First Trust bank Northern Ireland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes type First Trust into the search button and any claims ongoing will come up ! before you start anything read the Frequently Asked Question section that way you will know the process you have to follow and how your claim will progress and how your bank reacts to other forum members claims ! The letters you require to send are in the letter templates section ! There are currently claims going on against First Trust,Ulster Bank,Bank of Ireland and Northern Bank so you will have more than enough to get through but as i said earlier best advice is to start reading ! good luck !

• Haha 2

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

HI and Welcome. RR V First Trust: Just started my action by sending DPA request on Monday 22 Jan. I'm only learning to walk! Take encouragement in reading FAQs. There you find most answers to your questions. Answers you find apply to all claimants' banks. Alternatively seek advice on your own thread. Wish you all the luck in the world. :oops:

NEW CLAIMANTS PLEASE FIRST READ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND FORUM RULES

Link:

FAQ

ANY ADVICE OFFERED IS A PERSONAL OPINION AND IS GIVEN AS SUCH

• 2 months later...

I'm chasing "First Trust Bank" (Northern Ireland), and have just received my 6 years worth of statements.

According to the First Trust, my initial disclosure request letter got "lost", (but the £10 cheque that accompanied it had been cashed by the First Trust). After I phoned the bank and threatened to make a formal complaint to the Information Comissioners Office (https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx).

On the phone, I told the First Trust person that they had exceeded the the 40 days outlined in the DPA letter, and this phone call would be by final request on the matter. I added that I would allow for 1 more week, and if my statements didn't arrive, I would not be contactling the First Trust again, and I would lodge a complaint with the Information Comissioners Office. (I added that this can be easily lodged via the ICO's website - just to underline the fact that I could cause the First Trust a serious headache if the ICO were conduct an investigation on DPA letters getting lost by the bank).

The bank told me they would print out "all my statments that very day", and surprisingly I received them in the post the very next morning.

:D :D :D

• 2 months later...

Hello, have just joined up, i am a First Trust Bank basic current account customer, i have copied template letter for data request and would like to know is this posted to my bank at their address with £10 fee, would appreciate any advice / help, thankyou?

Hi grumpynigel,

What I done was to phone First Trust, and ask for the name of my "Account Manager". (This will be someone at you local branch who looks after your account.)

I'd recommend posting your Discosure Request by registered post to your Account Manager at your local branch. That way they can't dispute receiving your letter. Your Account Manager will forward it on to the correct personnel within First Trust. (Believe me, should it get lost, and you have your "registered post" reference number to show that it was signed for...the Information Comissioners Office (https://www.Information Commissioners Office.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx), has the power to fully investigate any abnormal behavior with Data Protection Discosure Requests mysteriousy disappearing.

ADVICE:-

Note the name of your Account Manager.

Mark your calendar when you posted this, and chase First Trust if they exceed the 40 days.

Watch your account to see when your £10 cheque has cleared.

Regards,

BantumJack

Hi,

Has anyone out there had any experience of reclaiming charges from the First Trust bank in Belfast?

Does anyone have a copy of the terms and conditions of trade from 1st trust which refer to "penalty charges" say from feb 2001.

I need this to help my case. cheers

guys -

i have had to refer first trust to the financial ombudsman, the are not playin ball - i claimed my six years fees and got a reply tellin me the fee were in line with the term and conditions.

let me know how you all get on - i have got my reply from FOS lettin me know that they have rec'd a high amount of requests so it may take a while to get a reply

good luck

• 1 year later...

I find it very heartening to see the amount of claims against FT for unfair charges. I returned back to N. Ireland in 2001 and started banking with them. I took up a professional post (£13, 000) which required me to have a car ( a good job by N.I. standards..!!)

As a means of survival I had no option but to reluctanly take out loans with them over the next number of years for the sole purpose of survival. With the benefit of hindsight, the 'cap in hand' approaches were exploited by the various customer account managers ( who can never look me in the eye when I see them on neutral ground)I've had during the past 8 yrs. I was forcefully sold insurances despite telling these individuals of my statutory sick allowances etc. Also, the charges imposed on clearing items such as standing Orders etc was costing, I think £14 a time. I was for a number of yrs accruing £100 in these charges alone on these not to mention the repayment of the personal loans and the payment protection. A vicious circle of taking ot new loans thn starts. Instead of life getting easier finacially, I was sucked in to a dark hole of debt. It made the 7yrs I studied seem an affluent time..!!

I don't mind paying my dues but with the benefit of hindsight their behaviour has been tantamount to exploitation. I will be gettin on the ball now.....!!!

Shame on FT (and the others) and its staff who are well trained in the economics of truth (I would rather scrub floors than work in such a place)

Edited by Skint John