• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

A2Dominion - Housing Association property flooding - damning ombudsman report

https://a2dominion.co.uk/

Hi

Irrespective that you were given this property via the homelessness scheme in your area you would more than likely have signed an agreement for that property so forget about the homelessness an you then became a Tenant of that Housing Association and have the exact same rights as any other tenant of that Housing Association.

I do have compassion for you in this situation as you have been trying to get your life back in order and it as been one obsticale after another then this flooding which due to it being raw sewege has more than likely detroyed what belonging you had.

What I am going to say now you won't like to hear but with Housing Associations the contents of a Tenants property is for that individual Tenant to ensure they have proper 'Contents Insurance' for situations similar to yours and most Housing Association should advertise/let Tenants know this responsibility.

Were you ever informed of the above requirement when viewing/signing the agreement for the property by either the Housing Association/Support Worker? (if the answer is NO then bear than in mind as this is ammunition to use against them)

Now anytime you write to the Housing Association on this matter you make sure and title your letter as a 'Formal Complaint' and to keep a good paper trail of everything and ask the post office for Free Proof of Posting.

You also need to make sure that you take photographic evidence of all the damage to the property not just your own belongings.

Now as state you now need to make a Formal Complaint in writing explaining everything that and what you have been told to date and that you require the following:

1. Clarification as to how many complaints have been made in your building due to drainage issues whether it be an individual properties toilets/sinks/baths/showers/kitchen sinks/washing machine drainage etc. 
( just to clarify you ar not asking for that individual/Tenant data but the statistics of how many compliaint's on this matter)
2. Clarification as to who is responsible for the Drainage outside the building (refer to the exact blockage area outside the building) whether it is the Housing Association/Council/Water Company.
3. Copy of your Compensation Policy (not the leaflet)
4. Copy of your Complaints Policy (not the leaflet)
5. Copy of your Customer service Charter/Policy (not the leaflet)
6. Copy of your Public Liability Insurance (not the leaflet)
7. Copy of Repairs an Maintenance Policy (not the leaflet)

• Like 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

You are more than welcome to the advice as I know your situation is difficult at this time.

If you wish to post your written complaint here for me to have a wee look over it that is not a problem at all just make sure and put in it what I advised as well as what has happened.

Whoever advised you about the risk due to bacteria since this was raw sewage and flood water they are correct but even if they did get in sooner it would still have been too late if raw sewage was in the flood water those items/belongings would have been contaminated.

I assume your support worker is fully aware of your present situation as well?

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

• 2 months later...

Hi

You follow it up with another letter ensuring to get free proof of posting from the post office and you refer to your initial complaint letter and as to date you have had no response they have failed to comply with their own complaints procedure and this matter has passed the Stage 1 Time Limit and should now be treated as a Stage 2 Complaint.

Hi

They are correct about Contents Insurance I am afraid but if you were never informed of this especially since you entered this via the Homelessness Scheme you can challenge but ultimately they will just pass the buck to there public liability insurer to deal with as you can see

from there response.

The way whoever is dealing with your complaint is more than likely a ruddy housing officer put in the complaint team for that response as they really should have put that response better except they have opened it up to be challenged

Could you clarify if the incorrect email address they sent to this to was an old one you had? 

Some of there response is well lacking so lets see how to challenge it:

Dear Sir/Madam

As you as Dealing with my Formal Complaint at the Stage 1 Process of the Complaints Procedure I would expect you to have full access to your own Housing Associations Systems/Access to those responsible to give you the relevant information to respond properly to a Formal Complaint.

I was placed in this Tenancy via the Homelessness Scheme which if you investigated this complaint you should be aware of.

I find your response about damage/destroyed items that you would not be able to look into this as this happened 2 years ago but all tenants regardless of private or social housing are responsible for arranging their own contents insurance.

When was I made aware of this via the homelessness scheme on taking up this Tenancy Agreement as it should have been formally recorded on my Housing File that I was informed of this which you should have full access to?

I find the above response disgraceful as anyone taking up a Tenancy Agreement should be fully advised/informed of the benefit of taking out Contents Insurance which I was not and require clarification if any New Tenant as part of the process of taking up a New Tenancy Agreement with yourself is made fully aware/ of this?

You state multiple properties throughout the are were affected by sewage flood on the same day and the issue will have stemmed from the mains, which is not our responsibility.

I find the above statement far reaching as you have blamed the mains without providing any evidence this was the case to therefore state not your responsibility. So I required evidence from yourself of the statement that it was the Mains that was responsible for this sewage flooding?

Your response about how many complaints have been made by residents in relation to this issue is that your systems does not allow you to find that information is why?

Then to state you are under no obligation to share that information so you are therefore not being Open and Accountable nor have you stated as you should be fully aware that I can make this request under The Freedom of Information Act so why have you failed to inform me as a Service User of that and what is your process for making such a request under that Act?

Why does someone dealing with such a Formal Complaint not have access to my Tenancy Agreement as you should to deal with this complaint that you have had to ask the Housing Officer to provide this to myself, so how could you actually check my Tenancy Agreement that I signed or my Housing File to deal with this Complaint?

Hi

Please DO NOT send post#10 to Housing Association as may need amended once you up date your thread.

Now with the Original Email showed they spelled your name wrong in the Email Address Tut Tut Tut.

They may class this as Human Error but in fact that error with your Email Address is not Human Error but Maladministration (remember that for future if any lot try to use Human Error as an excuse) it is not it is Maladministration as the individual sending that email with all your Data should have checked the Email Address was correct before hitting SEND it is that simple.

Also if with that simple error you are unaware is someone on the internet may actually have that email address they sent that email to in error with your Data therefore your Data may be in the hands of an unknown individual due to there Maladministration which is a Data Protection Breach

Please wait as mention will need to amend Post#10 adding this into it as you have the evidence to back this up.

Could I ask which Housing Association this is? (please tell me it isn't Hanover Housing Association just my guess)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Send this to them:

Dear Sir/Madam

Formal Complaint

Reference:            (insert their complaint reference number here)

Thank you for your response letter dated XX/XX/2021 which I received by email on XX/XX/2021 that contained your Original Email sent that showed due to your Maladministration that you had sent the Original Email containing my Personal Data to an incorrect email address due to spelling errors in the email address.

a)      Due to this Maladministration of this email being sent to the incorrect email address this email contained my Personal Data which is a Data Protection Breach therefore I require clarification from yourselves that this Breach has been reported to your Data Protection Officer and what action is being taken to ensure that my Personal Data contained in that Original Email has not been read by the recipient that you sent that email to with the incorrect email address.

As the email was sent by yourselves to my correct email address containing the original email showing the incorrect email address was due to spelling errors (maladministration) your IT Department will be able to obtain those emails sent.

If I do not get a satisfactory response that this has been dealt with by your Data Protection Officer, I will report this Data Breach to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/

b)      Due to this Maladministration I failed to receive your Stage 1 complaint response within the allocated time limit for a Stage 1 response therefore this complaint should be dealt with as a Stage 2 Complaint and if you refuse to treat this as a Stage 2 Complaint, I require Full Clarification for your refusal.

I was placed in this Tenancy via the Rough Sleepers Initiative and I find your response about damaged/destroyed items that you would not be able to look into this as this happened 2 years ago but all tenants regardless of private or social housing are responsible for arranging their own contents insurance totally unacceptable as again, I was never notified nor informed of this requirement on taking up this tenancy.

I require clarification from yourself that when a New Tenant takes up a Tenancy Agreement with yourselves why are the not informed of this requirement of Contents Insurance which you should be duty bound to inform all tenants on taking up a tenancy agreement if such a requirement and it should also be noted within that tenants Housing File which you have full access to as dealing with complaint so I require clarification as well if this is noted in my Housing File.

You state multiple properties throughout the area were affected by sewage flood on the same day and the issue will have stemmed from the mains which is not your responsibility.

a)      You have failed to take into that the above statement from yourself blaming the Mains is without any actual evidence from yourselves to back up this claim therefore I require clarification as to what actual evidence you have and to be provided with copies.

b)      You also failed to take into account that in my initial complaint letter that on 12th July 2021 basement flats 1 & 2 were flooded by sewage exacerbated by blockage in the property’s drainage. The blockage has been confirmed by two contractors after the flooding including CCR who were subcontracted by Pyramid Plus that it was the properties drainage that was blocked. Also, while I was decanted from this property, I was contacted by CCR who confirmed that the drain was blocked but they could not access manhole as it was inaccessible as it is located in a utility cupboard underneath carpet, floorboards so how could this be the Main and not your responsibility when it is within the properties boundaries.

Your response about how complaints have been made by residents in relation to this issue is that your system does not allow you to find that information is completely unacceptable as your Housing Association should be able to produce these as part of ongoing repairs and maintenance/procurement processes to present these to your Board for there yearly Budget meeting if not why not.

Then you state you are under no obligation to share that information; therefore, your organisation is not being Open and Accountable to your Service Users and under which Article of the General Data Protection Act (GDPR) are you using for this refusal.

You have also failed to mention that I can make that above request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) and what is your process for such a request again not being Open and Accountable.

I await your response.

No Problem keep us updated

Something to add to the letter that I completely forgot about is:

You also require to know how they are going to compensate you for you energy provider bills while being decanted as irrespective that I may not be using any energy due to being decanted from the property this make no difference to the energy provider as their is always a Service Charge for the Meters which I am responsible for in the Bill to my Energy Provider.

(you may not be aware of this but all Energy Providers do charge for the Meters within your energy bills)

With the Data Protection Breach I expect them to try the fob off  excuse that it was 'Human Error' , they can use that excuse all they want it was in fact Maladministration by the Complaints Team staff member that sent that email to the incorrect address due to spelling error with your Personal Data.

For them to blame the Mains without providing you with any evidence is them hoping that you will accept that excuse from them and go away, ah not where is that evidence to back that claim up especially when CCR have been out and twice said it is the drain within the properties boundaries that are blocked. (note any drain blockage within the properties boundaries is their responsibility not the Water Companies)

The Drain within the property that is inaccessible due to its location in a utility cupboard under carpet/floorboards if you are able to make sure and take a photograph of its location within the property if you have not already done so. (that is only if it is safe to do so due to the sewage)

Look after yourself and take care during this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks for the update and as I expected they have used in respect to the Data Protection Breach it was a spelling mistake (wrong it was Maladministration by their staff member who sent that email) next they state it was not delivered (so where is that actual proof from them it was not delivered).

Whoever sent that email to you is still trying to do the oh write anything so they think we are right and they are wrong (i.e. you) in the hope you go away. 

I could have written that email to you just to make you believe by the wording that the Housing Association is right and you are wrong so go away case closed.

Ah nope not one bit of evidence/proof to back up anything that staff member has stated in that email.

So you respond to that email with the following:

Dear Sir/Madam (delete and insert staff members name)

Complaint Reference: (insert reference number)

Thank you for you email dated XX/XX/2021

In your email you state:

As part of our on-going quality checks and our commitment to providing the best customer experience

So far to date and from your own email I have received neither of these above checks nor commitment to best customer service and then you state:

Please note that there was no data protection breach when the original response was sent. There was a spelling mistake which meant the email was not delivered at all so it was not received by anybody else.

I am afraid I cannot and will not except the above as a valid response to my Data Protection Breach Complaint for the following reasons:

a)    This was not just a spelling mistake/human error it was Maladministration by your staff member that sent that email as they should have proof checked that email address before sending it when dealing with a Formal Complaint

b)    You say the email was not delivered so not received by anybody else except you have neglected to provided evidence/proof to back up that statement. Therefore, I required evidence/proof to be provided to myself to back up this statement. You should already have seen this from your own IT Department and be able to provide this as their will be a data trail on your IT System.

c)     As this is still a potential/is a Data Protection Breach you have still failed to inform me if this have been passed to your Data Protection Officer and for their details as that initial email I will state again contained my Personal Data and your response with the above statement to date I cannot accept.

I would like the above added to my already on going Formal Complaint that you have responded to.

Hi

Now as well as my previous post about responding to that email response from them do send that to them but since they are playing game my advice now is to send them what is called a Subject Access Request (SAR) simply asking for 'ALL DATA', this simple phrase covers whatever format they hold your data in whether it be electronic, phone calls, written etc.

They then have one calendar month to respond to your SAR Request but note that time limit only starts once they have acknowledged receipt of your SAR Request.

DO NOT add this as part of your Complaint you need to make this Subject Access Request completely separate so make sure and do that as this way you will also see how they Housing Association has been dealing with you during your tenancy right down to repairs everything data wise they hold on you.

Note: A Subject Access Request is FREE under Data Protection Law

this is only a suggestion on what to send them amend to suit:

Your Full Name

Your Full Address

Their Address

Dear Sir/Madam

SUBJECT ACCES REQUEST (SAR)

Please supply all Personal Data that your Housing Association holds about me, which I am entitled receive under Data Protection Law.

My request is for ALL DATA from the start of my Tenancy to Date no matter whatever format your Housing Association may hold that Data in.

If you require any more information, please let me know as soon as possible.

(Delete as required, if relevant you can state whether you wish that data in a certain format i.e., electronic or printed out)

May I also point out that under Data Protection Law requires you to respond to a request for personal data within one calendar month.

If you do not normal deal with these request please pass this request onto your Data Protection Officer or the relevant staff member.

Yours Faithfully

(Insert your Signature)

Hi

Send the SAR to your Housing Officer.

When you type there Address in the letter i.e.

Data Protection Officer

A2 Dominion

Address

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

The main question that I need you to clarify from that response and it is important to this is did they have an Incorrect Email Address for you as they claim from that response? (this is the main reason they will not treat it as a Stage 2 Complaint if what they claim is correct which they would be right in stating)

If you reported this via there online portal then you would need to sign into there website to do so as I do with my own Housing Association and can update my online personal detail. Was your email address correct? (find it strange as when you done this you got an email response when you reported issues)

Just need to be clear before I respond further to that response from them.

Did you notice the admission they made in that response about the flooding ' I do appreciate that there was a blockage in your drain which exacerbated the issue within your property'.

Hi

Just to be clear from your last post you can clearly state your Email Address was correct and they were fully aware of it from all your emails and correspondence to the Housing Association even previous to this issue and your email address has not changed at all?

Thank for that just need to be clear.

Just for info they may have stated they have closed the complaint but does not stop you challenging that response which as I expected they did not fully answer what was asked but only answered what they wanted.

Out of interest this person that responded do they have a title i.e. Housing Officer, Complaints Manager etc.

Leave this with me and I will get back to you on a response to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

As promised here is a response I have put together for you please fully amend as required

Dear XXXXXXXXXX

Complaint Reference: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Further to your correspondence on XX/XX/2021 I find your response unacceptable for the following reasons:

You felt there was a data breach due to maladministration as we had the incorrect email address for you. As previously advised, the email was not sent to another individual but was undelivered due to having the incorrect email address. I   have requested a copy of the undeliverable message from our IT team. Once this has been received, I   will forward it to you. This has not been reported to our data protection officer as there was no breach. I  did also try to contact you by telephone to get the correct email address after it was returned to us, but there was no answer

I disagree with the above for the following reasons:

a) The Housing Association that sent it to the incorrect email address 
b) The Housing Association were fully aware of my email address as you have been responding to myself at my email address even when I initially reported this and had a response from your online portal.
c) This was a potential Data Protection Breach irrespective that it was undelivered and should therefore be reported to your data protection officer.
d) You were responding to my emails at the correct email address and the as previously stated when I initially report this and got a response from your online portal to my email address, you incorrectly sent the response to an email address due to typo errors in that email address by the individual that sent. 
e) If the individual that sent that email to the incorrect email address due to typo errors was yourself then you have a Conflict of Interest in dealing with this matter as it involves yourself and someone else should be responding to that matter therefore I require clarification if it was indeed yourself that sent the email to the incorrect email address.

You feel that this should be a stage 2 as your response was out of time due to having the incorrect email address. You received the response one week after it had been originally sent, once you provided the correct email address. This would not meet the criteria for escalating to stage 2. I  had already offered compensation of £25 for the delay in responding to your complaint. My colleague that reviewed this for stage 2 has advised that an additional £25 could also be offered to compensate for the delay caused by not having the correct email address.  Please note any compensation awarded would be offset against outstanding arrears in the first instance should there be any on your account.

a) Your initial response was sent to an incorrect email address due to typo error irrespective that it was received one week later it was still out with the agreed stage 1 Time Limits therefore should be dealt with as a Stage 2 Complaint 

Contents insurance is the responsibility of the resident to arrange. You are aware when you take on your tenancy that your personal belongings are your responsibility to repair and maintain, not A2Dominions. As such, any insurance to cover these items would have to be arranged by the tenant. There is no requirement for us to advise of this. Your tenancy agreement gives a comprehensive overview of what is A2Dominion responsibility. Should you have any queries about these. you can refer to the document

a) As I was not aware of this by your staff when I took out this tenancy but you point out I was made aware therefore I would like to be provided with evidence from my housing file that I was informed of this when signing this tenancy agreement. If you cannot provide this then you cannot state that I was made aware at the time of taking up this tenancy.
b) You point out their is no requirement for you to advise of this which I find astounding for any Housing Association to state this as they should be making any new tenant fully aware that Contents Insurance is required and the reason.

I  have been informed that the flood affected many members of the community that day. There were so many people affected that a local support group was also set up. This shows that the issue was widespread, not just limited to affecting your property and also proves that the issue stemmed from a wider mains issue. I do appreciate that there was a blockage in your drain which exacerbated the issue within your property, but as advised in my stage 1 response, this was attended within our urgent call out timeframe of 24 hrs. This was then passed back to Pyramid Plus as they were unable to dear the blockage, and follow on works were arranged. We are unable to attend to issues until we know about them, and we attended as soon as this was reported to us.

a) In a previous response you blamed the mains water companies issue therefore not the Housings issue now you have changed it to a wider mains issue yet as I preciously asked to be provided with evidence again you have failed to provide that evidence.
b) The blockage which you have previously been in denial about and suddenly admitted and openly blamed the main previously you have know admitted. As this blockage I within your property boundaries and is inside internal in my property the Housing is responsible for that issue and the further damage caused.

In reference to your request for the previous reports by other residents, we would be unable to provide that information to you. We cannot discuss any reports by other residents under any circumstances

I disagree with the above for the following reason:

a) My request for how may tenants have complained about this you previously stated 'your system does not allow you to find this information' and now it is 'we cannot discuss reports made by other residents under any circumstances' I find this completely unacceptable as I did not ask this I only ask how many tenants had complaint about this issue whether it be one or ten as an example how difficult can it be as this does not breach any data protection laws and if you still insist on this approach then you can provide my with with full and I do mean full clarification as to your reason with which article and section of the data protection act you are using for your failure to comply with a reasonable request and your failure still to explain FOI.

• Like 1

Hi

I suspect and only an assumption from the individual that responded to you and the way in which that response was written I suspect that is actually the individual that sent said email to the incorrect email address and didn't like that you challenged this and their initial respnonse.

That response has not answered some of the things that were asked but then they drop themselves in it by there admission of your blocked drain exasperated why admit that in a response.

What they are trying to do is wear you down with they are right and you are wrong without still providing that evidence that you have asked for.

Just remember with them claiming the incorrect email address that you reported this via there online portal and had a response from them so how they can claim that is wrong as they obviously had your email address to respond to it even if it was an automated email response from them they still had your email address.

I hope you are keeping well and look after yourself and keep us updated with this.

You know where we are if you need any further help

Hi just a quickie

Now in reference to my Post#2 here have they actually provided you with those policies that I pointed out and importantly a copy of there Public Liability Insurance?

If they haven't

Make sure and send them a little reminder adding to the letter in Post#32 that so far they have failed to provide these and you require clarification as to their reason for this failure

Dear Sir/Madam

Complaint Reference: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Further to my recent letter about this matter Dated XX/XX/2021 I would also like to add that so far you have still failed to provide the following:

Copy of your Compensation Policy (not the leaflet)
Copy of your Complaints Policy (not the leaflet)
Copy of your Customer service Charter/Policy (not the leaflet)
Copy of your Public Liability Insurance (not the leaflet)
Copy of Repairs an Maintenance Policy (not the leaflet)

I asked for these is my letter to yourselves dated XX/XX/2021, to date you have failed to respond to this request nor is the Housing Association being Open and Accountable to it's Service Users and I require full clarification for the reason for this failure and when you are going to provide what I have requested.

