Banks and the threat of closing accounts

Che
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I receiveda letter this morning offering full refund :D but stating that they will apply charges in the future and will close the account if not operated correctly.

What is the general consensus of this?

17th May 2006 - Letter from the Hellifex offering full refund of charges to date - £330.57 :D :D :D

Your bank would not be offering to repay if they felt there charges were lawful.

And they are asking you to conduct your account in accordance with their T&C's,

while they wish to run their bank in contravention of the laws of the land. Bit rich.

Ask for their comments. And point out that an indication that they are going to start running their bank correctly would be for them to comply with the OFT demands which come into force at the end of the month.

If you don't accept my points, see you in Court.

And point out that an indication that they are going to start running their bank correctly would be for them to comply with the OFT demands which come into force at the end of the month.

Incorrect. The OFT declaration only relates to credit cards at this point. They have indicated that the same point of view should apply across the board of financial services, but at this point, bank charges are outside their remit. Do not expect to see changes in bank charges any time soon.

Che, if you look in "general", I posted the answer from the OFT when I reported the same letter as yours. A disappointing one, to say the least.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

17th May 2006 - Letter from the Hellifex offering full refund of charges to date - £330.57 :D :D :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks