• Tweets

• Ok I got the Parking company wrong. Sorry. The WS Witness Statement  is what you will need to complete if NPE decide to go to Court. So are you saying that when they finally got round to sending you the correct documents, they dated the new NTH the same date as the original NTH? I hope you have kept the original one and the correspondence with NPE, yourself and the ICO. So yes, please post everything up.
    • Why are you paying them anything? you are just running out the statute barred clock to infinity. Personally I'd stop paying them immediately, and ignore any further communication from them unless it's a letter of Claim.  Also have you moved since taking out the Credit card, if so you need to write to them with your current address.
    • No they must've redacted the contract, that was like that when I received it. Yes correct I was there for 90 seconds!  Yes I uploaded the whole contents of their response to my CPR31.14, which included the original PCN 
    • Hello, I have an old Capital One credit card debt under £1500 for which I've been paying £1 a month for 5+ years. I did a CCA request to Lowell and received the original signed CA plus statements from date of inception to the end of 2019. I can see from the statements that no payments were credited to the account for all of 2019. I know payments were made as they were part of my DMP with Payplan. At the time the account was with Fredrickson.  They have not provided any statements from 2020 to present and I am writing to them to request these. So I'm sure the balance they are pursuing is incorrect - can I dispute the debt amount based on this and render it unenforceable? I've trawled the forums and Google searched but can't find an answer, so apologies if it's been asked before. Any input most appreciated, thank you :-)  
    • Thank you for your comments everyone. I have spoken to Ico about recording my phone calls for my personal use and also mentioned it to a law firm they said i was ok as long as it was not shared and for my personal use. I would never share it. I can easy prove i need to record on disability grounds.. I normally make videos how i am to document my conditions and how i am affected. I have in the past obtained a phone call to doctors to reception by GDPR. Normally I have my partner with me now. The only way i found is to have a advocate with me. even with my partner with me a trainee gp seen a short video and said in front of my partner “are they voluntary or involuntary”   
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Faulty Currys ESSENTIALS - CTL55W20 Tall Fridge - Repair pending spare part for 4 months, and looking like 8 months! ** RESOLVED FRIDGE REPLACED BY CURRYS**

CJFrank
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

After 4 months of frustration I have lost it today with this Currys situation and am looking for some valued advice.

On 7th May 2021 I purchased a new fridge from Currys. Little more than 2 months later in mid-July the fridge developed a fault resulting in water leaking from the bottom and all over the kitchen floor. I immediately contacted Currys who said that as the product was more then 30 days since purchase, it was not qualifying for instant replacement anymore, so we had to go down the repair route. OK, no problem I thought. Arranged the repair and engineer came out in a few days. The engineer said he couldn't fix it because he needed a spare part. We would hear back from his company soon with a date for the delivery of said spare part and a new date to complete the repair. OK, fine I thought.

This is where the trouble really starts. We received text messages on a weekly basis throughout July from REPAIRCARE saying the part is out of stock and they will keep in constant contact with suppliers as soon as available they will get it despatched. This continued throughout July and in to August before suddenly the texts...stopped. I was patient, I understand supply chain issues in the current climate. But in September I called the repair service number for an update. "Still unavailable they said", "Due in October" they said. OK, so I continued to manually empty the filter of this fridge and mop up leaks as necessary, unhappy but still patient. 

The REPAIRCARE texts started up again following my call, and every week I received a text "your part is unavailable with an ETA of 29/10/21." This happened throughout September and October until the text I received this week. The ETA of 29/10/21 disappeared, and was replaced with "part is currently out of stock with NO ETA".

Then I called the REPAIRCARE line again and was told that the part is now not showing as available until December 2021, with a likely repair to be booked in January once Christmas is out of the way. I told them that was completely unacceptable. A repair in January (which I feel extremely unlikely anyway considering the 4 months waited and broken promises thus far) would represent a period of 8 MONTHS since reporting a fault with a brand new fridge, until it could be repaired. I told them i'm not accepting that and I want a refund or a replacement, whichever......now.

They totally understood but said it's not them I need to speak to for a refund or replacement...it's Currys. SO off I go on the online chat with Currys. Went through the whole thing with them 10 days ago. "Very sorry sir, I understand sir, I will escalate this to the relevant team sir, you will get an email in 24-48 hours sir". So I waited...nothing. Earlier this week I contacted them again...different agent...went through the same details all over again...."Very sorry sir, I understand sir, I will escalate this to the relevant team sir, you will get an email in 24-48 hours sir". I said no, i've already been told this once. I want to speak to a manager. "Please allow me 24 hours sir, I have escalated to the concerned team sir. You will get an email with a reference number in 2-3 hours sir".......again......nothing.

So today I lost it completely. I contacted them again on live chat , went through the motions as usual and got the same "Very sorry sir, I understand sir, I will escalate this to the relevant team sir, you will get an email in 24-48 hours sir". I said no, give me a manager. He wouldn't, assuring me that he had escalated along with the feedback of disappointment from the last 2 calls, and I would hear back within..24-48 hours. The little email button above the live chat that is supposed to mail a transcript of the chats, I selected each time has failed to email me on any occasion by the way....so this time I screenshot it.

So here I am, almost 4 months down the line from reporting the problem, stuck with a broken fridge that's leaking, with no resolve in sight.

What are my options here? It's brand new in May. It's well within warranty. Surely anyone can see that an important item like a fridge to keep food (and my boys diabetes treatment in), its not acceptable to drag out a repair / replacement for what could be, in excess of 8 months! And that's if they even deliver the part that the lead time has already drifted out on twice. There has to be some action I can take surely? All I want is a refund (so I can buy another fridge), or a replacement fridge.!

