SB2675 vs Halifax (started 29/04/06)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

This site has kept me rivetted to my PC all day today (when I should have been gardening!). What a fantastic thing you guys are doing in helping us to get that refund we all desire from our woderful banks! Having read through, it seems it's not just the Halifax who do such things!

I started my own business in January and as my direct debits were set up on the date of my old payday, and I had rather more to think about that month than that, I was charged nearly £500 in January alone. At the time, I complained bitterly but to no avail and was even threatened court action if I didn't pay back those charges plus my full overdraft- if only this had been going back then eh?

But it seems all is not lost!

I sent my request for charge information (is that a DPA?!) today as soon as my friend told me about the site so fingers crossed I can find out what the total is over the years and hopefully get reimbursed.

Wish me luck!

Will keep you informed of how this goes

SB

Good luck bud......you are amongst folks that wanna help, as i realised a few weeks ago......so you aint gonna be going this alone.....they have an excellent bunch of guys and gals running this site,worth there weight in gold :wink:

Scotia

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

Clydesdale Bank - Credit Card - Sent Data Protection Act - Awaiting statements

Clydesdale Bank - Current Account - Awaiting statements

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting...

I called today to chase up my statement request and also to see if the letter had been received and the £10 cheque had been cashed.

The agent read out the details on her system to me, but don't think she realised what she was saying. Basically, there is no record of the letter or cheque being received, but from the one call to the main Halifax number last Monday to request statements, a whole string of events have occurred at Halifax HQ e.g. "expected claim request for charges and fees" note added! How interesting! Something is obviously now in their system that is picking up these requests so may mean they are getting more time to file a defence???

Bit scared now to be honest!

Anyway, the agent advised a letter had been sent to me dated the 5th May (yet to receive) that stated that there woudl be a £5 charge for this request and to call the main number (the one I had just called!) to set this up.

I decided to get the ball rolling and re-request the statements (if they cash the cheque then I have proof they received the first letter). The statements should take 7-10days to arrive.

We'll see shall we??

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks