• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Baines & Ernst now CCCS - many debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could you tell me what law of property act is ?

spuddly:)

Its an often misused ploy by DCAs to atgtempt to circumnavigate (avoid) their responsibilities under the CCA 1074

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recieved cabots complaint letter to flll in.

why should i complain to them !!

advice please anyone .

CITIFINANCIAL

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/85300-citifinancial-unable-find-my.html

:D :D ###WON###:D :D

## natsy westy result £250:p

## Halifax overdraft settled ##

## Halifax loan settled ##

## chatham settled ##

## paragon suite closed##

I recieved cabots complaint letter to flll in.

why should i complain to them !!

advice please anyone .

You have to give them an opportunity to explain their behaviour and breaches of the rules, their allegations and threats. They have 40 days to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. When they dont comply you can report them to the FOS

our service promise

Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited has a reputation for providing excellent customer serice and it's a reputation we work hard to maintain. But we also recognise that sometimes things can go wrong. In the event we have made a mistake, or we could have done something better, we will do our best to put this right for you.

This leaflet sets out the steps we take to ensure your complaint is fully considered.

tell us if things go wrong

step one

If any issues arise in the course of your dealings with us, please talk to us and let us know what your concerns are. The chances are things can be resolved quickly by the Collections Team Leader, Collections Manager or another member of staff - so please speak to them early on so any issues can be settled as soon as posible.

step two

If no one can address your concerns at the first instance, the matter will be referred to the Complaints department. A comlaint in relation to a specific individual shall immediately be referred to the Complaints department.

If you referred your complaint to the Complaints department or we have referred your complaint on to them, you shall receive formal confirmation and acknowledgement of your complaint in writing within 3 business days of receipt of your complaint. We will then look into your complaint and write to you within 10 working days of receiving notice of your complaint. Our letter will set out our understanding of the issue and any proposals for resolving matters which we think are appropriate. If, for any reason, we are still investigating your complaint after 10 working days, we will write and let you know how things are progressing.

step three

If you are unhappy with our response, we shall pass full details of your complaint to an appropriate manager for final review, unless our "final response" has been issued.

In the event hat we are unable to settle your complaint after an appropriate manager has carried out a final review, we will send to you in writing our final response. We will send you our final response within 8 weeks of receipt of your complaint. Our final response shall provide details on referring your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independant review. That service is a free, independant service for consumers with unresolved complaints about financial firms. The decision of the Financial Ombudsman Service will be binding upon us, unless the Court orders otherwise.

If your complaint has not been resolved by us after 8 weeks and you have not received our final response, you are entitled to take the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service without waiting any longer. It is, however, very unusual for investigations to go on this long.

Surely there would be a case for the Advertising Standards Agency to check this waffle Why dont Cabot cut out the middle men and let you go directly to the FOS. If their complaints system is anything similar to the way they deal with alleged debtors then you will doubtless end up at the FOS anyway.

HI

reading through my files on crapbot came across this letter they sent me back in may, it states quite clearly what they have requested from associates..

cabotapplicationformadmissionletter.jpg

CITIFINANCIAL

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/85300-citifinancial-unable-find-my.html

## chatham settled ##

ok update ...

When i came home from work a message to contact citicards was waiting for me...so i phoned and low and behold it was my old credit card company "The Associates" from way back.

Anyway i spoke to a pleasent lady who told me that after sending in a complaint to the FOS about cabot who i have been dealing with so far assured me that my CCA is still available:eek: ?, furthermore she is going to send me out a copy of my T&C whilst they recover my original agreement from archives , this may take a few weeks she added and on that point i reminded her that when i recieve the said agreement i will take it from there.

Probbly start paying again...:Cry:

How did they get my phone number!!!!

WHY ARE CRAPBOT NOT REFFERING TO THE ASSOCIATES AS CITICARDS!!! IN ANY OF THIER COMMUNICATION??

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

They are the w anchors chasing the debt. They are talkin sh1t if they say they have talked to TS. Just remind them od S 189 of the CCA.

This letter is like Crapbot

full of dung

did you see it!!

"APPLICATION FORM" NOT CREDIT AGREEMENT....:)

THEY HAVENT GOT A FRICKIN TUBE OF GLUE!!!

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

good evening CAG ers

well i dropped tameside TS a e-mail yesterday regarding you know who?

got my comfirmation today at work on my mble:D

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

off to TS tameside friday for a proper good natter about CRAPBOT and their practices..:D

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

CIVIL PROCEDURE RULE ...4.6

When a SAR is requested all the details they have on my account should include everything including CCA & T&C and nothing left out after all it is a legal request .

have a look at this i came across (see para 4. 6)

http://www.justice.gov.uk/civil/procrules_fin/pdf/practice_directions/pd_protocol.pdf

thats how i understand it

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

CIVIL PROCEDURE RULE ...4.6

When a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) is requested all the details they have on my account should include everything including CCA & T&C and nothing left out after all it is a legal request .

have a look at this i came across (see para 4. 6)

http://www.justice.gov.uk/civil/procrules_fin/pdf/practice_directions/pd_protocol.pdf

thats how i understand it

With all due respect, disclosure under the civil procedure rules (in this case, the pre-action protocols) does not have a great deal to do with a S.A.R.

