• Tweets

• The Letter of Claim information is not absolutely essential, but it would be useful for two reasons. Firstly, judges take a dim view of companies or individuals who rush to court without giving the other party notice and a chance to settle - the Letter of Claim.  If they didn't send it we could include this point in your defence and it would be detrimental to them. Secondly, we know Countrywide.  They are a very small cowboy company.  The are reluctant to do court, simply becasue they are very bad  at it.  Their record of beating Caggers in front of a judge is exactly 0%.  They have lost every time.  They send the Letter of Claim also to look for people who don't reply, thinking that the person might not reply to a claim form either, giving them an easy default win.  Conclusion - always best to reply to a Letter of Claim and ridicule the PPC's case.
    • Any update here? I ask as we have someone in a similar situation.
    • Thanks!  I already sent the acknowledgement as i panicked and thought today was the last day to respond.  Then i remembered this wonderful forum.  I'll follow the steps in the sticky next.
    • It's possible.  I suffer from ADHD and also anxiety and depression currently and struggle with paperwork.  I'll have a search around to see if i can find anything.  If they did send something I haven't replied.  I thought there's no way that they will pursue this because I know for a fact i didn't park in a private space and the evidence they have sent is so ridiculous.  What impact does this other paperwork have?
    • The particulars of claim doesn’t mention statement of accounts.  Should I include that in the cpr letter?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tanzarelli V's Barclaycard

TANZARELLI
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanzarelli/bill-k

Can you please help me work out compound or contractual interest. The spreadsheets do not make sense to me and I dont want to make mistakes.Would either of you email me a simple spreadsheet or guide me in the right direction. I am trying to claim nearly £500 worth of Over limit fees from Barclaycard. I have spoken direct with carl Nutall at Barclay card. It has taken them 6 months to send me my statements and have even asked me to send a £10 cheque x2 as they did not receive my first one but they were both cashed on the 5&6 September. Please help, Im not very good with figures.

Thank you so much.

Nancies

nancies,

Bill is the man for this as he helped me with my spreddie. If you send him a PM by clicking his name and scrolling to send a PM to bill-K he will i'm sure be happy to help, hes a bit of a number cruncher, aren't you bill?

HTH

Tanz

UKAviator has explained that the site is very busy and some resources are being switched off to help the server cope. (ahh, this will be why there is no list at bottom showing members and guests etc) There was a GMTV piece on today, so they are expecting a surge in users today. Some people have lost avatars, (thas why mine has dissapeared) and PM facilities.

I did send a message to the webmaster asking this question, but he's obviously to busy, as had no response.

Cheers for that bill.

Sorry T4FF - yes, this site. What other sites are there ? :D

Didn't see the TV piece - must try and catch it online sometime - not even sure if it was actually GMTV, but sometime this morning I'm told.

I wonder if, now we have 100K+ members, this site is going to need a major re-hash ?

I think you are probally right there bill, it has prob grown well over BF and Dave wildest expectations, which is good, but the last thing we want is for it to crash that could be devestating for lots of members currently in litigation and those currently starting out

Sorry to but in but I am claiming simple compound contractual interest for the first time with barclaycard. Do I enter the monthly rate or the annual rate. It just seems SO incredible with the annual.

So what's with this GMTV news item then?

Thanks, Sally

You can add the APR%, it is a lot of interest but that is only what they would have charged you. I have charges of £620 and with the APR of 27.9% the total now is over 2k. :D

Hey bill, any news on when the sites getting back to normal, it all seems really dark on here without my extra eye. I also had a new rep yeasterday and 2 today but no show when i logged in as the new rep bit is missing. Also like to see whos keeping an eye on my thread and cant get that either.

Dont like change. Took me long enough to get my head around this site. lol

Tanz

Hi all!

Still waiting for Barclaycard to get off their backsides and send reply to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

Can I just ask a quick question?? Does anyone know if there is a maximum limit that one can claim for. (don't think there is are these all in the last 6 years or are they from futher as well?) Have just calculated hubby's bank charges from the Woolwich. Let's just say, that when I picked myself up of the floor, I'd worked out that it was a 6 figure sum, the first number being a 2 (he's too ashamed to let me say exactly how much...). Are we pushing our luck claiming the entirety??? Or should we settle on, for instance the cost of his overdraft?? (no go for it all)

Also, does anyone know if the interest calculator is going to add 2007 to its drop down list?? (Not sure, I would think it should change soon))

Oh so many questions- sorry- but really would like to get going on this!

Hope someone can help!!

Have a good day!

Steph:rolleyes:

Tanz

Hi again Sallysas, no i have'nt started my own thread yet as im not too sure as to how to go about it!! Hey thanks for your help,how far along are you now?

Thats right just give it a title like craigten V's Barclaycard, if thats who your fighting with, then add your first post. If you go into the Barclays forum there is a sub forum for barclaycard so click this then do as DS states click new thread at top of this forum.

Tanz

Hey thanks for the advice, just one more thing, i want to find and print a letter to barclaycard from the 'templates library and send 'non-compliance' letter' but please can anyone tell me where to find the templates library? sorry for being dull!! -Craig

In the main forum: heres the link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Hope that helps

Tanz

Hi All

I am having the same problems with Barclaycard as received my statements 6 months after requesting them and spoke to Carl Nutall who on 3 occasions told me he was putting them in the post. They finally arrived on the 14 December and I am now claiming charges back for being over my agreed credit limit. THis all started back last year when I cancelled my dd and asked them to reinstate it for the following month which they assured me they would do and is still to be done hence my balance keeps going up although I did keep making payments. Now it is £428 over agreed credit limit. I contacted Mr Nuttall in November who agreed to set up a dd and I am paying £40 a month until 1 July. I also received a letter from them on the 10 January with the following

"We note your efforts to bring your account up to date and as a one off gesture of goodwill, we have waived the remianing arrears on your account Have you got any more detail about this, are they reffering to charges or are they wiping some of what they orginally said you owed them? If this is the case then it could mean they are refunding some of your charges so this may mean that you have to alter your claim accordingly. Did they give you an amount?. This will not reduce your outstanding balane, however, your next statement will ask for your normal minimum payment without arrears. (this seems to suggest that they are not refunding the charges though just holding off asking you for it so you can bring your account up to date)

As your balance is over the agreed credit limit, you may be contacted separately and your next minimum payment will include the over limit amount.

We hope our actions have helped you-please continue to pay in accorance with your monthly statements to keep your account in order. Your sincerely

Adrian Davies

Manager-Barclaycard

Can someone please explain what this means, does this mean they are refunding me all my late fees.

I would like to send and LBA letter and state in it that I would like to settle this before going to court. Can you advise on the wording so I can include a paragraph stating that they have paid out to other customers before going to court.

THanks for all your help with this website. Its fantastic

Any help would be appreciated.

Nancies

i'll post you a link to a thread that may be of use to you.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

CARD/ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

I now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to late fees and over limit charges, are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract, which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner, which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in interest for the sums which you have taken. Total £XXXXX

As a member of the Consumer Action Group I am aware that you have settled all similar cases before an actual court appearance, with this in mind I would hope you would you would consider settling this matter, before the need for court action, which would undoubtedly waste valuable court time.

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days, I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest, plus my costs, without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

Still on hold with this as pc playing up. Engineer supposed to be coming today but when I phoned at 11am they told me that the parts were on back order. Got to wait a few more days to get mine back up and running as cant access files due to motherboard or memory packed up. Went to pc world to try and get them to get file from pc and there was a 2 week diary backlog.

So all me stuff is in limbo. Next real deadline is LTSB AQ which should be ok if this old knackered pc doesnt totally pack up. Fingers crossed.

Will update soon

Hi there Tanz,after MUCH hassle from B'card i recieved the "as i gesture of goodwill we will send you your statements within 28 days" from Carl Nuttall,now i wrote to them with my original S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on the 5th of November,what do i do now?Just wait my 28days or is there a way of speeding things up?Pleease try and help me,all the best-Craig

Hi craig,

You have already given them over 40 days so they have not complied, you can either send a non-compliance letter see here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

then after 7 days file for non-compliance see here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

Or you could ring Adrian Whally head of Barclaycard Date Protection Unit, his mobile is 07920267281

Hope that helps.