thereshope! v natwest ****WON****

thereshope!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

O.M.G.!!!!! :o

Got a letter from Mr Higley today basically saying dont agree the basis of my complaint,but would like to offer £2160 as goodwill gesture !!

This is the full amount of my claim without contractual interest which amounts to another £2000 on top of what they have offered.

It also states that this offer is in full and final payment and that the money will be paid into my account(so wont get to actually have the money-will just reduce my o/d)

Think the letter is pretty standard.Do I accept it as part payment and write asking for the remainder of my claim ?

Not really sure what to do,TBH it has kinda shocked me with it happening all so quick !

Was expecting a bit of a fight lol :D

Any advice guys would be great.

Thanks

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that Natwest are caving in earlier and earlier.

Up to you, hope. Depends if you are up to the fight or not. But, going on Natwests past performance, it shouldn't be too difficult.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi muggins,

It does appear to be the new way of doing things going by what i've seen on the threads today.

Looks like a few of us have had letters offering to pay out in full minus the interest.

I dont think NW should be able to get away without paying for any interest,but I would consider claiming 15.99% instead of the 29.69%.

Bit of a compromise,and we both win.

They also want to pay it into my old account that is in default,which is a shame cos I wanted to donate some of it to the site.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

You could always push for a cheque and pay it in and how you choose. If it were me I would, just out of principle and nothing at all to do with being awkward:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Can I ask for it in cheque form and just pay it into my halifax account ?

It says in the letter that the funds would be paid direct into my account,which obviously reduces my debt to them,but doesnt help my lack of cash in hand lol !!! :grin:

Do you know of anyone else that has managed to do this ?

Starting to get a bit excited :D :D :D

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

They may be opting for this method due to the fact that your account is in default status. But, in my opinion, it is the money that you are owed, and it is down to you to make suitable arrangements to pay off your debt with them, is it not?

I haven't read any other threads who've had a default, no, but it can't hurt to ask, surely:)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

one question did you claim contractual interest in you l.b.a

if nt you have to accept,

I won £5289 heres how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/40703-saint-luco-natwest.html

ITS NOT WHETHER YOU WON OR LOST, BUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME THAT MATTERS. ( OBVIOUSLY A LOSER THEN):D :D :D

News to me, st.luco, why?

Apart from the reasoning behind the fact that the judge would look at this favourably if Hope was to clear the default debt, how does this have any other bearing?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

just read in another thread you ask for £2000 they offer £2000 thats what you get claim over

I won £5289 heres how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/40703-saint-luco-natwest.html

ITS NOT WHETHER YOU WON OR LOST, BUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME THAT MATTERS. ( OBVIOUSLY A LOSER THEN):D :D :D

No, no, you misunderstood:)

Hope is asking whether it's okay to ask NatWest to refund her charges via cheque and not direct into her defaulted account as they have requested.

On a seperate note, have you checked your pm lately?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

well you lot shouldnt be so quick offering advice, my typing speed is 3 words per minute

I won £5289 heres how

sos:p

Will try and slow down alittle!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

No problemo !!!

I did claim for contractual interest at pre-lim and L.B.A stage.

Like muggins said,what I was wondering, was if I could get payment by cheque cos my account is subject to a CCJ (NW wouldnt accept my payment plan.)

It would be wonderful to actually 'see'the money rather than it get eaten up by my NW debt.

I want to be able to donate to this site and wont be able to if I dont get any actual cash.:mad:

If you know what I mean....

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Firstly well done hope!! :D

Like you I have been made an offer end of last week, which was the full amount minue the 8%, Also like I asked that I not to be paid into default account however despite having a good go at them, they refused to bend.

:-D Whilst I agree with Muggins its your money the reality is (in my experince anyway) that they just keep going in circles citing the fact that you still owe on your account. And the truth is you do. Just pay it and tell them adios.

I think that they have decided to pay out more readily to those who owe them money as an attempt to claw back what they can once again though GOOD ON YER....:-D :grin:

4th Dec 2006 : Posted S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) :o

18th Dec 2006 ; Received Statements :)

28th Dec 2006 ; Posted prelim letter (£3351.00) :rolleyes:

11th Jan 2007 : Reply, still investigating :x

16th Jan 2007 : Posted LBA (£3331.00/£556.00) :-(

31st Jan 2007 : Bank make offer of £3331.00 :D

Hi cheddar,

I have looked around the site and cant find anyone in the same boat as me.

Maybe i'm not looking in the right place.Not very good with posting in right place/checking as bit of a newbie ?

How pathetic do I sound ?. Sorry.

Feel like giving up before ive even started which must sound really sad to you.

Thought I'd just take you back in time!!!!! :D

Now tell me do you think you should take there offer :cool:

• Haha 1

Firstly well done hope!! :D

Like you I have been made an offer end of last week, which was the full amount minue the 8%, Also like I asked that I not to be paid into default account however despite having a good go at them, they refused to bend.

:-D Whilst I agree with Muggins its your money the reality is (in my experince anyway) that they just keep going in circles citing the fact that you still owe on your account. And the truth is you do. Just pay it and tell them adios.

