Start with a phone call?

tabac
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

New to these threads, I've just rec'd a letter form NW, and it has charged me £21 cheque misuse fee, and unpaid standing order fee £30. and lots of them!

All of these add up to over a £100 for the month. I've searched these threads and cannot see anywhere what is thought reasonable for these charges? What are they allowed to charge?

Also they have blocked my card to a limit of £50 even tho it says on the back £100 - and they did not inform me of this.

I was thinking of just ringing them first to ask (nicely) for my money back, but wondered if anyone had the correct dept and number to speak to?

Also I have so little time (and brains) to spare that I'm thinking of getting a company in to get back my money from LLoyds, has anyone used one, can you recommend one?

Thanks,

Tabac

Hi and Welcome

You would be best reading the FAQ's and the step by step guide as these are tried and tested .It is very important that you fully understand that you are taking on a multinational company with unlimited funds so you can't just jump in ,you must be fully prepared and the only way of doing that is reading .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 3 months later...

Hi

At long last ready to post the letter, but I have seen three different addresses on this site - who should I send the first letter to? ie the one where you attach your breakdown of illegal charges?

Thanks. T

Hi,

I have just sent my initial letter off with spreadsheet - and was looking around this site to see if it was 14 business days, and not to include weekends. Found the info I needed but wonderd would it be possible to add this to the relevant part in the FAQs and wherever else it appears. So every time the 14 days are mentioned it includes the words 'business days' ?

Many thanks.T

It is 14 callendar days .. but I can fully understand why you would ask :)

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

three threads merged

Can you please keep to one thread for each of your claims as this in your own interest.You will get a much more informed answer if people can see at a glance what you have done so far :)

doubts.