RBS still reporting the mortgage late, many years after bankruptcy. Holding credit hostage.

res123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings All,

I am hoping to seek crown wisdom on a longstanding issue with RBS.

I was bankrupted some time in 2017 as I was unable to keep up with debts due to severe health issues, and over my objection the Trustee handed over control of my investment flat to RBS, so RBS can dispose the asset and recover the amount owed and return any excess to the bankrupt estate. The property was occupied by a tenant. I was bankrupted under Bankruptcy Scotland Act 1985 and was discharged shortly thereafter. 

As I understand it, RBS has failed to evict the non-paying tenant or dispose the asset. Most importantly, despite my bankruptcy, RBS is reporting me late to the credit bureaus so I cannot move on with my life.

I have complained to the trustee (who appear to have washed his hands from the whole affair), and RBS has previously claimed that it has a contractual agreement with me and they will continue to report.

This can't be right, because reporting late to the bureaus appear to me to be a form of diligence or collection exercise and appear to violate the letter and spirit of the law, as bankruptcy is supposed to give the bankrupted person a chance to rebuild etc. 

I am literally held hostage to the situation.  I have worked very hard to get back on my feet, but my ability to rebuild credit etc to avail myself of better opportunities is being hammered by this late reporting. 

Any thoughts?

Thanking you all in advance.

Make a complaint. Go to the FOS. Or if you have complained already and reached deadlock go to the FOS immediately.  This is purely about the reporting to credit records and not other issues.

And go get legal advice from nearest law centre in Scotland about how to force RBS to take action to dispose of the asset at a fair market rate and allow you to move on. You may have to apply to Courts and it would take someone with legal training to write up the application. And of course there would be legal fees due.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread