recovery charges - who should pay?

itsamomentintime
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

boys and girls - i have been 'lucky' enough to have my car recovered after it was stolen, with no damage (thieving **** took my keys). the vehicle recovery company have charged me £105 to recover the car, which i cannot claim on my car insurance as my excess is £350.

what can i do?

why should i have to pay, when i am the victim?

surely the costs that are involved in criminal cases are already paid, by the taxpayer?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

If your excess is £350, and the cost was only £105, you probably wont get the recovery fee paid back to you.

You could always put a claim in to the court if and when the scumbags get done for it.

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

i am going to write to the chief constable

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

well i have written to the police:

Dear sir/madam,

On XXXXXX I was unfortunate enough to have my car stolen from outside my house. The police did an excellent job of finding the car, which was recovered by VEHICLE RESCUE SERVICES LTD. I was dismayed however to learn that I would have to pay this company £105 for recovery.

It is my understanding that all aspects of crime are already paid for, out of the taxes that we all have to pay. As a result I feel I must ask for reimbursement from GMP, as I feel that I should not have had to pay to get my car back, after being a victim of crime.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

will keep you posted

post office WON 12/11/06

• 2 years later...

Hiya - can you tell me if you got a response at all? We've had 2 cars stolen from our drive and have been advised recovery charges are due - like you we have a high excess and aren't actually claiming for anything else.

Its so frustrating to have to pay for beinga victim!!