• Tweets

• Include that in your witness statement along with that letter as an exhibit.
    • Yup, well so far they have lied to me about responding to a CCA,  are threatening me with a default notice that they don't have, produced a knocked up version of my NOA, sent me 29 pages of spew for an agreement. No wonder they pay 5 p in the pound for that crap.
    • Paragraph 2. I think there should be further down and also you should make the point that the payment to was made unilaterally and without the imposition of any conditions. Paragraph 3 – this is unnecessary because you are not claiming as an entitled third-party. This worries me because it makes me feel that you haven't fully read around because this is a paragraph which you would include where you were suing EVRi as a beneficial third party because you had actually made your contract with Packlink or some other broker. I think you need to revisit and do some more reading. I'm afraid I have a sense that you have simply copied this from somebody else's witness statement without understanding that it wasn't necessary. Please can you post the amended draft. Other than the suggestions above, it looks okay – but let's see it again for a further appraisal. In terms of the evidence, parties bundle, I think it might be an idea to start off with the correspondence with EVRi and then go onto the other evidence. You will have to amend the index page accordingly. You could shorten this bit. Take 19 is pretty well blank and you may as well miss it out also, there seems to be some repetition of emails and the email chain. I think will be worth going through and getting rid of duplicates if you can. 49 pages is a bit long and it would be a good idea to try and reduce the number. I have a feeling that 50 pages as the County Court limit anyway. The judge will be happier with you if the bundle is smaller. Maybe you could reduce the size of some of the images or messages et cetera. You have got several messages which straddle onto a second page so that things like sign off information and standard confidentiality information become orphans. A bit of manipulation and they could be joined to their parents I think. Page 31 as an example. So is page 19. You may only be up to shorten the whole thing by 56 pages – but I think it would be a good idea. 56 pages is, after all, 10%. If you can do more then so much the better
    • Investment by Dutch brewing giant will create 1,000 new jobs and reopen dozens of closed pubsView the full article
    • Qantas agrees to pay millions to settle lawsuit accusing it of selling tickets to cancelled flights.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

halifax is the pits - **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Blinky

I just thought I would let you know something, I have just been reading your thread, after just sending letter to bank for charges within the last 6 years to be documented and submitted to me.

I was very cautious at first and dubious about wether this would work or not, but after reading your thread you have been a total inspiration to anyone who is contemplating this.

I now know that I will not give up and will get just reward, am so glad you got a result you don't know how many others that result affects and how much of a boost it has given people.

Brilliant site, and so many people to give advice.

Thanks

aww brimden, thank you and yes i was so worried, having never done anything like this b4 always been on the receiving end of threatening court since i was divorced 2 years ago!!! (because of the debt the divorce left me), it was nerve wracking i did have a headache making sure i did everything right, i thought at one point when the recorded delivery wasnt showing as being delivered that they hadnt received the letter before action, and i would be the one going to court because i hadnt given them time to receive it etc etc, and then i did have a laugh with mechs about the page 2 on the n1 court claim form, that was so funny i still laugh about it now. but it had got me so worked up about getting it right i failed to see the second page and also i wanted it to be filed for court action before i went on holiday. oh my god when i think what ive been through it does give you such inspiriation and you feel oddly powerful, that you are on the other end so to speak. I would like to think i have some intelligence somewhere but no where near enough to take on the bank without the help and support and confidence i have gained from this site.

long may it continue, in the knowledge that we will not be battered down by banks, and we do have the right.

good luck with yours and if i can help anyone in anyway i would glady do so

xxxx

Halifax preliminary letter sent 17/05/06 charges £2661.00

Bog Standard blah blah blah letter received 22nd May 2006.

received lengthy letter dated 24th May 2006 offering £605 pah!

letter before action sent registered 5th June 2006

letter received in response to lba offering £1801.00 errrrr no ta

court action filed 23rd June 2006

deemed served to bank on25th June 2006

notice of acknowledgement of service has been filed

they intend to defend

7th july received letter PAYING IN FULL!!!

10th July cash deposit £112.58

10th July cash deposit £2869.00

:D :D :D :D

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congatulations on your win, here's hoping for the rest of us.

