Halifax Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

I sent off a letter asking them to refund charges. They sent me a reply stating that i had accepted terms and conditions blah blah.:-|

Im not sure what to do now.... any help please

ALSO

I have also had many charges from other companies such as littlewoods, Southern Pacific Mortgate company etc. Can i also claim back charges from them or is it just banks.

Thank you for any help or advice.

Lynne

Lynne

Click on this link; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Then read and read and read and read and read and read and read and read and... you get the picture;) . When your head is ready to explode and your eyes lose focus, rest for 10 minutes, then start again!

In there is the timeline of events. In this link; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

are all the letters you need to adapt to your own situation and write. Follow the above instructions until you have a complete understanding of what's going to happen.

Keep your thread here updated with your progress, there should be someone around to answer any additional queries, though being a self-help forum, it may not come immediately - a little patience is a good thing.

Hope this helps and Good Luck in your fight:)

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

• 4 months later...

Hi Westwalian.

Funny you should ask me where im up to:) . Sent in my prelim asking for £1080. Got another letter back saying NO WAY. Sent LBA. Just received a letter today offering me £270. Made it sound like they are doing me a favour. Sending letter straight off to reject it. I wont stop until i get every last penny. I have also CCAd them and not received anything since April 10th. Havent made a payment to my account. No phone calls or anything.

Just waiting for next offer.

Good luck with your claim.

Lynne

• 4 weeks later...

I only claimed £245 but it was a defauited account and they paid the full amount on LBA but into the card account - so although it reduced my debt to them, it didn't help me at all.

:pSuzi x x

A&L - WON! - £5111.05

Halifax Visa repaid nearly £300 into defaulted card account!! At least I owe them less now I guess!

Halifax card cash account started then stayed!

Lloyds for a friend started then stayed nice letter though!