One Parking Solutions represented by QDR Solicitors - Damning judgement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow what a fantastic summing up of the case by a Judge. One can only hope that if any of these parking crooks take one to Court that you have Judge Harvey or someone of similar experience in the chair. The 1st of June could be a very interesting day.

Wonder if it has been brought to the attention of the DVLA?

• BankFodder changed the title to One Parking Solutions represented by QDR Solicitors - Damning judgement

It will be interesting to see how the BPA handles any questions regarding their CoP 23.1b with the Judge.

23.1b Where a Parking Charge becomes overdue and before Court Proceedings have commenced, a reasonable sum (which covers the cost of recovering debt) may be added for the debt recovery fees. This sum must not exceed £70 unless prior approval from the BPA has been granted.

I have always maintained that even at £60 [which I think the IPC used to suggest] that figure was over the top with regards to the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection  

Charging for debt collection

e. applying charges which are disproportionate to the main debt.

DDJ Harvey  10 points

BPA                   0 Points

DVLA                 0 Points

Edited by lookinforinfo

Thank you for coming on and explaining the case.

You must have been delighted with what the Judge said.

The ramifications i hope will rumble on.

I see that you will be writing to the DVLA who as ever are asleep at the wheel.

God alone knows what you can say to them to get them even into first gear.

The press are useful for one day but have the attention of a mayfly so we will be relying on bringing the case to all the Judges when our members are being taken to Court. It would be wonderful if at least one of those called in front of the Judge end up in court if even for a few days.

it would probably be a pity if it was the WS writer since I have seen a lot worse WS than hers but if it could be decided that those who write the WS must attend Court that would be a step in the right direction.

Perhaps Trading Standards and the ICO might weigh in against OCS too.

Breaching GDPR since OCS knew they had no case is one example, with a modicum of fraudulent misrepresentation thrown in.

I do hope you come back again especially to update us on the upcoming Court hearings as well as the response from the DVLA.

• Like 1

I would like to add that if the Solicitors cannot come up with genuine explanations for their dealings with regard to the alleged contract, then perhaps the SRA might become involved in investigations into yet another solicitor this year  [Gladstones being the other].

• Like 1

I too found it a very poor article-for virtually the same reasons as you Bankfodder. Perhaps the Thunderer doesn't think that its readers get parking tickets or if they do, they just pay up without question so nothing to get their readers interested.

• 2 weeks later...