Indie v Barclays **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so sent of my request for details of my account - got that back real quick.

Then sent the standard letter asking for the charges back - totalling approx £750.

In my letter they were due to respond by 13th October ... got a letter before then saying they couldn't respond until 26th October. Was definately going to send them a letter before action on the 13th but ended up flying to California and forgot ... DOH!

But surprise, surprise get a letter on my return dated 26th October saying that I didn't have a claim but that they would offer me £350 to finalise matters ....

So I take it I should write back saying no way baby - I want it all???? But should this be a letter before action or just a 'give it to me or within 7 days I will send a letter before action?

I also want them to stop taking the £12 or so monthly for the Additions Account I have - that I don't want!

Also once paid out - do they continue to make these charges on your account? Does anyone have any experience of that?

Thanks

Indi

You can send this letter rejecting their offer, and then send the LBA according to your original timetable

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

Re the additions account, presumably you could contact them and request that they cancel it. Do you recall ever signing up to it? If not, and they are unable to prove that you did sign up to it, you may be able to claim back all the monthly charges.

Yes, they do have a habit of continuing to charge penalties, even after they have settled your claim. But I would have thought if you were to call them each time it happens, they would probably pay it back

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

• 1 month later...

The Update!

Had an offer of £350 against the claimed amount of £715 ... I responded no way and also that the claim had just increased by £60 due to another 2 x £30 paid referrals being charged - one for me being £2 overdrawn....

Told them I wanted a minimum of £700 and that they should respond within 14 days. They didn't so today I filed my claim on line... EEEK!!

Keep going you'll have all your money back soon, but be prepared to go through the court route. They settled with me 21 days before court date it is very satisfying. I got charged the other day for being £4.21 overdrawn and they won't give it back so i will have to go through the whole performance again.

Good Luck

charlie

• 2 months later...

So have got a court date of 4th May - which is date I said to avoid! So bloody hope Barclays does settle as supposed to be going to Cornwall that day!

But no request for a court bundle or anything - is that likely to come later please????

Thanks

What does your letter say that advised you of the court date. Mine told me that I had to get to the court and other party, by a stated date, documents that I was going to rely on.

Got the paperwork ready for the court by date specified. Got letter this morning from Barclays offering full and final settlement :D.

• 2 months later...

Many thanks to this site for getting me off on the right track ... its taken some months but very little effort considering!

My Court date with Barclays was due to be 4th May - I changed that to 11th May and within 2 days had an offer for full and final settlement from Barclays in the sum of £855.

The Court did not even ask me for a court bundle - I guess they are getting used to these cases disappearing off the List at the last minute!!

YIPEEEEE!!!!:)

Congratulations!!!!

:D

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)