Any help appreciated

Thanks

CJFRank

Thanks Bankfodder

I have left it a long time I know. At the end of the day, life takes over, the fridge still operates albeit needs emptying of water and clearing up after a leak.

Can you please check the letter of claim text I have drafted. Not sure about the currys address to send the letter to as it was bought online with no address on the receipt?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir or Madam,

Letter of Claim

RE: Johnson/Currys - ESSENTIALS - CTL55W20 Tall Fridge – White – Order number CUR2103074726 

I purchased a ESSENTIALS - CTL55W20 Tall Fridge - White Fridge from Currys on 07/05/2021. At the point of purchase I paid £199.

The ESSENTIALS - CTL55W20 Tall Fridge - White is not of satisfactory quality. Fridge started leaking water after 2 months from date of purchase. I reported the fault to Currys on 15/07/21. Currys said it would need a repair visit. Repair engineer came out and informed us it needed a spare part and they would be in touch to advise when the part was available to complete the repair. The spare part was not available and has been pending delivery for 4 months now. The available date has been pushed out every month since. The latest date for delivery of spare part required has been pushed out again and apparently is now December 2021 which will be 6 months after reporting the fault. 

I am now asserting my rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and as the purchase was within six months, I require the fridge to be repaired. If you decline to repair it or if a repair fails then I am rejecting it and I require you to refund me or to replace it at my option.

I shall also require you to remove the fridge from my premises. 

In view of the way this has been handled by you, I'm giving you 14 days either to carry out the repair or to remove the fridge and to refund me after which I shall begin a county court action against you
to recover the replacement cost and without any further notice.

I'm also giving you notice that if the matter is not dealt with within seven days that I shall start applying a daily storage fee of £7.50 a day until the fridge is repaired or removed.  I shall be enforcing this storage fee in the County Court as well.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with Currys that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

As you are in breach of contract and I've owned the product for less than 6 years and a previous attempt at repair or replacement has also failed, I am within my statutory rights to ask for it to be repaired at no further cost to me.

Furthermore, if the matter is not resolved within the next seven days, I will start applying a storage charge of £7.50 per day until such time as Currys collect my fridge and refund it.

I await confirmation that you will provide the remedy set out above within 14 days of the date of this letter.

I look forward to your acknowledgement.

Yours faithfully

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really sure about the relevance of the SAR business. Thats to do with data protection, no? I'm unsure how that request for data they hold on me supports my case for refund / replacement?

Thanks for your support thus far.

CJFrank

Thanks a bunch, how can I make sure I send it to the right Currys address ( and email address) so they can’t dispute it was sent to the wrong address? They don’t make it clear where to send these kind of letters!

OK, so I have sent two letters recorded delivery, one to an address for Currys in London (the address at the foot of my receipt) and also a PO Box address in Sheffield they list on the website.

In terms of the email, I found [email protected] and sent the email. I received an auto response saying  "This mailbox is no longer active, please visit our contact us page for further information on how to talk to us https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/contact-us-1181-theme.html". Of course, visiting this link gives you a load of FAQ's to resolve your issue and has no email address to contact them on. They are doing there best to be uncontactable it seems.

Found another one online, [email protected]. Tried that. Haven't had an auto response from that yet so hopefully that's gone through. I think they are DSG group (trading as Currys)

Edited by CJFrank

They don’t publish email addresses anywhere officially anymore. The email addresses I have tried I have found on various forums with people who have had issues in the past. The live web chat is the only channel for complaint now, so I used that again this morning. I told them I didn’t need assistance today, I am just using this portal to register a letter of claim. I then pasted the letter in to the chat and screenshot it. The agent confirmed there is no email address for customer services to speak of so I have that logged.

The fridge is still in use because we’re old school. It works, but requires us to have it pulled 12 inches away away from the wall so we can have a makeshift pipe and Tupperware tub behind it collecting the water that leaks out of it.

Just registered for Money Claim. It's going to cost me £35 to start this ball rolling. On top of the expenses i've already incurred with sending recorded deliveries and the time i've spent drafting letters, sending emails, live chats etc. I must of spent at least 6 hours in the last couple of days already working on this. For a £200 fridge, it's just not worthit is it? And this is just the start. What if I end up having to actually attend court, time off work, time spent preparing for all that, and heaven knows what other costs i will incur further down the line pursuing this.

I might as well just wait until December and see if they eventually get the part in to fix the fridge!

Can't believe it's this difficult and costly to claim what is to me, a simple case of buying a brand new product which doesn't work and getting a refund or replacement. No wonder most people don't bother and give up. They know that don't they these big companies like Currys.

You know what would be more effective (and cheaper) is actually going through with what I said to their customer services I would do, which id drive to my nearest store, with the fridge in the back, wheel it to the front door and sit outside the store with the fridge next to me, pin a sign on it saying "I bought this brand new at Currys, it doesn't work and they won't replace or refund it". They won't want that kind of negative publicity outside their store and i'm almost positive someone would take me inside and refund / replace it immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

Update on this. I had a response from the email I sent to [email protected] informing them I would take the matter to small claims court in 14 days. I copied bbc watchdog on to the email.

All of a sudden I received some interest from Currys and a gentleman took personal charge of the situation and arranged a replacement fridge in less than a week. The old one was also collected.

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Faulty Currys ESSENTIALS - CTL55W20 Tall Fridge - Repair pending spare part for 4 months, and looking like 8 months! ** RESOLVED FRIDGE REPLACED BY CURRYS**