Halifax resident v Halifax bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Totally - they are making such a bit HOOHAAA out of me being in the red - but they have taken nearly £4500 of my money over the last 6 years - do you see me phoning them every hour and INSISTING that the monies be paid straigtaway????

Next time I speak to them, I might just ask them to confirm their:-

1. Company Registration Number

2. Address

3. Telephone number

4. The second and last digit of their security number (if they ask about this, I will have to take them through the whole security questionaire, and set up their own unique security number for when they call)

5. And of course if they can confirm their three last direct debits they have paid ......

In a perfect world, whould that not be sooooooooooooo funny .....?

Good luck!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just saw on the Moneyclaim site that the Hx have 'acknowledged' the case. no letter yet, but now they know i'm serious.

ps. i love the way that the debit for the Moneyclaim service shows up on your online statements - nice touch!

nice one lol

good luck

Halifax preliminary letter sent 17/05/06 charges £2661.00

Bog Standard blah blah blah letter received 22nd May 2006.

received lengthy letter dated 24th May 2006 offering £605 pah!

letter before action sent registered 5th June 2006

letter received in response to lba offering £1801.00 errrrr no ta

court action filed 23rd June 2006

deemed served to bank on25th June 2006

notice of acknowledgement of service has been filed

they intend to defend

7th july received letter PAYING IN FULL!!!

10th July cash deposit £112.58

10th July cash deposit £2869.00

:D :D :D :D

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

i just saw on the Moneyclaim site that the Hx have 'acknowledged' the case. no letter yet, but now they know i'm serious.

ps. i love the way that the debit for the Moneyclaim service shows up on your online statements - nice touch!

We are PMSL here at your ps

Best of luck we file at the court tomorrow:grin: Lets bring it on :p

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Your welcome ...... and thanks

In progress:

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

help!

progress report.. saturday, i received a letter from the Halifax stating that they were going to defend the claim, as expected.

BUT.. also received a letter from the NATWEST denying/refusing my application for the very basic bank account.

so, does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions for a bank that may accept my sorry ass for a customer?

also - i'm wondering is my credit rating now officially the worst it can be?! i applied to the Natwest on the advice of you good good people on this site, thinking it would be the best bet. what a loser!

help!

progress report.. saturday, i received a letter from the Halifax stating that they were going to defend the claim, as expected.

BUT.. also received a letter from the NatWest denying/refusing my application for the very basic bank account.

so, does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions for a bank that may accept my sorry ass for a customer?

also - i'm wondering is my credit rating now officially the worst it can be?! i applied to the Natwest on the advice of you good good people on this site, thinking it would be the best bet. what a loser!

I dont know the answer I am afraid , my credit score is pretty low ..but we managed to get an account with the natwest.

Firstly I dont know about the bank that will take you on ........but I know that HSBC wont we tried them we finaly had to go for the Natwest ......but just under the wifes name.

If you have a partner then you could also try that ...........I did read somewhere on here about another bank that would let just about anyone have an account though not 100% sure which one something like the coop bank maybe.

You need to get the next one right though because everytime you apply to them they put it on your credit reference ..so it wont look good keep applying to banks and them seeing you have applied to some others.....thats what showed up on my credit reference from experian .

Best of luck m8

In progress:

If I were you I would get hold of my credit report and check exactly what is on it. You can do it online at www.experian.co.uk it costs £2 and as long as you are on the votors roll where you are they will email the report to you. There may be something on the report that would prevent you getting an account, it may be something that you don't know about or has been put there by mistake. Any problems just pm me.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

Sorry justlooking .......the wife has just told me we could have opened an account with HSBC .but she decided not to because she wanted to enquire there if she had charges from a previous account .........wouldnt have looked good if she opened an account then screwed them for charges LOL .....we not sure there are any charges

In progress:

i've still heard nothing from the Halifax. my claim was 'acknowledged' on the 14th June.. it says on the Moneyclaim site that the defendant has 28 days to reply.

so does anybody know from their experience - do i need to worry nearer the 28 day mark about a court appearance?

cheers!

If I were you I would get hold of my credit report and check exactly what is on it. You can do it online at www.experian.co.uk it costs £2 and as long as you are on the votors roll where you are they will email the report to you. There may be something on the report that would prevent you getting an account, it may be something that you don't know about or has been put there by mistake. Any problems just pm me.

Or you can go here and get it free (for a short while!).

If you decide to buy it (rather than just using the 'aproximate' free one, then the cag gets a 5% commission).

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

the free credit score isnt at all accurate. for starters they dont need your address so how can they give you a proper score if they dont know who you are and where you live.

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

They do take the postcode though, don't they? I just did mine and it seemed about right.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

nothing to report like, i'm just sitting and waiting, sitting and waiting

i'm at my desk at work - headphones on and this song comes on by The Transplants - its called 'We Trusted You' and the lyric is almost entirely relevant to everyone on the site - let me share a selection of lyrics.

CHORUS:

We trusted you, we put out a helping hand

Only in return, we get a stabbing in the back

...Took us for granted, let's start here

Friendship over, so very clear

Then what is fair is gonna be fair

**** you...you're over...

...Stood by your side, you put a knife in my back

Never ever thought it'd be you who would do me like that

But we live and we learn, or so it's said

.....The mistakes I've made won't happen again

Keep my enemies closer than I keep my friends

.....Will we ever be the same? Well my answer is no

Don't wake up now, it's gonna be too late

Don't give me that **** about cleaning the slate

You've been at it too long, all your life that I've checked

Now your time's almost up....

If you don't stand for nothing I can't really stand behind you

Who knew you withdrew your point of view

I lost mine, you cry and whine all the time

And I cant stand aside or anywhere near you

I'd get in check, you're a wreck, no respect,

i know this is completely irrelevant so please bear with me!

but last night i was beginning to think that nice as it would be to get the cash BACK (and god knows i'm skint - but i'm just so used to being skint!), i really hope it GOES TO COURT!

i don't feel scared of the process like i initially did. i'm living in Halifax, i know people at the 'Halifax COURIER' (the local rag) and i'd love to stand there armed with the great arguments posted elsewhere on this site and look someone representing the Halifax right in the eye and talk it through! and i know i could get some emotional mileage out of the torment they brought to my life when i really needed a LITTLE EXTRA HELP!!

rant over, cheers for listening! (its lunchtime, i'm bored)

yup, they bit the bullet! i got my money back from the suckers.

KEEP GOING AND YOU GET THERE IN THE END HONEST! - i was damn sure i was gonna be the first in court. but i'm not!

donation coming..

and a massive thank you to EVERYONE on the site. working class heroes..

aw go on then - thought you'd never ask!

my claim was ACKNOWLEDGED on the 14th June, and i heard absolutely nothing from that day til today (the 12th day) - i checked online mid-morning and the money was in my account - £2,643 to be precise!

mu only worry now is, i have no parachute account and they'll be getting tetchy soon won't they? i'm in the process of trying the CO-OP.

Well done you!! Citizens Advice told me that Nationwide will take anyone even if bankrupt, ive just opened a nat west step acoount very easily!

Ally

Im new to this so don't rely on or copy what I do use your own judgement or seek legal advice!

Ally

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/33520-1st-credit-littlewoods-woolwich.html#post270608 Ongoing Littewoods/Woolwich/1st Credit

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/9671-halifax-loan-arrears-help.html on hold pending Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks