• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Karenann v Barclays***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh my god! Good luck - I am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you!!! :):D

The only thing that worries me is if they look at your file and it says that the case has been stayed - actually let's not go there. Oh god I'm getting excited for you - let me know as soon as you hear anything.

If you don't hear by tomorrow afternoon give them another call - from a lot of the threads I have been reading they tend to say they will come back to you and sometimes you get forgotten about due to the amount of calls they are taken.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

I know thats whats on my mind - lets wait and see GOT ALL ME BITS CROSSED!!!!!!!

Will come back asap - not leaving the computer this afternoon LOL. Sitting here playing a slot machine for points - not money LMAO.

Woody xxx

Oh no, don't turn that machine off! I wish I could do the same. I don't have a pc at home, (it broke and we have not yet been able to buy a new one!) so once I finish work I won't be able to check. I don't work Tuesdays so will have to go and log on somewhere else tomorrow.

Will be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed! :)

Hiya,

Well hubby had a blow out tyre on the way home from work so had to switch the computer off to go to garage with him and guess what when I got back I had an email from my contact (will name her when it is all sorted) to say that she verified my figures and would I be happy if she emailed the letter of offer to me. Of course I've just responded and said YES i would be delighted. As its now 6.30 pm it won't arrive tonight so hopefully will receive it tomorrow morning. Am now going to post in my thread.

WOOOHOOOO

Woody xxx

First of all:

CONGRATULATIONS!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Well done you!

I am so pleased for you. Reading this thread has really cheered me up this morning. I am currently sitting here with a big grin on my face and getting some very funny looks off of my workmates!

I bet your husband has forgotten all about that blow-out now. Make sure to have a really, really good holiday and the satisfaction of knowing that you took the bank on and WON!!

Anyway, i am now thinking that perhaps I should give them a call myself. In between your many celebrations(!) could you please let me have the details of who you first contacted and did you say that you had a court date?

Enjoy spending all that lovely dosh!!

hi Karen, contact Krysta Campbell in the Litigations Dept.

Ask who is dealing with your claim and she will either connect you or get them to contact you,

Dont be put off, they are a real nice team there, very polite and professional.

Krysta Campbell

Tel: 02071164753

Fax: 01452638359

email:krysta.campbell@barclays. com

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi Karen,

Dar has beat me to it - i'm busy looking on internet for flights LOL -

Thank you for your good wishes - it was a fun day on here yesterday with Caz and Me posting and Dar and Bookie joining in and all the other peeps posting.

My initial email to Krysta was very short - just put name and account no in heading and asked if she could either let me know or put me in touch with the person dealing with my claim. I then received an email back couple of hours later from Charlotte who was dealing with the claim and called her and it went from there. I was very polite and friendly had a laugh with her and the rest you know. She will ask if you have a date I said yes and told her the date that was all. Make sure you have your up to date figures in front of you. She asked me to confirm my figures to her by email so she could check that accounts had the same figure which they did and then it continued to completion. You are in exactly the same position as I was in so ...

GOOD LUCK hun - let us know later how you get on.

xxx Woody xxx

Hi all

Thanks for your posts. I am sorry not to have posted earlier but very busy at work.

I sent an email yesterday lunchtime to Krysta but had no response so at 4.30 yesterday I tried to call. I finally got answered just after 5pm and asked to speak with whoever is dealing with my case. I was asked for my name and case no. which I supplied. I was then told that Kate Ashton was dealing with my case but she was unavailable at present it might be quicker to write to her at the Head Office address where the previous correspondence had been sent.

Now this has really got me a bit panicked - does this mean that I have done something wrong and they are not going to offer me a settlement or is just that they have a note on my file that the case has been stayed and are quite happy to leave me waiting. Woodentop contacted them on Monday and they settled with him straight away and he has been stayed with the exact some judge. Should I do anything else or just wait now.

Hi Karen

I'm a She LOL. I think you'll probably find its because Kate Ashton is really busy at the moment. From reading other posts it seems that she is dealing with quite a few on here. I was only asked if I had a court date - and then told her the date. No more. Maybe someone else can give you Kate's email address - or have you tried to call her?

Try not to worry - different staff deal with things in different ways. Stay calm it will all work out in the end.

Woody xx

I am so sorry I do know you are a she not a he following the incident with your husbands blow out!!!!:lol: Obviously not thinking straight.

Have you booked yourself a holiday yet? don't spend it all you will need to treat yourself to some new clothes as well!

I have still had no response from my email whatsoever and I sent a chaser at 10 this morning. When I called I was asked the date and the case no etc and then was told that it was Kate dealing with it and if I wanted anything I should write to her at the office as she was not available at present. They didn't even ask me to email - it just seemed a bit strange considering the responses everyone else has been getting.

I am hoping that I am not the only one that this is happening to!

Will update later.