I think that they have decided to pay out more readily to those who owe them money as an attempt to claw back what they can once again though GOOD ON YER....:-D :grin:

I am in the same boat, although with rather alot of communicating through the collection dept, and with the CAB backing me up, I have been able to avert them from defaulting the three accounts.

I think it might be worth reminding them that you are prepared to go the whole hog and see them in court. See if that ruffles their feathers!!! However, I am concerned that the judge may not look upon this as being fair and reasonable on your part. Although, I beg to differ with that, especially as they are trying to settle without paying you back your interest.

The choice is yours. Is the price right?:)

• Haha 1

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Its really difficult cos I know what I want to do-hold out for what they owe me.

NW were awful when I was having problems,and they just compounded all the grief and trouble by adding charge upon charge.

I cant help but wonder what my situation would be regarding my amount of debt,if NW had agreed to stop adding charges.

For sure I wouldnt owe them over £7000 on my O/D ,it would have been £3150 possibly alot less with regular monthly payments to reduce the debt.

It just makes me so mad when I think about it. :-x

Im just trying to look at the bigger picture,and when I do ,it makes me realise that if NW had't 'forced' me to consolidate my debt in the past, way back from 1992 then I would probly be in a much better position now.

To hell with it !

All or nothing.

In for a penny,in for a pound.

I want the charges and I want interest at 15%.

So NW do your worse.

I'll see you in court. :o

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

You go girl!!! Fighting Spirit, love it:D

I know exactly how you feel, when you are in the money they are all over you, as soon as the s**t hits the fan, then there's hell to pay, and they want to bleed you dry!!

I admire you, you have the same outlook as me. Once I've filed my court bundle will probably be right there alongside you.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Well done hopes!!

I agree that in hindsight even good news can make you become more angry!!

I felt that they put me in a similar position, except it was extra borrowing on mortage. I took a big chunck from my (our) equity paid of debts, but stupidly didnt 'bin' the cards completley. Subsquently I was back in s%%t street months later, but this time bigger mortages payments and less salary!! But it was great whilst it lasted!!! Like they say I spent it on wine, woman and song.... and I wasted the rest!!!

I have learnt to except that I was naive, foolish. Muggins is spot on, they are not your friends but we get sucked into it. This whole proces has enabled me to face up to my 'materlisjm' and the comfort I am getting is spreading the word, and getting others to recalim whats theres AMEN

Well done hopes!!

I agree that in hindsight even good news can make you become more angry!!

I felt that they put me in a similar position, except it was extra borrowing on mortage. I took a big chunck from my (our) equity paid of debts, but stupidly didnt 'bin' the cards completley. Subsquently I was back in s%%t street months later, but this time bigger mortages payments and less salary!! But it was great whilst it lasted!!! Like they say I spent it on wine, woman and song.... and I wasted the rest!!!

I have learnt to except that I was naive, foolish. Muggins is spot on, they are not your friends but we get sucked into it. This whole proces has enabled me to face up to my 'materlisjm' and the comfort I am getting is spreading the word, and getting others to recalim whats theres AMEN

Here, here sillymove.

At least you've learnt your lesson, some simply bury their heads in the sand. You deserve a pat on the back:)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hey muggins and sillymove ! :)

Thanks guys .

Your posts were just what the doctor ordered.

Luv it !!!

This is just what the CAG is all about.

Heping yourself,but at the same time heping others.Thankyou .

I have been a bit sefish lately,so gonna pop into both of your threads later to see how you both doing guys.

Luv n hugs

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Hi :)

So now that i've decided the way to go,how do I do it lol !!!

Is it best to accept the offer as part payment and ask for the 15% interest to be added to the claim,or should I decline the offer on the basis that contractual interest has not been included ?

I'm sure that I read in a thread somewhere(cant remember where tho' !) that maybe its not a good idea to accept GWG payment as if it goes to court,then the bank dont have to disclose how their charges are made up cos its the interest that they are refusing to refund,not the charges.

Can anyone offer some clarification on this point please ?

Also, the judge may deem the claimant as being unreasonable if they are chasing for the contractual interest and not award it ?

I have decided to tell NW that I will accept contractual at 15% instead of my original claim in pre-lim of 29.69%,which hopefully will be seen as me being reasonable. My gesture of goodwill if you like :D

Is there a template or do I need to draft a letter ?.

I would like the money to be paid in cheque rather than paid into my defaulted account too, so will need to negotiate this point carefully methinks !!!

Any help or advice would be muchly appreciated. If possible,I would like to get letter sorted out today, as I wont get time due to work commitments in the coming week.

Thanks guys

Hope XX

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Sorry for my patience issues !!! :D

Bump , anyone ?

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

If you are offered the full amount requested and it is without further conditions, you must accept it. This applies to ANY stage of your claim but be sure that the payment includes all interest and court costs if you have started your action through the courts.

Therefore,

the std template letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.htmlis the one to use just adjust to suit ie. add in the part that as a goodwill gesture you are willing to reduce the contractual interest claimed from 29.69% to 15%. At the bottom inform them that you want your money to be paid by a cheque.

Hope this helps.

By-the-way it is good to hear that you are sticking to your guns;)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA