscum way saying they purchased it . Wanted to know really , because I'm not sure who to make the £1 PO payable too . You have to make it payable to the company who owns the debt ?

Anything interesting in that letter last night from robberscum ?

If you go to the registry of data controllers.

Register of Data Controllers - find out what personal data is being processed

And search for Robinson way, they are not on there . Not a registered data controller .

If you type in their post code M50 2ZY , they are not listed there either . In case the search needed "& co" etc

Does this mean they are not allowed to hold our data on file ?

Should we be informing the information commisioner's office ?

Data Protection Act 1998

Prohibition on processing without registration

17. - (1) Subject to the following provisions of this section, personal data must not be processed unless an entry in respect of the data controller is included in the register maintained by the Commissioner under section 19 (or is treated by notification regulations made by virtue of section 19(3) as being so included).

Offences.

21. - (1) If section 17(1) is contravened, the data controller is guilty of an offence.

London Scottish Bank ( who robinson way are part of ) are listed thou, registration number Z5395499 .

Mercers (Z5068082).. do have a registration there , part of of Barclays . Forthright Finance have an entry (Z5525423) , owned by Halifax ... Viking collection services, owned by GE capita have an entry (Z9613702) . Global debt management services (Z9934656) - Alliance and Liecester , Metropolitan collection services (Z5518960) - HSBC . List goes on .

How come robinson way do not need to be registered, or do they ? Every DCA I've looked for owned by a bank / building society is registered, except Robinson way . Anyone know if they are breaking the law ?

And if so , can we get them under the Human Rights Act Article 8 ?

Darn, thats a pity :( I thought the post code cross search would have taken care of any differences in spelling, must have their data controller housed in the main london scottish bank under another postcode . Oh well, have to be happy with the £400 to the FOS . No phone calls again today so far , off down the wetherspoons now for large amounts of ale so won't know if they call later.

I see robinson way as vampires. Show them the blood and they will come back for more and more . Put to them the cross of the law and they will crawl back to their foul place never to return again.

No phone calls again today , no letters.. it all started out so virulent , and every single day ... now there is nothing :/

Wasn't that amstrad cpc 464 the one that was about 4 foot long with the tape drive on the right ? That was a nasty looking thing . I did get the QL thou, which wasnt really a bad computer, except those little tape thingys they used that always broke /.

I preferred the commodore 64 thou, all those peeks and pokes . They would think you are a pervert to mention that these days .

I would love to work at robinson way, every old /vulnerable person with statute barred debts they are coercing money out of with threats and intimidation , i would be .. do not pay !, please see a CAB advisor about your rights under the limitation act.. do .. not .. pay !! . I would get sacked at the end of the month but at least some would be saved from the misery of robinson way lies .

Caller : Good afternoon, I am calling from robinson way , can i confirm you are Mr Drexl Spivey

Drexl : Yes, that is correct, I am said Spivey

Caller : I am calling with regard to your acc ....

Drexl : Cease.

Drexl : Ok , go ahead , just had to switch the recorder on to keep a record of the conversation.

Caller :

Caller : I am calling regarding your account with us , it is regarding the debt owing...

Drexl : One moment .

Caller :

Drexl : Ok , can I have your name please , your name and position in the company .

Caller : My name is Fiona

Drexl : F i o n a , ..

Drexl : Is that a Mr , Miss or Ms Fiona ? ... and Surname ?

Caller : why do you want my surname for ?

Drexl : For my report to accompany the recording of this telephone conversation .

Caller : A report for what ?

Drexl : A report to the office of fair trading , You have already contravened section 2.6a of the OFT debt collectance guideance , section 40 of the administration of justice act 1970 and section 1 of the protection from harassment act and you've only just started .

Drexl : Your surname please .

Caller : I just need to ask you a few questions first . Do you acknowledge the debt of £****.** to **** bank ?

Drexl : No, I don't , never heard of them .

Caller : So you are saying it is fraud, somebody has run this debt up in your name, that is what you are saying ?

Drexl : No, I believe thats what you just said.

Caller : I don't believe you that you have no knowledge of this debt mr spivey

Drexl : I don't believe your name is fiona either .

Drexl : And furthermore , your not making the correct security checks either, you've only been on the phone 5 minutes and what you've said constitutes illegal disclosure in contravention of the data protection act 1998 . You cannot establish identity just because i say i'm who you are asking for, you need to ask me a question only i would know . But here you insinuating I owe a debt to, for all you know, anybody to listen too .