I know its frustrating but from the way I have been reading other peoples threads that have also won this week and Kate has been their contact it seems to have taken longer - maybe thats her way of dealing with her workload. The lady I had did it all on email apart from us having to fax back the response and then back to email. Everyone has different ways of working - I'm sure she will come back to you as soon as she can - maybe as she is not available today she may not even be in the office today - who knows. Don't get despondent it will happen. I just got lucky with the person who dealt with my claim for which I am eternally grateful.

Keep the faith - looking forward to hearing from you later.

xx Woody xx

Hi Karen.

Right I have all Kates details for you as she dealt with my case, she is ok but can be a little stressy.

Right her email address is [email protected]

This is the best way of contacting her I found, she responds eventually, however i also have her direct line, which i have to say goes directly onto answer machine, and I never managed to get a response from her after phoning, you may be luckier than me though

Kate 02071164753

Good luck, hope you get through to her, and by the way she was in all day today as i spoke to her on several occasions at different times, so this proves you can not trust what they say

Let me know if i can help some more

Caz:p

Thanks alot Caz. I will email her today and keep my fingers crossed. I emailed Krysta yesterday and Wednesday and have not had a single response from her.

Will keep all updated and congratulations on your fantastic win.

Karen

Well I took the bull by the horns on Friday morning and sent another email to Kate Ashton asking her to confirm that she was dealing with my claim? Well she came back and asked me to send over my schedule of charges which I did. She then said she would get it confirmed with her accounts department and revert then. I didn't hear anything after that on Friday so (trying not to get too excited) I waited until Tuesday and asked for an update and this is the response I got:

I have a a number of cases in court this week I will have a look at your claim as soon as I get the chance thanks

So it seems that I am being fobbed off again. My case has been stayed (no reason given) until 27 June so I suppose this means that the bank have noticed this and are now basically telling me to go away until I get a date yet other people have had the same and the bank have settled straight away. I am quite sure that I have done nothing wrong because I have done everything from this site so it looks as though my next step will be trying to remove the stay.

Karen, yes they are busy and unless you catch them on a quiet moment they do generally agree to settle once your hearing is within 3 weeks.

Do not worry about the stay, phone them back on Friday, and pester them again,, keep a record of the conversations and inform them that their comment will be used in court if necessary, if you have a dictaphone even better, inform them that your conversation is being recorded.

bet you get a result then!

Thanks Dar£n. You don't think I should worry about trying to lift the Stay then.

Won't Barclays just tell me to go away if they know I don't have a court date. I just think that they have it written on my file that this case has been stayed and therefore they don't need to settle with me. One minute I was being contacted every 1/2 an hour to send over my schedules because they couldn't answer them then by Tuesday it was go away. It was the comment about going to court that got me. As far as I know they haven't got any cases going to court!! I thought she might be trying scare tactics with me.

has anyone else out there been stayed for no reason.

what they were referring to was settling claims that are DUE to go to court, they have claims that still havent been cleared that are due in court in the next couple of days, so obv they take priority.

They ARE making the effort to settle, again give them a few days and call back... if you get the same response we will handle the stay, but i dont think you will need to at this point.

Won't Barclays just tell me to go away if they know I don't have a court date. I just think that they have it written on my file that this case has been stayed and therefore they don't need to settle with me.

If you do get a response with a negative attitude, simply cut the conversation by saying,

I am attempting to settle out of court if you are not willing to do so then there is no point in this conversation continuing. This conversation will be added to my court file to prove my willingness to negotiate...

keep on top of it,

do NOT let them rule the conversation,

after all its them in the wrong not you..ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT!...

you are doing THEM a favour by LETTING them settle out of court....

Hi all

After receiving a "very busy come back later email" on Tuesday I have again this morning chased Ms Ashton. I tried calling for 1.5 hours with no luck so have sent an email. Will let you know if I hear anything but I think I am going to have to start preparing the documentation for the lifting of the stay.

Anyone have any luck on the phone lines yet today

OK well I'm afraid my patience has now run out. I am spending too long just sitting around waiting for things to happen and not being proactive enough.

I have been trying to phone Kate/Krysta since 9 o clock this morning and have only received voicemail (not sure whether it is just on constantly at the moment because they are too overrun) and sent an email at 9.30 this morning to which I have had no response.

it has now been 4.5 weeks since the Stay was issued on the court's own iniative and there is still another 4.5 weeks to run - I now need to see about getting this lifted.

I really don't understand why the Judge needs to sit on this for this amount of time before it gets passed back in his paperwork on 27 June where no doubt it will sit on his desk for another week before getting a date three months away!

I can't afford for a 9 week delay in proceedings and am just sorry I have let it drag on for another month trying to contact Barclays who have just kept me hanging.

I would be grateful if anyone could give some advice as to how I go about removing the Stay. I was given the one on Lloyds but this did not seem relevant as it seemed to relate to a stay either asked for by the bank or one ordered so that settlement could be negotiated.

This has been ordered on the courts own initiative and for a period of 9 weeks which is just totally unreasonable.

Any help gratefully received

Hi Karen, you sound really peed off now,,, understandable tho.

just a quickie, [ooh er]

who have you tried to phone?

if just Krys, try the others too, see:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html