Pixie v Halifax - ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow, what a board! Full of fantastic info and advice.

We I sent my orginal letter off to the halifax and got the standard, youre not getting anything back responce, so I sent my £10 for my statements and they arrived last night :) My postie hates me though LOL 6 yrs worth all delivered on the same day LOL. So this weekend Im going to tally up what I can claim for and work out the interest too.

Hopefully I can get the 14 day letter out on Monday :)

I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the help!

Pixie

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Keep us posted - and if you have any questions, don't be scared to ask :rolleyes:

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Spiceskull,

Could someone please just comfirm as I now have the total amount ive paid in charges over the last six years its the prelim approach for repayment letter stating that figure that i send next?

Many thanks

Pixie

It is the prelim, with the charges plus the interest charges they have made (not to be confused with interest 8% APR which comes later)

In sending this letter you are setting a timetable - stick to it, no matter what the bank might say...

Good luck.

It is the prelim, with the charges plus the interest charges they have made (not to be confused with interest 8% APR which comes later)

In sending this letter you are setting a timetable - stick to it, no matter what the bank might say...

Good luck.

Thanks so much, I will send this recorded delivery tomorrow :)

• 3 weeks later...

OK the 14 days is up and Ive just recieved a letter stating that they wont refund the money, so am I right in thinking I now send another 14 day notice letter saying that as a gestur of goodwill etc Im giving them 14 days to reconsider and that once this new date has exspired i WILL be registering my claim with the courts?

Im also going to write to Halifax visa and get 6 yrs worth of statements from them, I may as well upset Halifax 100 %

Any advice would be fantastic.

Pixie

• 2 weeks later...

Well I sent off my last letter before I register my claim at the court and today I recieved a letter back from the Halifax. They basically offered me £60 as a full and final settlement as a gesture of goodwill and if I dont contact them within the next 8 weeks they will assume I am happy - what a joke!

My 14 days runs out next week, off to court i go!

I havent ever registered anything with the courts before & I have to say Im a little worried that I wont do it properly and therefore I will be the first person to fail to win :(

Pixie

I know i sound thick which is most likely true but I dont understand how to register my claim fully? Im totally lost!

Do you mean registering with the courts?

Are you trying to do it online or are you filling out an N1?

What exactly are you stuck with?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well Ive managed to work my way through the claim form on line - my claim has been registered, so I guess I just sit back and wait now :)

I wasnt able to claim interest on my claim purly because I couldnt fit all the info onto just 24 lines!! Oh well, at least I will / should get my charges back which is a total of £722.

Thanks for everyone help, this site is amazing!!

Pixie

Could you give us the following info for LITIGATION IN PROGRESS please...

Claim ref number

Court

Amount claimed (either total or a breakdown)

Date filed.

many thanks

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...
Could you give us the following info for LITIGATION IN PROGRESS please...

Claim ref number

Court

Amount claimed (either total or a breakdown)

Date filed.

many thanks

Ive just PM'd you these details :)

I forgot to add, Ive had a letter from the courts stating that the halifax intend to defend my claim :(

What happens now? Will they cave in a day before the court date? Im starting to get a little worried.

Pixie

They have done this before and caved in just before the court hearing ........read a few threads and you will see :)

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Well I recieved a very cocky letter today saying that they are going to pay me the money that covers my bank charges and the money to cover the court fee, and it also said that I am to right a letter to the court explaining that I had settled my claim.

Now Im over the moon that they have agreed to give this money back but the tone of the letter wants me to turn around and say no i dont settle, i want this to go to court to show the world what kind of business you run!

Im am on a DMP and my account with the halifax is part of it. I have no access to this account whats so ever - 'view only' on the net. Ive checked it today and the money has already been put into my account but i cant get at it. I know I owe them money but i dont see why they should dictate how they pay me, i wanted it by cheque so that I could send the money to the cccs to be split fairly between my creditors.

If i call them tomorrow and ask for a cheque do you think they will? If they dont can i refuse to settle even though they are offering payment in full?

Dont get me wrong, im over the moon theyve paid and if at the end of the day the money pays this one debt off then thats fine, im just miffed at their tone.

Thanks

Pixie

Firstly - CONGRATULATIONS !!!

You will be hard pushed to get anything other than payment into the account, I'm afraid. The same happened with me, similar 'closed' account too.

If you go into a branch, ask what payment has been received - check that this is the same as the offer, and then withdraw the positive remaining balance.

Check that they have included your daily rate of interest from the date of claim until date of settlement - not a lot, but still yours! They have been quietly getting away with this!

If they haven't, call their legal team and tell them the case is not settled until that payment is received.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for the info, can I not agree to settle unless they pay me by cheque or would i be pushing my luck LOL What happens if you try not to settle before court?

Thanks again

Pixie

I don't think you'd be best friends with the Judge, and he may decide you had caused undue delay, possibly harming your case.

I have specifically asked in my LBA that they pay off my debit balance, close my account and send a cheque for the balance. Like yourself I am also on a DMP with CCCS, but just want shot of this debt.

I hope they agree to do this - I wonder whether I can insist on the court proceedings that they do this, as I also don't have a valid card to withdraw the funds, although I still have view only internet access.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i stud my ground and I won! I told the halifax that they could not dictate what MY money was spent on i.e their debt and only their debt and as they had put the money into an account i didnt have access to then i didnt see this case as settled and I wouldnt advise the court of this. So they lifted the hold on my account so that I could transfer the money to my new account. All funds have now been distributed between my debts :) Im a happy Pixie.

Im now just about to start the same process all over again with Halifax Visa :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks