Taken offer from HBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well i have had the phone call and have taken a settlement. I started my claim on the 10th jan with charges of £5,000 asked for 6 years but only really 5 in scotland. Got the standard letter it will take 8 weeks to look int your claim blah blah. So i kept phoning just little courtesy calls to see if there was any progress i contacted the ombudsman got a nice woman who sent a letter to the bank to say if i didn,t get a satisfactory response then they would take over my case and i got a nice letter from the bank apoligising and i would get a result no later than the 7th march. Well last night phone rings Halifax offered me £1,500 i said thanks but no said we would not take anything less than £4,000 got a phonecall 9.30 this morning offering £4,000 which will be in my account within 2 weeks. case closed very happy as we need the cash now i reckon the ombuds has a lot of welly where the banks are concerned and you don,t need to go to court which in my case living in scotland wouldn,t be that easy so thanks CAG donation will be on way.

Well done Roryroo!!! A nice little sum for you to enjoy!!! :D

Best wishes

jaxads xxx

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi Roryroo,

How far through the provess did you get before the offer was made?? It was 6 weeks after initial request got the standard letter we will be in touch within 8 weeks i reckon contacting the finiancial ombuds speeded things up it is not the full amount but we are happy with it i also kept phoning every couple of days got letter today to sign that we have accepted the offer and states should we claim again that they will close our account but we opened a parachute with the nationwide just in case but we don,t plan to be o/d again!!