If you refuse to provide these I require full clarification as to your reason with links to the relevant legislation and exactly which parts you are relying on for your refusal of my request.

Note: If they have answered this please ignore but from your responses I think they have tried to ignore this so you add this to put a rocket up their 'beep' so to speak.

You are more than welcome to the help it's what we are here for, you just look after yourself and take care 

Hi

Yup you chase up the Public Liability Insurance

Dear Sir/Madam

Complaint Reference:

In my letter dated XX/XX/2021 you have provided the other documents I requested but I also requested a copy of your Public Liability Insurance in that letter which as of the Date of this letter you have failed to provide nor given a reason for doing so therefore I take this as your failure to comply with a reasonable request for said document.

I now require full clarification as to why you have failed to provide a copy of your Public Liability Insurance.

short and sweet as usual amend to suit.

Hi

Thanks for that update.

Now whatever you do DO NOT let the Housing Association know about that keep that to yourself as it will not help your case and I think you can probably know from their the water companies response.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Then you send another Complaint letter:

Dear Sir/Madam

Complaint Reference

Formal Complaint

I to date have had no formal acknowledgment of my complaint letters dated 01/12/21 and 10/12/21 which considering this is a Formal Complaint is not only Poor Customer Service but put into question your Complaints Procedure.

I require acknowledgement of these letters and clarification why you have failed to acknowledge these letters.

If you can attach copies of the letters to the above with your proof of posting

I hope you manage to have as good a Christmas & New Year as you could due to this situation. Be Safe

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Then you do as in post#43 and add the 17th January 2022.

In the very last part you add:

Due to your complete failure to acknowledge receipt of these letter I now take this as a Breach of your Customer Care Policy and your Complaints Policy and require this matter escalated to a Stage 2 Complaint.

Again make sure to get proof of Posting

Also have a wee look at this link which is the Housing Ombudsman:

(note you need to complete the Housing Associations own Complaints Procedure before taking your Complaint to the Ombudsman) just have a good read to see how it works on their website

WWW.HOUSING-OMBUDSMAN.ORG.UK

Improving residents' lives and landlords' services through housing complaints

At present your Housing Association are not doing themselves any favours by ignoring your letters 

Hi

No Problem do keep us update on how this is proceeding and you look after yourself and be safe

Hi

leave this one with me and I will get back to you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry I haven't forgot about you I had a emergency situation to deal with.

Further to your post#49

You make another Formal Complaint

Referring to the letter you sent dated XX/XX/XXXX and that they have failed to respond within the stated time limit which they are therefore in breach of there own Complaint Procedure & Customer Care and you require full clarification for this failure and clarification of what has been asked in that letter.

I have also now been informed that the required works to the property after the flooding would now take 4 months when I was informed by your staff that if I accepted to decant from the property for the required works at the time these would only take 4 weeks.

I require clarification why I was informed that if I decant the property the required works would only take 4 weeks to now recently been told 4 months which has now added further stress and is affecting my mental health due to your actions.

The way I have been treated so far and the lack of responses to my Complaint letters is shocking as it seems you are using your Complaints Procedure to disadvantage your Service Users and in fact breach your own Complaints Procedure by your constant failure to respond/acknowledge you have received it and the Service User constantly chasing for a response. 

I now also require clarification as to what Stage my Complaints are actually being dealt with as due to your failures in this matter I will not accept they are still at Stage 1 as these should now be escalated to Stage 2/3 due to the serious nature and again your failure to comply with your own Complaints Procedure and Customer Care.

If you fail to do this then I require a 'Letter of Deadlock' in this matter so I can escalate this matter to the Housing Ombudsman.

Again sorry for delay, have not forgot you and I hope you are keeping well and take care of yourself

Hi

You refer it to the same complaint you made that they have failed to acknowledge to date and enclose a copy of that previous complaint.

Just amend what I have put in post#52 to suit what you need to send.

These are not silly questions so don't worry yourself as it is better to ask.

You take care of yourself and I know it is easy for me to say but try to not let this get to you 

Hi

That letter is fine so lets wait and see how they deal with this.

I do hope they acknowledge the letter because if the fail to do so this would only make matters worse for them not you.

You make sure and look after yourself and take care