Honychurch v Abbey

lhonychurch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have been reading the posts and well done to those who have succeeded and keep at um to the rest of you.

You have given me courage to pursue my own owed charges.

I have all our bank statement to day 1 so I have been able to add up all the charges.

Mine £551.50 & hubby's £401.50.

As I have an overdraft how can I work out the additional interest we paid because of these charges or is it actually worth bothering with and cut that bit out of the letter?

Also sorry I'm a bit confusded Should I send the letter before action or the preliminary approach for repayment?

Do I send this to a local branch or to h/o in London.

Any advise would be gratefully recieved.

thanks

Lisa

Have many of you had your accounts closed by abbey?

Hi Lisa,

You should send a preliminary approach letter requesting they refund your charges. Give them 14 days to respond in your favour. If they don't respond or they refuse to give you your money back, then send them the letter before action giving them another 14 days. If they still refuse to back down, then file a claim with the court.

There are letter templates here: (cut and paste into your browser) http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

I sent my preliminary approach letter today, addressed to the head office by recorded delivery (cost £1.00 including postage)

Address:

Abbey National House

2 Triton Square

Regent's Place

London

NW1 3AN

Re. interest, just copied this from a thread by Spiceskull

"To give you a rough guide, you can claim for everything on your statements that is not a justifiable service fee, or justifiable interest:

Claim:

* Penalty Charges applied to your account. This is for exceeding overdrafts, referral/representation of DD’s and SO’s, cancellation of DD’s and SO’s, card misuse charges - the list is long!

* Interest charged to your account for any of the above

* When the interest is applied to the penalty charges, then this interest should be included in your claim

* If your transaction history identifies what interest is applied for what reason, then be honest about the amount you request

* If the interest is not itemised, then claim for ‘Interest Charges,’ and the onus will be on the bank to demonstrate the proportion they are entitled to

Don't Claim:

* Agreed fees, such as £5 monthly overdraft arrangement fee

* In any 'charging month' if you have an interest charge, but no penalty charges, then clearly this is 'legitimate' interest charged to your overdraft. Do NOT claim for this

* Additionally, this figure can be used to apply an 'average' to your interest 'proper' charges over the months - i.e. deduct this figure from 'Interest Charges' each month, and the remainder will be an approximate figure for interest applied to penalty charges

* Any concept of costs or time at this time

* Interest other than that which appears on your statements

* Interest at 8% APR (that comes when you raise your claim at court)"

Good luck

Janey

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

The Consumer Action Group

Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks