rob2010 v halifax says hello

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Rob

I am fighting the halifax also So far I have requested my charges for the last 6 years within 40 days they have over run this so I need to send another letter.

How far have you got with yours ? What stage are you at?

Wizpeep

Hi Rob

I am fighting the halifax also So far I have requested my charges for the last 6 years within 40 days they have over run this so I need to send another letter.

How far have you got with yours ? What stage are you at?

Wizpeep

Welcome to both of you

Firstly Wizpeep have you had any information from the Halifax they do normally send the required list of charges (statements) in fact I had two lots for both accounts that I was claiming on. If not carry on with the process and send the DPA non - compliance letter - template in the library. If you have received statements then move on to the next stage of asking for YOUR money back and complete the speadsheet - schedule of charges (see below). Good luck

Rob2010 - You need to read the FAQ's and some of the threads in the Halifax section and then start your claim, I am assuming that you are claiming from the Halifax?

Anyway good luck to both of you and any questions just ask there are thousands of us to help;)

Boo

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Hi all,I've just received 6 years of current account statements with no probs at all,and I've calculated that I've paid $1,456 (THAT'S NOT DOLLARS,MY KEYBOARDS KNACKERED!)Anyway,I've prepared my letter for my money to be returned with a full list of charges,but the only thing is now is where do I send the letter to,as I'm advised not to send it to my local branch of The Halifax.Sounds a bit lame I know but can anybody help me please? Yours John

Hi all,I've just received 6 years of current account statements with no probs at all,and I've calculated that I've paid $1,456 (THAT'S NOT DOLLARS,MY KEYBOARDS KNACKERED!)Anyway,I've prepared my letter for my money to be returned with a full list of charges,but the only thing is now is where do I send the letter to,as I'm advised not to send it to my local branch of The Halifax.Sounds a bit lame I know but can anybody help me please? Yours John

Hi Johnny123, Rob2010 & Wizpeep

This thread needs to be listed under the Halifax site of the forum if I were you I would cut and paste this post and start a thread there as this is the welcome site. You will get all the addresses and contacts there also - here it is as well:

Halifax PLC

Trinity Road

HX1 2RG

There are also people on that site that can help you with problems specific to the Halifax.

Have you prepared a spreadsheet (see below) to accompany the request letter and don't forget to send all information recorded delivery.

Any further information required don't hesitate to ask but as I said use your own thread.

Good luck

Boo

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Hi - I would stick with the Trinity Road address as I understand that if your claim ends up in court, they don't, for some reason, acknowledge letters sent to a PO address. (That is what I understand, although I stand to be corrected :o if wrong!!) I sent all of my correspondence to Trinity Road. Please take a few mins to read my thread. My claim with the Halifax was resolved very quickly. Best wishes.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Is there a particular reason why you should not send the preliminary letter to your local branch? Surely they can deal with it there, or refer it higher up the food chain if they can't?

I asked for my account statements over the counter at my branch, and received them in less than a week.

Hello again everyone,I've tried looking everywhere for a spreadsheet to use to send with my letter,but to no avail.I'm not too sure what a spreadsheet is even, and what it's purpose is in this matter anyway!Isn't a handwritten list of dated charges over the past six years sufficient,bearing in mind I've read that I shouldn't even be mentioning any interest charges owing to me. Think I'm a bit confused.com.:confused:

Cheers anyway,John