Redstone Mortgages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all on this forum, this is my first post. As the title of this post suggests, it is Redstone that has been causing me much grief and anger. I would be most grateful for any opinions / advice.

First off, I think I was hoodwinked into taking out this mortgage by a mortgage advisor who, after looking at my credit rating, assured me that the Redstone offer [at the time was Platform Home Loans and was taken over by Redstone about a year into the term] was 'a lender that would be sympathetic to my cause' bearing in mind my 'bad credit rating'.

Quite how bad my credit rating was at the time is unknown to me but I have never had any CCJ's, and although I had gone into arrears on my existing mortgage on occasion, these arrears were paid up. Anyway, I ended up with a quite outrageous 9.2% interest rate, which relates to a monthly interest only payment of about £840 on a loan of £104,000, which I consider to be daylight robbery.

I realise that there isn't much I can do about their gross interest rate, but I do want to claim back all charges that they have put on my account for late mortgage payments [at £50 a time] and also charges that have varied from £60 to their latest of £100 for the sending of a 'councellor visit' in which Redstone send round to my home a person who proceeds to tell me that i'm in arrears and when will I pay?! Surely this is illegal? They even charge me for putting a letter through my door when i'm out!

I have already started to implement a new mortgage now that my ERC period has passed and have been given figures nearly £300 a month cheaper on the same loan amount! I feel totally ripped off and want some justice, hence I was delighted upon finding the CAG.

Having read a lot of the threads on here, I assume that I should begin by sending Redstone a request for a list of all charges and take it from there, I have already purchased the Small Claims kit, and feel ready for action.

I was considering doing the following aswell, but would like to hear some other forum members' opinions on these first...

a/ Should I report Redstone to Watch Dog, the tabloids etc. about their outrageous fees and forced councellor charges?

b/ I have a DMP in force through the CCCS, and at present all interest charges have been stopped. If I were to claim my previous charges back from my creditors, would it be likely that they may begin charging me interest again in retalliation?

I look forward to any replies.

• 2 months later...

Hi Rommel

welcome to the forum.

Please read some of the threads in here and start athread of your own.

Rommel V Redstone.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/

Please take time to read the faq's

use the template letters.

LINKS....

FAQs....

Templates Library....

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Legallychallenged

Has anyone any news re Redstone yet? I would love to see them get their just desserts!!! Have been well and truly been duped by them but have now got details of how to pay them direct and avoid paying them by DD as they take what they want when they want. We bamboozled them into giving us an e-mail that says that as long as we stay less then 2 months in arrears then they can't touch us!! Took some doing though! To anyone out there who is having problems with them just keep bombarding them with e-mails and phone calls naming them and shaming them into admitting who they really are!! If they call us now at any time we just tell them to go away and stop bothering us - we will pay what we can when we can - they get all tounge tied (HML that is!!) - don't be afraid of them! Their so called solicitors HL Interactive are nothing more then a sham! They made so many mistakes with us that could be deemed as deliberate that they don't scare us any more! Just be switched on and read everything carefully, log all events, charges etc that they make and finally report them to FSA! One day we will fix this imbalance and make people safer and more secure in their homes especially in their time of need. This would NEVER happen in a TRUE mortgage with a TRUE mortgage company, so why should a sham SPV get away with it just to make millions! (or hopefully now lost lots! serves them right for being greedy and cashing in on peoples hopes and dreams of owning their own place - cause that is all the people are guilty of - not the falsehoods they are putting about - like saying they were a great risk anyway! They deliberatly went for the people who were self-employed, had some ccj's so they could put the blame somewhere if it all went pear shaped!! and not on their heads - but we know better!!:-x

• 5 months later...

Hello

I am new to this forum, and I am hoping that somebody can help!!!!

:confused:I am glad that some one out there understands exactly what is happening to us RIGHT NOW... Redstone removed over three thousand pounds in payments from my bank account in payments they said were owed, although the actual amounts varied and did not correspond to what should have been our normal monthly payment. And the monies never made it onto our mortgage account. Effectively putting us into arrears. Since then we have had another three thousand five hundred pounds "stolen" from my bank account. Although they deny this. :mad:

On the 15th September 2008 we received a letter saying payments have been found and that they are crediting this amount to the mortgage balance. Also that there was no need to attend court on the 19th September 2008 as they were not going to defend their position:D. As we had heard nothing from the court we attended court anyway. Redstone sent a BARRISTER a SOLICITOR and A LEGAL EXECUTIVE to challenge me for possession on this date. The Judge on this occassion , after allowing herself to be blinded by facts and figures that had no bearing on OUR particular case, namely missing payments. Awarded a possession order to Redstone Mortgages, under the suggestion that I could not prove that I would NOT go into arrears in the future. :confused:

They were ordered by another judge at a different hearing earlier this year, to pay us fifteen thousand pounds in costs and to recalculate the monthly payment to reflect this. They admitted that taking the court order into account. THEY owed us over four thousand pounds in overpayments. and that they would refund this. I am still waiting, but not with baited breath.

On the 17th October we returned to court to challenge the possession order, The Judge on this occassion told us that we had to "refund" the amount of seven thousand pounds to redstone, as the costs previoulsy awarded were, in his opinion, to high. The Judge gave us 28 days to pay the money and told Wragge and co, their client had 14 days to pay the four thousand some odd pounds to us. We requested a variationon the order which was denied outright. That never even made it to a court date. By this point we had just received notification of the eviction date being the 24th October 2008 at 1130. We had no choice at this point other than to request a suspension on the eviction date. The hearing was set for the 23rd October 2008, but carried over to the 24th October 2008. A friend of ours had offered to pay the money on our behalf SHOULD it be required. The Judge rejected this saying that as we had to borrow the money, we would be putting ourselves into debt, and the mortgage would not get paid in any event. He ordered the eviction date to stand. Which was an hour after we left court. We paid the money anyway, but the bailliffs were already at our home when we got back from the bank. When they rang the infamous WRAGG AND CO, they doubled the payment required, They were now asking for just over fourteen thousand pounds. I handed the phone to my partner, when they spoke to him they wanted over eighty thousand. Our original mortgage balance was only 67500.

So if you have any information or help for me, as we are now taking this case to the High Courts in London to be dealt with. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

P.S :mad:After that I cancelled my direct debit as I could not trust them to maintain the normal monthly payment. Since then I discovered the direct debit that I thought I had cancelled was still active. When I checked this with the bank they advised that ANYONE that I owe money to can FORCIBLY instruct a direct debit onto my bank account, which is exactly what redstone have done. I have no control over the direct debit and cannot cancel it, nor am I protected by the direct debit guarantee.

Edited by notreadytogiveupyet
misspell

• 7 months later...

We are being been tormented by redstone to the point my mum is seriously ill, we have paid thousands over and still they want more,We need to get together and put a stop to them, how can what they do be right.rainbow144

fight them....

It took a while but I finally have a court order, forcing Redstone ( Skipton Group) to pay out........ Deadline is tomorow........ After all the fun.... i am not holding my breath.

But if more of us fight and make enough noise, surely someone in the right place will start to take note....