Solidworks Licensing people at it again - CJCH letter

Hey there,

never posted here but found you guys

I received a threatening letter to the registered address of my business from CJCH falsely claiming someone had been using a pirated copy of solidworks.

I've gleaned from looking about that it's been an ongoing thing for a while.

Not received any emails as of yet but that may be because the person who received it has a different name on their email than the name on their linkedIn.

Now I would entertain it but we don't touch mechanical engineering and have never used Solidworks.

Letter looks formulaic with no specifics other than publicly available names and companies house info.

Not even any of those MAC addresses or IP addresses which they seem to think mean anything.

Assuming there's nothing to worry about?

No, just ignore – but monitor and update us if any serious threats come through the post.

It will be helpful if you could redact which you have received and post it up here in PDF format. That will help others as well

Sure,

I've attached it here with the potentially (And definitely) identifiable info removed.

Doesn't even look like they replaced "Sir" with the intended recipient..

.they also gave an unrealistic response period which would indicate attempting to apply artificial pressure (FOMO 101).

Let me know if this is literally just the email they send but printed.

Possibly related but Dassault started aggressively sending spam sales emails to my email address on the turn of the year.

All I know is if we ever actually get into mechanical design etc, then i'll take Autodesk...

Untitled.pdf

• Thanks 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Solidworks Licensing people at it again - CJCH letter

nothing anyone can do 

totally ignore 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Though as much, just thought i'd share here to boost the search results! I'll keep updated if anything more happens....that's a big IF.

I'll also let you know if the TV license detecting van pops round 🤣