Off to the HIGH COURT!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help....Im getting a bit out of my depth now.I had a court date against Abbey in place and now the court has suggested that my claim for just over 2000 be referred to the High Court!.

Im not sure if i need to pay for this or if its going to be too daunting.Ive already forked out initially to Moneyclaim and then additional fees for it to go to court, and now this has happened..Please,ANY advice sincerely welcome.

Ive never heard or read on here of anyone being referred to the High Court.Is this the first case ever to get to a High Court?Am i destined to lose now that its got to this rather scary stage...im so in need for urgent advise.

Thankyou

Hiya e17tintin,

I am in same position as you I'm taking the RBOS to court and I started in the fast track, but at the allocation hearing the Judge said to the Bank when they said a day would be enough for the hearing the judge said " too many issues involved here I am moving this claim up to the multi track which is the HIgh Court and said two days.,

I'm representing myself 'cos it it would cost a fortune, I've found a lot of help on the County Court Web site tells you how it proceeds have a look and read it well, its helped me, even so its a bit daunting but I'm not giving in, 'cos my claim is a big one and I mean big we should keep in touch.

Keep smilin

Sparkie1723:)

Hi barney982,

The only thing I can think of in his case is that the judge must think there are some serious offences in there somewhere ,maybe tin tin will give us some more info to try and help him as much as poss, mind you I could do with some more I have been getting quite a bit off ..lookinforinfo and ....lawstudent.

I've already had one run with a barrister from Cobbetts.

sparkie1723

my viewis the judges are aware of what the banks are upto and know they dont want to disclose their figure work so by escalating it they are hoping the bank will either defend or settle quicker releasing the courts times etc i form this view from reading the threads in here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mercantile-court-cases-stays/

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Thankyou for all advise so far.....just confused if i should get a lawyer involved,but cant afford too,or to self-represent which also is rather scary.

All the comments above are really helping.Thankyou so far...

Hi e17tintin,

There was a section dedicated to cases sent up to the high court, I can't seem to find it now. The simple fact that it has been sent to the multi-track will normaly encourage the offending bank to settle rather quickly. This is where case law is set, and no bank has yet entered a SCC let alone a high court. Disclosure is mandatory so wait to hear from the court regarding the next step. In the meantime have a look at what sparkie said and PM a moderator who will be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D