• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Santander withholding my money - suspected fraud - **SETTLED full amount+Court Fee+Compo**

bradybunch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You will have to serve a Letter before claim first and exhaust their internal complaints procedure in line with the Pre Action Protocol before issuing a claim.

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Topic moved to Financial Legal Issues.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Letter of claim then.....

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Plenty of examples on Google and here on this forum ..use your search button.

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=Letter+of+claim+examples&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

• 3 months later...

What did you put in your Letter of Claim..please upload a redacted copy.

And the date the above was sent ?

And the date you submitted your claim with a copy of your initial particulars and a redacted copy of their defence ?

If you are at the N180 DQ stage then you must have submitted an initial POC to submit a claim.....and Santander must have submitted a defence to get it to DQ stage ...I assume you ticked you will send separate particulars...which we never advise you do.

So claim issued 21st Dec 2020.

Defence is moving to strike out your claim because your particulars were well basically pants because you didnt come back here for advice.

You can submit an amended POC...with a fee...but that's why I need to know what you have submitted already..verbatim.

You must have a copy as MCOL retains it on your dashboard.

Then why have Santander submitted a defence...if your claim issued does not state what you are suing them for ?

Claim was issued 21st Dec 2020 and now at DQ stage BF...yet BB states he has not submitted any initial particulars.

You can above that he did at .3

Alternatively...just an idea... you could proceed to submit the DQ...dont bother with an amended Particulars of Claim... and then do a particularised witness statement stating the full details of the statement of case. MCOL has accepted your initial defence......your particulars although vague and not CPR 16 compliant appear to be fully understood and accepted by the defendant.

Their defence goes into great detail as to why the account was frozen so they are fully aware of the nature of claim and why you made the claim.

Permission to submit an amended defence using N244 fee is £100 without hearing..and you become liable for the defendants costs in submitting their amended defence if required.

What are your thoughts with regards to the defendants defence points 14 onwards ? 

Its the following that concerns me.....you was making a payment of £3K not receiving ?

On 17 July 2020, the Claimant told the Bank that the Attempted Payment related to the purchase of a car. However, the payee company did not appear to have any connection to vehicle sales, but rather to financial intermediation and other businesses. Consequently, the Bank had reasonable grounds to doubt the explanation offered by the Claimant and it did not permit the Attempted Payment to be made.

If you intend to bring in extra witnesses who will confirm the transaction's...then that must be denoted on the DQ ...

D.3 Number of witnesses (including yourself)

Bear in mind that on completion and submitting of your DQ the court will then issue a Notice of Allocation (N157)...this will contain the courts directions for the next part of the process.....IE Witness statement and evidence and simultaneous exchange date. It will also confirm the hearing date and the date you must pay your hearing fee.

Also important is that each party must serve a copy of their DQ on each other...you need to check on their DQ if they intend to make any applications and for what...?

Until you receive the defendants statement ....points may change so don't get too bogged  down in responding to their initial defence contents just yet....use it as a structure...but you have a way off yet before they will serve their statement on you.

Witness statements must conform to a structure and layout as provided by the CPR (Civil Procedure Rules) I'm more in favour of the traditional layout rather than column's...but there is no fast rule which you opt for....its just easier to draft and respond to the points made by the other party.

If you refer to a document you wish to rely on then end that paragraph with (see attached exhibit xxxx) If you don't refer to it or disclose it....you cant rely on it.

Example ...this is a defendants statement ...but will give you an idea.

WITNESS STATEMENT OF Baycloves.pdf

Andy

Each party must submit their own Directions Questionnaire as directed by the court by date. Yes you file and serve a copy on the defendant by the date stated....you don't attach anything.

Dates for submitting your statement/evidence will be confirmed in the N157 Notice of Allocation....as I have stated above.

When you receive a copy of the defendants DQ.....scan /redact and post here.

Requests in a defence are irrelevant.....must be made using an application n244.

DQs have been issued so the court have disregarded.

Applications for orders under rule 3.4(2)

5.1 Attention is drawn to Part 23 (General Rules about Applications) and to Practice Direction 23A. The practice direction requires all applications to be made as soon as possible and before allocation if possible.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part03/pd_part03a

DQs have not been submitted yet...its within the defendants defence point 3. 

Guidance.....

1 witness is yourself.....whether you wish to call a further 3 (making it 4) is your choice and if what they have to offer in support of your defence is worthwhile ?

No...as I've already stated.....you don't add anything to a DQ..its simply to allocate the claim to a track and move it to your local county court.

Have a read of the following re adding witnesses.

https://www.moneyclaimsuk.co.uk/PDFForms/EX342.pdf

I would bear in mind that the mediation process is merely a tick box exercise in this instance and its not expected to resolve the matter but purely as an opportunity to get further information from the defendant and test the water if they are prepared to go all the way to to a hearing.

The mediator will not be qualified or experienced enough to mediate on the above points but rather to try to narrow any differences with view to trying to reconcile parties.

With regards to interest on the claim I would keep it to the standard section 69  8% interest which can be awarded by the the court at their discretion...you did opt for interest when you filed your claim ?

And to clarify have you checked to see if Santander have placed a Cifas Entry (sometimes referred to as a Cifas Marker) on your credit file a potential fraud warning, visible to prospective lenders. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...