mario v Lloyds

mario
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can I claim back overdraft usage and excess fees plus interest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statements recieved 10th may 2006

Claiming back £810.82

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lueeze

Yes the OD usage and excess, but the interst is very hard to work out so most people leave it out.

Good Luck

Lou x

Can I just ask a question as to what point you put the 8% interest on as I have been charged (see standard letter amount below)do I add the 8% to the below statement.

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £798.75 plus £12.07 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £810.82

MOD NOTE: POST MERGED INTO YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD - PLEASE POST PROGRESS AND QUESTIONS TO THIS THREAD ONLY

You dont add the 8% until it is going to court m8, none of your letters to the bank should include the 8%.

Thats for the courts only.

Your overdraft interest is very hard to work out as you can only claim for interest that is caused by the bank taking you overdrawn.

Thats why most of us just ask for the charges back firstly then add the 8% when it goes to court.

Data Protection Act Request sent 22nd April 2006 (recorded delivery) to Penny Berryman 40 days up on 1st June 2006.

Statements recieved 5th May 2006

Claiming back = £3913.65

Preliminary Letter Sent 5th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 9th May

Letter Before Action Sent 9th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 12th May

Moneyclaim filed issued 6th June (14 days to reply) Time up on 20th June.

Acknowledged 15th June (28 days to defence)

Time up on 13th July.

Defence Recieved 7th July

Going Before the Judge 15th September

Court Date 5th December

Brilliant thanks,I am not claiming for myself but for my son,I am now at the stage to send off the letter for request of repayment of charges tomorrow.

Oh and use the spreadsheet that Lou mentioned for adding the interest, its excellent ;)

Data Protection Act Request sent 22nd April 2006 (recorded delivery) to Penny Berryman 40 days up on 1st June 2006.

Claiming back = £3913.65

Preliminary Letter Sent 5th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 9th May

Letter Before Action Sent 9th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 12th May

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

Your welcome, it really is easy to use and i did my last 6 years in about 15 mins ;)

Claiming back = £3913.65

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

Its in my sig Lou ;)

Claiming £3134.01 + £764.98 in interest.

A nice tidy sum, maybe i'll get my double glazing in with it. :)

Claiming back = £3913.65

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

How much of the £3,134.01 was made up of interest on penalty charges please?

Ahh i actually let them off with all of the interest on charges.:eek:

The £3134.01 is totally interest free.

I found it difficult to calculate and thought it would be time consuming as im in the middle of a University Degree and am very time limited :lol:

Claiming back = £3913.65

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

It's a good thought, but it really isn't that simple. Maybe a flowchart with links to assisting threads.

The step by step guide is your best option, although there are always improvements being made. It just takes time to do these things, usually everyone's spare time.

Keep to the step by step.:)

[

Just a bit unsure re the different interest charges,re below do I first of all claim the charges plus interest then when I send LBA letter add an extra 8%,is that what it says below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------'Quote'

Having received your statements and calculated your charges plus interest which you may have been charged on them if you were in overdraft at the time, enter the charges into the spreadsheet which is also provided in the Library section of the http://www.BankActionGroup.com forum. This will provide you with a total which you can claim from your bank.

If you have to issue a court claim, the spreadsheet will also calculate interest at 8% as allowed by s.69 the County Courts Act (1984) and which you will add to your claim at that point. NOTE: you do not claim the 8% unless you pu

You do not send any letter including the 8%, this is ONLY added when your file with moneyclaim.

The interest that you are trying to calculate is the interest that was charged as a result of lloyds taking charges out that actually made you overdrawn.

Its very complicated to work out, and many people including me dont include it, just because i would not want an error to hinder my claim for thousands.

We are just hapy to claim charges, then 8% interest when the time comes.

Claiming back = £3913.65

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

Cheers Dappa,recieved the standard letter back on the 19th of May,so will now wait 14 days before sending the LBA letter.When calc the 8% is it just 8% on top of the original claim amount.

Also looks like I added in a couple of charges after the 6 year period can I adjust the amount claimed for in the LBA letter I am now going to send,I am also going to say as has been suggested here ' please advice if charges amount is incorrect'.

Yes m8, an example is my claim in my signature.

Claiming back = £3913.65

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

8% of 3134=£250 total £3384 how did you get it to £3896,also cannot get 8% spreadsheet to work on my system so I presume its not a straight 8% of the amount overcharged,anyone know another way of calculating it,also do you have to show workings of your calculated charges.

Claiming back £3134.01 + 8% = £3896.32

edit

Claiming back = £3913.65

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks