Scouse V Abbey

scousepie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to you all,

My Issues with Abbey.

I have been with the Abbey for 10 years and have had my ups and downs with them at first they where fine, as of late its getting beyond a joke with their over zealous chargers.

I have sent letters 1 and 2 to the head office in London and I had an offer letter back on 12/12/06 with an offer of £290 and it stated that it was their final offer and like it or lump it attitude.

I started court proceedings on the 12/12/06 and today received a letter from the court saying that they are defending the charges.

My first gut felling was panic but after I thought about it I was angry that they have taken money from our account unlawfully, its not just my money but my wife’s money as it’s a joint account.

Well I’m claiming £3000 plus 8% interest and fees for the last 6 years and I want to attend court so I can exposes them for what they realy are.

I will keep you guys posted on events.

Good luck with you fight for fair and transparent banking if there is such a thing.

D.

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Guest ian cognito

Good on ya!

I doubt you will get them to court, but at least you will get all your money back.

May I wish you merry christmas and a prosperous 2007!

I received a letter from Abbey today wanting to review my case/claim, they are saying that I have not provided any information nor my bank details.

I have sent two letters recorded delivery and provided them with all the statments with the charges on.

is this delay tactics or is this dept not talking to each other?

the odd thing is there is no name on the letter to respond to.

Do I just put the information on an Excell spreadsheet?

cheers

S.

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Guest ian cognito

Did you noy already send the spreadsheets with your letters?, if not, you need to do it now and send one copy to the vcourt (referenced with your case No) and one to the bank.

janquinny, Sorry I have just been pointed to this website as I was following the advice of another site and was unaware that I had to do this, I have put all the info on a s/sheet and will be sending it to the bank and the court tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply

SP.

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

• 2 weeks later...

Update: first I hope you all had a happy xmas and all the very best for 2007.

I sent the Scabbey my schedule of charges @ Milton Keynes office I also sent a copy to the court for my file. I will call the scabbey tomorrow to see if they have recieved my letter and schedule of charges.:)

I await thire reply::eek:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Hi,

I received a response back today from Scabbey with an offer of half the charges from 7/00 to 12/07 and do not include the charges for 10/00, now my first letter to the scabbey was dated 10/06 so I will be looking for the charges refunded from that date.

The scabbey have filed a defence with the court but would like to settle out of court, I don’t think so, I’m going for the kill and will be filling out the AQ form.

On one of the paragraphs in the letter made me laugh:

“Even if it were correct (which is not accepted) that the charges are greater than Abbey `s actual loss in dealing with your account, the charges are liquidated damages, and not penalty charges and are therefore valid pre-estimates of loss”

Just a few Q:

Can anyone tell me what are liquidated damages?

And do I reply to Scabbey rejecting their offer as they have not given me a figure ?

Or do I accept their offer but only as part payment.

Thanks for your advice in advance.:)

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

I have just found this site have a look at this item regarding Liquidated Damages.

Liquidated damages clauses are enforceable provided they are a genuine pre-estimate of loss not penalties under UK law.

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Update.

I have just sent a letter to Christine Cody Milton Keynes refusing her offer for half the charges but I will accept the offer as part payment. I have filled in the AQ form ready to be returned to court...

It will be interesting too see what the responce will be. they will want to play games, I cant believe how modern day banks can be se deceptive and take large sums of money from their customer, If more people claim the Scabbey national will have no customers left to deceive.

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Hiya Scouse,

I am just starting my claim with the Scabbey and am following your fight. All that liquidated stuff is just trying to intimidate and panic you isn't it.

Good Luck, and I will be starting my own thread tomorrow when I've got an hour to get my head together

ijwasl

X

;)

Hiya Scouse,

I am just starting my claim with the Scabbey and am following your fight. All that liquidated stuff is just trying to intimidate and panic you isn't it.

Good Luck, and I will be starting my own thread tomorrow when I've got an hour to get my head together

ijwasl

X

;)

Yes I know what you mean, Its a joke I cant believe how banks are aloud to conduct themselves like this and get away with it. Power to the people.. Sorry to go on. good luck with you claim.

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

OMG, I have spent a few hours reading thru some posts and I noticed that the ScAbbey follow a standard letter format when dealing with clams, the same as the computer generated standard letter telling you what you already know. Can’t these people think for them selves? What is this world coming too? I have had more charges levied on my account from November when I made a complaint Now I have just received two other returned Unpaid DD today because they have made me go over my limit, I CANT BELIEVE IT. Talk about keeping you down. I AM MAD. I feel another claim coming on when is it all going to end. I have just sent another letter to ScAbbey today asking for my hard earned cash back.

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

• 4 weeks later...

Iv not logged on for a bit so Im catching up with as many post as poss,

I have sent my AQ off about a month ago and have not heard a dicky bird, I supose the courts are very busy dealing with the claiment for Scabbey.

I will call the court tomorrow to find out what is going on.

wish me luck.

I have a second claim about to go off for further charges on my account, dont ya just love them.

P.S Just remember that in the land of the blind the man with one eye is king.:lol:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Update, I recieved my court date today for 25th April..

and I will be sending my LBA on the new charges for January 2007

so It looks like I will have to courts actions on the go.

Tha ScAbby have totaly ignored my request, Well they are very busy.

Bril.

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

• 1 month later...
Update, I recieved my court date today for 25th April..

and I will be sending my LBA on the new charges for January 2007

so It looks like I will have to courts actions on the go.

Tha ScAbby have totaly ignored my request, Well they are very busy.

Bril.

I sent a few emails to Inga at Scabby and I had no reply so I emailed her again to see if they wanted to do a deal on there previous offer, she sent a mail back saying she has not received the case, I sent here the details again but I have not heared a peep. what is going are they playing games ?

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

I sent here the details again but I have not heared a peep. what is going are they playing games ?

maybe someone should start an investigation as to where all our paperwork goes to within Abbey, the amount of stuff they say they have not received is unreal

• 2 weeks later...

Have I got the right form? I need to amend the POC as more charges have been appied to my account, I gave in the court bundle today and the kind lady checked on the system and judge has said I need to fill out the N244 form for amedments. is this the correct form.

If so what parts di I fill in ?

thanks for your help in advance..

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, Its seems like I have been on a long roller coaster ride and it had just come to a stop.

I recieved an email from ScAbbey today saying we will be settling in full and with interest including court charges.

My court date was 25th April two weeks before the dead line, I cant believe it!.

I would just like to say a big thank you too you all for your help and forward thinking. When I get my money back a donation will be on the way. You guys rock!

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Congratulations!

You've made it all look relatively painless! Did the email come out of the blue as a nice suprise or did you have to chase them?

Make sure that you have the money in the bank before you stop the court proceedings though!

Well done!

The mail came out of the blue.

Thank you for your comments, my advice to all members please follow through don't let them bully you or put you off, it will be worth it in the end.

thank you all.

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

• 2 weeks later...