gareths vs barclays

gareth12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Gareth stop panicking you sound like my grandmother..

go into the library and send the Letter Before Action (ammending the template as required)..

then pop to the pharmacist and pick up some rescue remedy..

good luck!

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lueeze

Hello, please stay on one thread if the topic is related.

Look at the Barclays section, the addresses are there

Thanks

Lou x

hi i sent my first letter to my bank where i do my banking. they never replied. what address do i send it too the 2nd letter that is. thanks

Clearly the pharmacist was all out?

Look, read the FAQs and then feel free to be a bit more explicit in your posts so we can help. What bank are you referring to? What letter have you sent? What 14 days? Have you already obtained your statements?

Then I'm assuming that you have indeed sent a preliminary letter and it is this that you say "they haven't replied to". Fine. Send the LBA letter, can't tell you which address 'cos I dunno which bank you are talking about at the mo? If it is Barclays then send it to the address I have left in the Contact Details thread for Barclays.

Please make sure you are totally familiar with what you are embarking on.. we're only being a bit parental 'cos we want to help you!

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

• 1 month later...

hi thanks, i have looked around but cannot find the letter to refuse their offer, is there one? if not what should i write? thanks for your time and help

Gareth

Here you go

[your address]

[their address]

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the [XXDATEXX].

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX.

I am enlosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the [XXDATE OF FIRST LETTERXX]

Additionally you have entered a default notice against my credit record. This default occurred merely in respect of unlawful charges levied by you or was the result of impecuniosity caused directly by the taking by you of penalty charges which you had applied unlawfully to my account.

In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above I require that you remove the default entry from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable.

I require repayment in full of this money and removal of the default notice. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus a claim under ss.7 and 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 plus my costs and without further notice.

Furthermore, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department.

Yours faithfully,

[name]

Red - if you have a default notice issue as well - which has been caused by the charges. Otherwise to not include this part.

Blue - only include this if you intend to do it. Don't make empty threats

DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR SCHEDULE OF CHARGES WITH THIS LETTER

hi thanks for the reply, i have sent that letter as the ignored my 1st one asking for it back. i have types up a letter. would you guys hae a look and tell me if its ok.

thanks

I have now received your offer, fortunately i'm going to accept this as a part payment of the money which you have taken from me, therefore I will pursue the remaining amount in court. The amount I require is £640.

I understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I will give you a further 7 days to review your offer. After which I will submit court action without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks