What is it with the Halifax? - Customer "Care"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, just a little thread whilst I'm marking my fourteen days off my calendar! :)

What IS it with the Halifax, and the attitude of their members of staff!? I'm not even specifically talking about in relation to bank charges here - just generally when you ring them up about anything. They are, in my experience, the rudest most ill mannered bunch of eejits I've ever had the misfortune to deal with! Even when you've done nothing particularly wrong, they seem to think they can talk to you like a child - and make you feel as though you've been naughty!!! I have to admit that in my experience, the bank staff face to face have been far more personable - but the telephone help people are the worst by a long way.

Needless to say, reading the successes on this board give me a lovely warm feeling; it's wonderful to see a lot of little strikes -- becoming one ENORMOUS strike -- against a company that has clearly thought they can get away with murder for far too long.

Popped into my local branch to deliver a letter and while I was waiting for them to finish talking and ask me why I was waiting I glanced around. One member of staff virtually shouting at a customer, the rest were talking to each other while a huge queue built up, when i was finally served he stomped off when I dared to ask for a reciept then virtually threw it at me. I used to work in a customer services office and I would have been sacked if I behaved as their staff seem to be encouraged to do.