BOS Prelim : 19/06/06 Owed : £382: offered £90.LBA sent 02/07/06, Delivered: 04/07/06. Offer increased to full £382 but with condition. Settled 4/11/06.

Data Protection Act sent to BOS CC : 19/06/06. Acknowledged : 03/07/06 Statements Received : 11/07/06 owed £845

Statements received for closed BOS account: 27/07/06, Owed £2596.52

First claim on closed BOS account now started - £735 Prelim received 7/11/06 LBA sent 5/12/06, Offered Full £735 but with conditions. Claim filed 22/01/07

CapitalOne-£1247, settled in full.

LloydsTSB- £910, sttled in full.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE

Congatulations on your win, here's hoping for the rest of us.

:D thank you good luck with yours

they intend to defend

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

sorry to change the subject but can anyone tell me do the halifax drag their feet or do they respond quickly put our request for statements in last week

hi barry

they do have 40 days to comply.

i already had my statements so cant help you on the statement bit, but

my preliminary letter had an answer quite quickly offering a ridiculous amount, but i heard nothing from my letter before action, it was only the court action that they respond to, they defend the claim, then a week or so later you will receive a letter refunding the charges, plus interest plus the court fee if applicable,

sorry i cant be more helpful

just a quick question

have you posted your own thread? as you will have more of a chance of an answer to any of your questions

good luck not that you will need it;)

• Confused 1

they intend to defend

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

update:

awaiting the money to be paid into today or tomorrow,

have asked the lady to supply me with a cash card, according to her the account has just been downgraded to a cardcash account and is still active, so i get to keep the account, and in my situation thats a good thing cause no-one else will have me lol.

so everything in the garden is rosy apart from getting a puncture on my car taking the kids to school this morning:mad:

its menial to what i have acheived though!!!

my shopping list with the amount left over:

buy my children a swimming pool:D

carpet my lounge:D

grrrrrrr get new tyres for car:mad:

they intend to defend

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

Cheers Blinky I Am New To This And Computers How Do You Post A Thread I Dont Know Sorry If This Makes Me Seem Thick But Just Learning

your not thick at all barry,

just go to halifax bank forum and then post new thread

the button is at the top left hand corner

and fill in your details like you have just done

it just makes it easier for the moderators and other peeps to help you as you have all your details in one thread,

if need any other help dont hesitate to contact me

they intend to defend

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MONEY IN THE BANK

DEBT PAID OFF

LEFT WITH £495.

WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH FOR MY CASH CARD NOW!!!!!

and trying for the life of me to remember my pin number rofl

they intend to defend

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

Well done Blinky the wife keeps looking in our account ....but nothing there yet :(

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

update:

awaiting the money to be paid into today or tomorrow,

have asked the lady to supply me with a cash card, according to her the account has just been downgraded to a cardcash account and is still active, so i get to keep the account, and in my situation thats a good thing cause no-one else will have me lol.

so everything in the garden is rosy apart from getting a puncture on my car taking the kids to school this morning:mad:

its menial to what i have acheived though!!!

my shopping list with the amount left over:

buy my children a swimming pool:D

carpet my lounge:D

grrrrrrr get new tyres for car:mad:

I quote "awaiting the money to be paid into today or tomorrow,

have asked the lady to supply me with a cash card, according to her the account has just been downgraded to a cardcash account and is still active, so i get to keep the account, and in my situation thats a good thing cause no-one else will have me lol

WHAT A JOKE

rang them this afternoon to find out if the account could be unlocked and they said no sorry this account is being closed having been told this morning that i could have it as a card cash account. advised to go down to branch with id and withdraw the money out. I had to see someone couldnt just draw it over the counter so had to wait 1/2 hour to see someone, so............. luckily (having not got my licence or passport) I just took my council tax bill and my water bill, all the statements i could find from them, anything that would convince them that i am who i say i am, she was very nice and said dont worry about the identity as i have clearance already as she had rang head office while i was there.

anyway, withdraw the rest of the cash and put it in my parachute account

phew. hope this makes sense

(people who have been following my post will know what hassle i've had)

anyway i can safely say it is ALL DONE AND DUSTED NOW

they intend to defend

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

Well done Blinky the wife keeps looking in our account ....but nothing there yet :(

Hi mechs and mrs

it does become a habit keep looking lol

even when i signed off this morning i sign back in again!!!!

the interest went in first

then the full balance went in

ive just posted a reply on here about the hassle i had.

they intend to defend

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

Did they say why they were closing the account?

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Did they say why they were closing the account?

not this morning they didnt, but this afternoon they did!

they intend to defend

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

Oh well done you! have been watching your progress from the start, plucking up the courage to go for it. Lost the internet in last weeks storms so have just been catching up - tears are pouring! Our luck is the same - but if this doesnt boost your confidence then nothing will!!

LBA sent 4.7.06 - no response yet

Hey Blinky

You done it well done, now you've got your money in those hands of yours!!! Glad you made it over the final hurdle and it was worth all the hassle....

Are you going for anymore ????

Marilyn:p

--------------------------

HALIFAX A/C - SETTLED 4 AUG

HALIFAX CC - Data Protection Act SENT 2 AUG

15/09/06 - rec'd all statements - Eventually!! -521.81GBP

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

11/10/06 - Offer £278.10, no thanks

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - offer £521.81 - not sure yet

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

_____________________________________-

:lol: don't be like the banks - give a little back:lol:

DONATE SO THEY CAN CARRY ON HELPING PEOPLE LIKE US!

There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered!

Advice & opinions given by marilyn are personal. If in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Oh well done you! have been watching your progress from the start, plucking up the courage to go for it. Lost the internet in last weeks storms so have just been catching up - tears are pouring! Our luck is the same - but if this doesnt boost your confidence then nothing will!!

LBA sent 4.7.06 - no response yet

judy thank you very much, i must admit i was confident when i went into the branch today i thought i am not budging until they give me that money to MY SATISFACTION.

sorry to hear about your internet, and good luck to you. (you wont need it just CONFIDENCE) lol

im following your progress .

they intend to defend

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

Hey Blinky

You done it well done, now you've got your money in those hands of yours!!! Glad you made it over the final hurdle and it was worth all the hassle....

Are you going for anymore ????

hi marilyn thank you and yesssssss i done it

oh yes well worth the hassle

especially when she was counting out the £400 odd tee hee

and yes it was lovely to have it in my hands

ive got a £28 charge and £38.68 debit interest, after the claim was settled,I shall be writing again. teeheee

roll on!!!!!!!!!

they intend to defend

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

Blinky

Have a question for you....when you put in the claim with court how did you calculate the daily interest and when does it start from...its just that lm having a few nightmares about that bit, lve got the fact that you put the 8% on at that stage but lve also read about daily interest and am a little worried, well a lot actually, its kept me awake a couple of nights!!!

so any help you can give me, now that you've been through it would be greatly appreciated.

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

Advice & opinions given by marilyn are personal. If in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Barracad

So is that the daily interest that lve read about, the 8% from the spreadsheet?

Sorry if lm being thick just want to get it right now that l know lm going to claim in about 10 days or so time.

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

The spreadsheet works out the 8% interest.

The daily rate is 0.00022 x your claim amount.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Blinky

Have a question for you....when you put in the claim with court how did you calculate the daily interest and when does it start from...its just that lm having a few nightmares about that bit, lve got the fact that you put the 8% on at that stage but lve also read about daily interest and am a little worried, well a lot actually, its kept me awake a couple of nights!!!

so any help you can give me, now that you've been through it would be greatly appreciated.

oops i didnt put the daily interest in. just the 8% and im sure now that that was wrong because when i do the 8% interest on the cag calculator it was much more than on the spreadsheet.

either im thick but the daily rate only worked to about pennies so didnt think it was worth it.

i may have been doing it wrong

sorry i cant help but barracad kindly has

they intend to defend

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

:mad: oh what a surprise!!!

halifax have declined me a basic bank account mmmmmm wonder why!!!

oh and my application does not pass the qualifying tests that we use.

oh and that would be WHAT exactly!!

and........... signed by garry r d kettle

if you lovely people know of a somewhat GOOD reply to my decline

i would be most grateful

they intend to defend

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

...Dear Mr Kettle

You can take your account and stick it where the sun doesn't shine!

Love and Kisses

Blinkyblinkyblonk ...

It don't suppose that will go down well ......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks