Jump to content


Laptops Direct Refund for faulty item(Brand New) 3-5 days return procedure


JonniBravo
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi All,  I am posting this topic on the 6th day of the 3-5 day procedure. 

 

I ordered a server for my home to store all my photos, videos ect.

 

On Friday 7th I ordered a NAS  server with two 4tb Hard Drives, one refurbished, and one brand new.  I put both drives in the NAS and the server came up with a warning saying the brand new drive was failing and should be replaced immediately.  I checked online to see if there was a simple solution, put the faulty drive in both server bays to eliminate a faulty socket on the server and established the drive must have been damaged/dropped prior to me receiving it.

 

 So I called laptops direct on Sat 8th and they said because it was a weekend they were unable to help because the return has to be authorised by the tech team, so on Monday I raised a ticket and on Tuesday 9th they asked for a photo/video of the problem, I duly obliged with an image of the server screen saying clearly the drive was failing, and sent a message saying I had eliminated the possibility of the fault being with the server.   Every time they send a message it takes 24hrs to get a reply.   Later the same day a lady emailed back, she then thanked me and said she was glad I had solved the problem and closed the return.  I then had to call back and open a new support ticket and was again asked for a photo/video and I am still awaiting an email authorising its return, despite this I took it to the warehouse Wednesday and insisted they take the drive back and test it themselves.

 

Should they be doing this, I thought if an item was faulty upon arrival they had a duty to refund or replace, instead they are making me wait 3-5 days for the tech team to test the drive.  I did a simple quick test which took 3 minutes and established the drive was faulty.  The online literature states if the drive states it has bad sectors more than 2% as the server stated it had even if it can be restored to a working state you should not trust the drive and it should be returned. 

Edited by JonniBravo
More info
Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course they have a duty – but why should that stop them ignoring it?

Under the consumer rights act if a defect manifests itself within the first 30 days of the contract then you are entitled to a refund or a replacement at your option.

Write to them and tell them that you are asserting your rights under the consumer rights act and that you want a refund/replacement and you want it within seven days.

Tell them that they must arrange the replacement immediately and also the collection of the defective item.

Tell them that if they will not comply then you will sue them at the expiry of 14 days. Tell them that your claim will include a claim for interest as well as costs.

Head the letter up – Letter of Claim – and only send this if you are prepared to go through with your threat to bring a legal action.

Even if you have to issue the claim, it scarcely imaginable that they will not put their hands up and pay.

Don't muck around – but I have to say you shouldn't set such high hopes for this kind of company who are essentially – box-shifters.

Post your draft letter of claim here

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Of course they have a duty – but why should that stop them ignoring it?

Under the consumer rights act if a defect manifests itself within the first 30 days of the contract then you are entitled to a refund or a replacement at your option.

Write to them and tell them that you are asserting your rights under the consumer rights act and that you want a refund/replacement and you want it within seven days.

Tell them that they must arrange the replacement immediately and also the collection of the defective item.

Tell them that if they will not comply then you will sue them at the expiry of 14 days. Tell them that your claim will include a claim for interest as well as costs.

Head the letter up – Letter of Claim – and only send this if you are prepared to go through with your threat to bring a legal action.

Even if you have to issue the claim, it scarcely imaginable that they will not put their hands up and pay.

Don't muck around – but I have to say you shouldn't set such high hopes for this kind of company who are essentially – box-shifters.

Post your draft letter of claim here

Turns out they do not have a record of my return despite me having a receipt a manager is calling me back in the next four hours

Link to post
Share on other sites

Read our customer services guide. Record your call. You've been here a long time so I expect that you are doing that anyway.

Make lots of notes. Confirm the conversation in writing. Make sure that you have a name of the person you are speaking with.

Read our customer services guide just in case that in 12 years, you haven't done that yet

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BankFodder said:

 

 

I have been around a while I am just mot the little activist I used to be and allot has changed over the years, companies are not as quick to take responsibility as they used to be.  I called them and quoted the consumer act, they seemed willing to refund without further delay but llike I said they have nw lost my item, I wait see what the manager has to say.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When you speak to the manager – maybe you should make it clear that there is a letter of claim on its way and that you won't be waiting any longer than 14 days.

If you had a letter of claim ready, you could ask for the manager's email and email it to them directly during the conversation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JonniBravo said:

... and sent a message saying I had eliminated the possibility of the fault being with the server.   

 

I suspect telling them that was a mistake as they have misinterpreted it to mean that there was no fault with what they sold you.  Hence...

 

7 hours ago, JonniBravo said:

...  Later the same day a lady emailed back, she then thanked me and said she was glad I had solved the problem and closed the return.  ...

 

I think you've confused them.  Probably not difficult...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't get a call form the manager just a call from the lady I spoke with originally agreeing to a full refund.  Thanks for your support.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...