The only case it would apply to a S.A.R. is when you are sending the Data controller a letter before action for failing to comply with a S.A.R. - I would suggest, however, that such an action would be best taken after complaining to the information commisioner.

The pre-action protocols deal with when a court action is imminent; A S.A.R. under the data Protection act 1998 operates at all times, but has a greater degree of exempt information.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Hi

Had a chat with my local Trading standards I pointed out that i had sent for a CCA back in March and still no agreement, she wanted to know why i was requesting the agreement in the first place.

I mentioned i was on a DMP and were coming to the end of all my accounts and wanted to regain control of my finance.

I explained to her the situation as it stands and needed to bring this account to an end.

she called citicards who i now am led to believe have bought the Associates and was given the runaround eventually she selltled on a department who had my account number and would deal with her.

(me thinks hearing T/S calling soiled a few undergarments mee self:eek: ).

Anyway back to Citicards, she spoke to someone called JOANNE and before they could go any further they needed confirmation from me to allow them to talk to T/S.

T/S said

hello ..i am XXXXX from trading standards can you explain why MR XXXXXXXXX has not yet recieved his CCA as requested and paid for back in march this year .also can you explain who are the four accounts he has in relation to this account untill the the intervention of yourselves does not know if he is paying the correct company.

Citicards told her that KINGS HILL NO1 AND CABOT both buy the accounts from citicards (once The Associates) so i should have sent a CCA request to CITICARDS as they own the account??

still confused eh:confused:

Citicards told T/S that they have the letter that i sent requesting the CCA but dont know where the £1 cheque is that i sent with the letter.

And it will take them a further 2-3 weeks whilst they find my CCA as they have to send a request internally for some poor sod to GO LOOK IN THE FILES MANUALLY...:eek:

Hold on a minute did i not get this respoince when i was on the phone to Citicards a few weeks ago and they said then they were sending me T&C whilst they looked for my CCA.

STILL NOTHING ABOUT THAT.......

Well I think they are running round like headless poultry and cannot find my CCA and are being Total T###s with me.

Tradins standards have given Citicards 2 weeks to come up with the CCA.

If they do not then a nother trip to Trading standards for me:D :D

Personally i think itll take them that long to stop slipping in all the BULL poop on the floor :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

Hi

Had a chat with my local Trading standards I pointed out that i had sent for a CCA back in March and still no agreement, she wanted to know why i was requesting the agreement in the first place.

I mentioned i was on a DMP and were coming to the end of all my accounts and wanted to regain control of my finance.

I explained to her the situation as it stands and needed to bring this account to an end.

she called citicards who i now am led to believe have bought the Associates and was given the runaround eventually she selltled on a department who had my account number and would deal with her.

(me thinks hearing T/S calling soiled a few undergarments mee self:eek: ).

Anyway back to Citicards, she spoke to someone called JOANNE and before they could go any further they needed confirmation from me to allow them to talk to T/S.

T/S said

hello ..i am XXXXX from trading standards can you explain why MR XXXXXXXXX has not yet recieved his CCA as requested and paid for back in march this year .also can you explain who are the four accounts he has in relation to this account untill the the intervention of yourselves does not know if he is paying the correct company.

Citicards told her that KINGS HILL NO1 AND CABOT both buy the accounts from citicards (once The Associates) so i should have sent a CCA request to CITICARDS as they own the account??

still confused eh:confused:

Citicards told T/S that they have the letter that i sent requesting the CCA but dont know where the £1 cheque is that i sent with the letter.

And it will take them a further 2-3 weeks whilst they find my CCA as they have to send a request internally for some poor sod to GO LOOK IN THE FILES MANUALLY...:eek:

Hold on a minute did i not get this respoince when i was on the phone to Citicards a few weeks ago and they said then they were sending me T&C whilst they looked for my CCA.

STILL NOTHING ABOUT THAT.......

Well I think they are running round like headless poultry and cannot find my CCA and are being Total T###s with me.

Tradins standards have given Citicards 2 weeks to come up with the CCA.

If they do not then a nother trip to Trading standards for me:D :D

Personally i think itll take them that long to stop slipping in all the BULL poop on the floor :rolleyes:

Oh to be a fly on the wall in Sh!ttycards office. Hopefully Trading Standards will take it all the way with this **** and prosecute their asses for non compliance with your CCA

A point of interest TS came out with, I should contact cabot myself in two weeks and then followup with a letter ?

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##