• Tweets

• can't levy the fees then. the NOE must go to your present and correct address. no ifs or buts 
    • just to clarify matters, but once you have complained now/and asserted your rights under the act for this to be paid by 'them' FOC to you, should the vehicle again fail for anything related to the damage done by the incorrect fitting of the windscreen before you purchased then you CAN exercise your right to reject.  is the car specifically identified on the finance agreement? dx  
    • Thanks Dx    merely trying to avoid the fees added considering the circumstances.    Will ring the council tomorrow 👌
    • With 6,000 bank branches closing since 2015, Labour has announced its commitment to bringing more banking hubs to Britain's high streets.View the full article
    • you could have moved within that time in the same complex. have you this in writing - did you request a copy of the judgement CCJ AND Claimform from northants bulk?   it is NOT A FINE.....this is an extremely important point to understand no-one bar a magistrate in a magistrates criminal court can ever fine anyone for anything. Private Parking Tickets (speculative invoices) are NOT a criminal matter, merely a speculative contractual Civil matter hence they can only try a speculative monetary claim via the civil county court system (which is no more a legal powers matter than what any member of Joe Public can do). Until/unless they do raise a county court claim a CCJ and win, there are not ANY enforcement powers they can undertake other than using a DCA, whom are legally powerless and are not BAILIFFS. Penalty Charge Notices issued by local authorities etc were decriminalised years ago - meaning they no longer can progress a claim to the magistrates court to enforce, but go directly to legal enforcement via a real BAILIFF themselves. 10'000 of people waste £m's paying private parking companies because they think they are FINES...and the media do not help either. the more people read the above the less income this shark industry get. where your post said fine it now says charge dx
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Beat Debt Collection Agencies

simon4amiee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Si,

you need to edit post #1 to remove the '@' from that one - trust me, junk mail will follow if you dont!

Again, good work fella!

• Haha 1

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

icon1.gif Re: Beat Debt Collection Agencies

I will keep reviving this as I feel, so many people have their lives destroyed by these debt collection companies. I almost gave up my job and home.

If a collections agancy are asking for more than you can afford, or asking to pay an amount in full you can beat them easily.

I had arrears with the CSA of £1500, and I did owe it, and now I have had it wiped clear, don't you find it odd a company would do that. Below is a small section of the OFT guidelines. The OFT are the ones who give these collections companies the licenses, so although this is not law, the debt collection companies should follow them.

Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidelines:

Physical Psychological Harassment

2.5 Putting Pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

f. pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments, or to increase payments when they are unable to do so

I did a lot of research on this before I got started, but if you follow this rough procedure you cannot go far wrong. Firstly ensure you have sent them you complete list of outgoings and an offer of what you can afford, keep a copy. If they still say you have to pay an unafforadable amount or at worst slam a DEO on you, you should do the following:

1. Email every director and evrey contact you can get at the OFT, Trading Standards, TV, Newspaper, local MP, National MP, Eurpean Courts. (I have a lot if you need any help)

1. If a collections agency are giving you trouble on the phone, DO THIS NOW (firstly ensure that they are aware you have just purchased a'TL3 Telephone Record Interface' so from now on all your conversations will be recorded, it might be worth looking into doing this anyway. Explain to them that you have been instructed to do this by a solicitor and that you believe they are in violation of the Office of Fair Trading Guidelines under Physical Psychological Harassment 2.5 Putting Pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive, 2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows: f. pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments, or to increase payments when they are unable to do so)

2. Fax the collections agency informing them of your intent to bring their company into disrepute as they are breaching the guidelines set out by the OFT, and who you have just contacted.

3. They WILL comply within 24 hours, I know it worked, they absolutely wet themselves when they found out what I had done.

I will still never find out why the debt I actually owed was written off, my guess is they didn't want me poking my nose into their dodgy dealings.

If anyone wants any help, please feel free to email me on [edit]

Im just a regular working Joe, who wants to helps others who are in the same situation I was.

I will keep reviving this as I feel, so many people have their lives destroyed by these debt collection companies. I almost gave up my job and home.

If a collections agancy are asking for more than you can afford, or asking to pay an amount in full you can beat them easily.

I had arrears with the CSA of £1500, and I did owe it, and now I have had it wiped clear, don't you find it odd a company would do that. Below is a small section of the OFT guidelines. The OFT are the ones who give these collections companies the licenses, so although this is not law, the debt collection companies should follow them.

Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidelines:

Physical Psychological Harassment

2.5 Putting Pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

f. pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments, or to increase payments when they are unable to do so

I did a lot of research on this before I got started, but if you follow this rough procedure you cannot go far wrong. Firstly ensure you have sent them you complete list of outgoings and an offer of what you can afford, keep a copy. If they still say you have to pay an unafforadable amount or at worst slam a DEO on you, you should do the following:

1. Email every director and evrey contact you can get at the OFT, Trading Standards, TV, Newspaper, local MP, National MP, Eurpean Courts. (I have a lot if you need any help)

1. If a collections agency are giving you trouble on the phone, DO THIS NOW (firstly ensure that they are aware you have just purchased a'TL3 Telephone Record Interface' so from now on all your conversations will be recorded, it might be worth looking into doing this anyway. Explain to them that you have been instructed to do this by a solicitor and that you believe they are in violation of the Office of Fair Trading Guidelines under Physical Psychological Harassment 2.5 Putting Pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive, 2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows: f. pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments, or to increase payments when they are unable to do so)

2. Fax the collections agency informing them of your intent to bring their company into disrepute as they are breaching the guidelines set out by the OFT, and who you have just contacted.

3. They WILL comply within 24 hours, I know it worked, they absolutely wet themselves when they found out what I had done.

I will still never find out why the debt I actually owed was written off, my guess is they didn't want me poking my nose into their dodgy dealings.

If anyone wants any help, please feel free to email me on [edit]

Im just a regular working Joe, who wants to helps others who are in the same situation I was.

I have had this trouble from 1st Credit, when I phoned them in response to a letter demanding payment in full. When I pointed out that was impossible, they asked me to increase my payments by over 20 times - I then hung up on them.

If I have any more trouble from them I will try following your advice.

first my friend, a few words on a screen should not have an impact as to effect your life in a bad way, therefore I find it dificult to comprehend why you question the fact that the thread is constantly revived. I just want to help as many as possible, as I am fully aware these Debt Collection strategies to destroy people.

Hi Simon

I realise that you want everyone to know how to beat the debt collection agencies but one thing that springs to mind here is that you owed the CSA. The Child SUpport Agency!!!! That means that the money you owed was to support your children so the children would not have got the money they were entitled to because you managed to get out of it.

I am all for people working to get around the large institutions that take our money every day but to deprive children of their maintenance money isnt something that I would be proud of.

Am I wrong in thinking that your children were deprived of their money? Was it the CSA that was after you to get more money than you could afford?

I just keep thinking about your ex-wife and children. Its not the same as a large banking institution is it? Perhaps people wont agree with me!

Hi Simon

I realise that you want everyone to know how to beat the debt collection agencies but one thing that springs to mind here is that you owed the CSA. The Child SUpport Agency!!!! That means that the money you owed was to support your children so the children would not have got the money they were entitled to because you managed to get out of it.

I am all for people working to get around the large institutions that take our money every day but to deprive children of their maintenance money isnt something that I would be proud of.

Am I wrong in thinking that your children were deprived of their money? Was it the CSA that was after you to get more money than you could afford?

I just keep thinking about your ex-wife and children. Its not the same as a large banking institution is it? Perhaps people wont agree with me!

My thoughts exactly!

Hi Simon

I won't take offense as you didn't know the circumstances, yes I agree with everything you are about. A debt collections company working on behalf of the CSA contacted me saying I owed £1500 in arrears, then slammed a Deductions of Earning order on me for over a fifth of my MONTHLY salary. Even after I said I couldn't afford it, and would probably have to give up my work, and lose my home, they still wouldn't help until I involved MP's, Solicitors, Media etc etc etc.

The reason I cannot afford it is that I give a quarter of my annual salary to my sons mother direct, not going through the CSA, as they only calculated I had to pay £38 a month, which as a loving dad didn't think was enough, so my ex cancelled the claim and I have been paying her direct, on top of him coming for tea on Tuesdays, and being in my care from Friday 3.30pm right through till Sunday 19.00pm EVERY week, and EVERY statutory holiday I have. The collections company were acting like bullies, even when I told them all this, and gave them proof I pay direct. They got what they deserve. The reason the arrears existed was it took 3 years for the CSA to initially start collecting which by then it was arrears, however like I have said he is very luck to get everything he does, Even if I don't get myself things, my son ALWAYS does. DO NOT assume all dads are complete losers....

In conclusion my son receives over 750% more than the CSA initial calculations direct through me, they really don't a clue.

Hi Simon

I appreciate your reply but you did say in your initial post that you did owe the money and it was to CSA so it seemed to me that you were posting this and were proud of the fact that you got out of paying for child support. Without knowing the background I dont think my comments were too hard.

Obviously, your personal circumstances are none of my business but you can only reply to what you see in print. That is the problem with the written word on forums. YOu have to agree that it does look like you are pleased to have cheated the CSA. Now I know the background then it makes sense what you are writing. Sorry if I offended you.

Gemspan