Caller :

Caller :

You ever encountered that 'Fiona' DMD ?

• 2 weeks later...

We are sure you are as keen as us to ensure the OFT's guidelines regarding statute barred debts are adhered to. Because of this we wish to advise you of the following one-off settlement quote :

An action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.

IF YOU CALL WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS , WE CAN OFFER A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF TEXT OF THIS LAW THAT YOU WOULD NEED TO READ AND ARE PREPARED TO NARROW IT DOWN TO ONE RELEVANT PARAGRAPH.

ACT NOW ! If we do not receive a response from you will will have no alternative but to take no further interest in your scheme.

TELL US ! You must tell us if you cannot understand the Limitations Act 1980 . We WILL HELP YOU if we can . If you have a problem understanding this law or the office of fair trading guidelines on debt collection procedure , it is better to consult and be acquainted than to simply ignore it.

THIS LAW WILL NOT GO AWAY. - IT MAKES SENSE TO READ IT IN FULL – NOW .

Just thinking how to word my statute barred letter like they word theirs....might even add those yellow strips

• Haha 2

How could I forget that ODC ! , oops..

--------

THIS IS NOT A COURT DOCUMENT

THIS LETTER IS VALID EVEN IF NOT READ BY YOU

We are sure you are as keen as us to ensure the OFT's guidelines regarding statute barred debts are adhered to. Because of this we wish to advise you of the following one-off settlement quote :

An action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.

IF YOU CALL WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS , WE CAN OFFER A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF TEXT IN THIS LAW THAT YOU WOULD NEED TO READ AND ARE PREPARED TO NARROW IT DOWN TO ONE RELEVANT PARAGRAPH.

ACT NOW ! If we do not receive a response from you we will have no alternative but to take no further interest in your scheme.

TELL US ! You must tell us if you cannot understand the Limitations Act 1980 . We WILL HELP YOU if we can . If you have a problem understanding this law or the office of fair trading guidelines on debt collection procedure regarding harassment , it is better to consult and be acquainted with than to simply ignore it.

There, much better .. thanks :)

THIS IS NOT A COURT DOCUMENT

THIS LETTER IS VALID EVEN IF NOT READ BY YOU

IF YOU CALL WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS , WE CAN OFFER A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF TEXT IN THIS LAW THAT YOU WOULD NEED TO READ AND ARE PREPARED TO NARROW IT DOWN TO ONE RELEVANT PARAGRAPH.

ACT NOW ! If we do not receive a response from you we will have no alternative but to take no further interest in your scheme.

TELL US ! You must tell us if you cannot understand the Limitations Act 1980 . We WILL HELP YOU if we can . If you have a problem understanding this law or the office of fair trading guidelines on debt collection procedure regarding harassment , it is better to consult and be acquainted with than to simply ignore it.

ARE YOU AWARE THAT YOUR NEGLECT TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE LAW COULD BE AFFECTING YOUR CREDIBILTY AND MAY IMPAIR YOUR ABILITY TO OBTAIN OR LOAN VALIDITY TO YOURSELVES AT A LATER DATE .

--------

Only one letter since my request for their complaints procedure, and a major step down from the earlier 'court action ' ultimatum . Now it is limited to 'take further action'. It is unspecified as to what . I hope they threaten me with a door collection agent , I hate this traffic in london and the congestion charges .. id want him here just to tell him to go away again, and knowing he spent all that time and money for his troubles :)

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Did you know this Robinson Way had offices in London. There I was having these people with the horrid manchester accents tying to talk to me and all the while there was one of their offices just up the road from me . I did not even know they were there until they sent me a letter wanting to come round for a visit. This was the last of their threats before they sold my account, and they did not even have the decency to even follow it through.

106x9cn.jpg

Editing, its too big at the moment. oh , nm, it is your envelope causing the scroll bar )

It is, yes . And I wanted to speak to this Ron Mapledoram to hurry his visitor along, only to be told he had left the company years ago. They cannot even threaten with live legitimate staff for me to harass . All this after getting a statute barred letter, they really cannot help themselves getting reported to OFT and incurring ombudsman case fees. I miss them, their astuteness lacking in such enormity .