Car Dealer sold me an unworthy used car - £50 Deposit paid by Barclaycard - section 75 claim query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I was looking for a general place to add my query, but couldn't see where to post it 🙂 The credit card in question is Barclaycard.

I'll try to keep my problem brief.
I wish to start a section 75 claim as used car dealer concerned has sold me an unroadworthy / not fit for purpose vehicle (proven independently) I have battled with the dealer for weeks.

I paid a £50 deposit for the car by Barclaycard to the used car business, (so that gives me section 75 protection in that sense)
The rest was paid for by bank transfer, BUT....

The dealer said we had to pay the bank transfer to their other business, which is their own car repair business (almost identical name to the used car business where the car was purchased)

The invoice for the car bears the used cars' business name and logo image top right of the letterhead, then on the left side, it has the repair business name and address. The Barclaycard receipt had been stapled over this by the dealer.
At the bottom of the invoice, there is a stamp, which says 'Business account details' and the bank account details where all customers are to make payment to. 
I've added a photo to explain better. 

I'm stating all of this, as it complicates the Barclaycard section 75 claim, then to muddy the waters further, when collecting the car, I paid a bank transfer from my bank account, and my daughter did the same through her bank account. 

Does this mean that Barclaycard will not cover her payment? (our mistake here, was that she didn't send me the money first)

Thank you

2023-03-05 Invoice.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to Car Dealer sold me an unworthy used car - £50 Deposit paid by Barclaycard - section 75 claim query

Welcome to the forum.

If you use your credit card to buy something, including goods or a holiday (even if you only put the deposit on your credit card), costing over £100 and up to £30,000, you’re covered by ‘section 75’ of the Consumer Credit Act.

This means the credit card company has equal responsibility (or ‘liability’) with the seller if there’s a problem with the things you’ve bought or the company you’ve bought them from fails.

You don’t need to pay the full price by credit card to get section 75 protection. It’s enough to just pay the deposit to get you the legal protection.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you Andy.

I've read about this (and the relevant act, with as much as I can decipher through the legalese 🙂)

Having two different addresses on the invoice, makes the Barclaycard form filling difficult. The car was collected from one business and paid for to another.

The issue of a part payment coming my from my daughters' bank account (which was for two thirds of the whole payment) is quite a worry. Barclaycard has no connection with her.

That really should be irrelevant the deposit was paid from you and therefore the cards liability is for the full purchase value.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread