3 disgusting customer services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am an 18mth contract holder with three and am tied in until june, i recently sent my phone off to them for repair where i was told it would be chargeable as the paperwork i sent with it doesnt prove i own that phone or ever purchased it. i then called three and asked to take my contract down to a lower tariff, something that i have done in the past. i have now been told that to do so i have to pay a 25pounds admin fee as i have complained about they're service. What am i supposed to do?!!!

This is an interesting one - this 'fine' for changing (downgrading) a tariff was to prevent dealers selling a top end handset on a high tariff (for 'free'), then after a few months getting them to downgrade and still benefit from the phone discount. This was unfair when a customer took the lower tariff, but then paid a higher fee for the handset.

However, you bought your phone in 2005(6)? Before this measure was adopted, so its imposition on you is unfair - the change only came in in October 2006, so you can argue this doesnl't apply to you.

As to the repair, the ownership is proved with the contract (unless you upgraded?) so it looks as though someone is being over zealous. If you are unable to use your buindled minutes as supplied by the contract, don;t lose them, ensure you receive compensation of any monetary value lost.

tried that one!!! i explained that i should be exempt because i even changed it after october with no problems with just a sigh and a "well u'll have to pay it" reply. how rude!! think i shall just cancel it and take my business elsewhere. thanks for your advice anyway, it was worth a try!

Just because you get a jobsworth who cannot think for themselves doesn't mean you won't get satisfaction elsewhere. However I agree, if their not playing fair, taking your custome elsewhere at the conclusion of your contract by voting with your wallet is an even better argument!

i am an 18mth contract holder with three and am tied in until june, i recently sent my phone off to them for repair where i was told it would be chargeable as the paperwork i sent with it doesnt prove i own that phone or ever purchased it. i then called three and asked to take my contract down to a lower tariff, something that i have done in the past. i have now been told that to do so i have to pay a 25pounds admin fee as i have complained about they're service. What am i supposed to do?!!!

2 ways around this:-

1.) You will be offered a new phone before renewal in June with various incentives. Eg; I was offered a top 2 megapixel camera phone and 15 months at 1/2 price of an 18 mth contract AND free upgrade after a year!!

(anytime 500min + 100 texts (£30) @1/2 price =£15/mth x15, +3 @£30)

2.) Pick up a cheap sim card, available from 85p (eg see Phatphones.com)

Transfer your number to it (you will receive a new number for your 3 line), then stop payments! It's amazing how attentive they will become.

Sorry - that just won't work. You cannot transfer (port) your number anywhere until you have completed your initial contract. Therefore, this action could leave the OP with a big problem, effectively giving notice that the contract is to temrinate early (to facilitate the port), and could trigger a payment to close the account.