• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lucycat v Halifax - WON!!

Lucycat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fantastic news - claim going in - I have copied yours MCOL exactly apart from the very last part - daily rate £0.83 bit - not sure what that was so left it off!

Congrats again!

Gonna hit submit!

10/08/06 - Prelim sent on - Here goes!!!:-o

29/08/06 - LBA sent on - more waiting!!:rolleyes:

13/09/06 - Claim Online Submitted!!

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

18/09/06 - Claim acknowledged!

19/09/06 - Claim Paid!!!!

:D;):D

"and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.87."

That part in fact :) - I assume thats fine to leave out....

10/08/06 - Prelim sent on - Here goes!!!:-o

29/08/06 - LBA sent on - more waiting!!:rolleyes:

13/09/06 - Claim Online Submitted!!

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

18/09/06 - Claim acknowledged!

19/09/06 - Claim Paid!!!!

:D;):D

Hi again - that bit refers to the daily rate of interest (worked out as your charges x 0.00022) - and that piece of text actually comes up in the pop-up box as you're filling in the MCOL form and is to be included if you're claiming interest back as well as charges.

I don't think the omission will have repercussions, although it would mean you were letting them off the hook regarding daily interest charges if they drag their heels to a settlement.

Lucy.

Lucycat vs. Halifax 13/9 - £4496.99 - WON!

Lucycat vs. MBNA (Alliance & Leicester) - 16/11 - Offer of £295 received - pursuing £575.

Lucycat vs. HSBC - 15/11 - MCOL filed - £1438 (& interest at 8% - another £392.49)

Lucycat vs. Capital One 15/11 - Offer of £136 received - pursuing £340.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage ERC - 18/10 - LBA sent - £466.32.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage Charges - 9/11 - D.P.A. Non-Compliance letter delivered.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - Loan PPI - 5/10 - Statement received.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - 20/10 - Prelim sent for £45 - returned undelivered, recipient has 'gone away'...! :o

* Lucycat vs. Carphone Warehouse - 13/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Volkswagen Finance - 9/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Barclaycard - 15/11 - S.A.R. sent out.

Congratulations!

I'll rename your thread accordingly

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

Many thanks for your support, one and all! :O)

Have got the money ordered to collect on Monday - the bloke suggested an electronic funds transfer to my account but I'd rather not give H yet another opportunity to make a hash of things!

I won't be disappearing from the site just yet though - one of the reasons I started this in the first place was because the bloke is on a CCCS plan, and having just seen over a year drop off the term of his arrangement due to this settlement, I'm keen to pursue any late charges on the other debts & see how much more I can whittle away! :O)

First up though: my step-dad's ERC for his mortgage - I'm branching out into other boards!

Thanks again for the support - I'll try to pay it forward as I get more savvy! :O)

Lucy.

Lucycat vs. MBNA (Alliance & Leicester) - 16/11 - Offer of £295 received - pursuing £575.

Lucycat vs. HSBC - 15/11 - MCOL filed - £1438 (& interest at 8% - another £392.49)

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage Charges - 9/11 - D.P.A. Non-Compliance letter delivered.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - 20/10 - Prelim sent for £45 - returned undelivered, recipient has 'gone away'...! :o

* Lucycat vs. Carphone Warehouse - 13/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Volkswagen Finance - 9/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Barclaycard - 15/11 - S.A.R. sent out.

Please post in your own thread.

Thank you.

Sorry. What I meant was that I was so inspired by this thread that I was off down town to hand my own claim in. Didn't mean to hog thread or step on anyones toes.

Well done Lucy!:oops::p

How comes it took since Feb..How long in general am I looking from the dat I send my 1st letter ?

:D :D :D :D :D

Halifax Bank Account.. Sent 1st letter, to calim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery. LBA Sent on 22.09.06, Moneyclaim form sent on 10.09.06

Halifax Visa Account.. Sent 1st letter to claim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery - Recieved a letter on 21st September to say full amount will be refunded -- £240.00-

Argos Card Account.. Pending.

Egg Card - Pending

DESPIT MY ATTEMPTS TO DONATE TO THIS SITE I DO NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED !

:D :D :D :D :D Well done lucycat who's buying the drinks this weekend you or me????????:lol:

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

With the number of people on the boards now a round is looking a bit steep - fancy going halves?? ;O)

Cheers all! :O)

Lucy.

No, they're not right, they're just hoping you'll go away!

Press on, keep to your timescale & you won't go far wrong. :O)

All the best with your claim,

Lucy.

Hey Lucycat did you get my last PM are you still racing me for that mortgage claim?lololol

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

Sharing info, offering support, pooling resources, racing to the finish line - absolutely! ;O)

Lucy.

Hi Lucycat

I am working full time and don't seem to have time to open my email and chat with all who joined the action group.

I knoew there is no excuse but I am having my bathroom refurbished and the dust is unbelievable. my 2 sosn are suffering from excema and trying hard to get rid of the dustwhen I get in from mwork. well so much for that.

Going back to my halifax problem email me the second letter to send to halifax pls

I have already received my statements from 2001to date.

All the best.icon11.gif

Have a good day!:)

God Bless and regards

:) Maria - Stirling Cl.

Hi Maria,

All links to templates and forums are in the very long message I sent you last time. If you need further advice the best way is to start your own thread, although you will certainly be advised to read through the FAQ section first, as I mentioned in my message.

Best of luck with your claim,

Lucy.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks