redjewels vs first direct

redjewels
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have just checked online my bank charge (but only over 2 years) and boy has it addaed up, but i need help. I have been charged £37.50 for a chrge re-call, but i dont know what that is. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME????????? :confused:

I am going to send off a letter to get my statements, whish me luck:)

Hi Neil

I wrote off to First Direct on the 6th of November asking for records of my bank charges since I opened the acount in 2001. I got a letter two days later informing me that they would send them out as soon as possible. I am still waiting. I would appreciate a copy of your templates. Did they accede to your request the first time and return everything you were claiming for ? How long did the whole process take? I was hoping I would have received payment before Christmas, but I doubt that will be happening now.

Thanks

The first reply I received from FD was a rejection of my claim. They basically denied that they were in the wrong & referred me to Part 2: Operating Your Account, Clause 6.9, of their terms & conditions which basically states that if you go overdrawn, they can apply a financial penalty. Furthermore, they suggested that if I wished to persue the matter, then I should contact the Financial Services Ombudsman in a thus attempting to steer me away from Court action. I replied with a carefully worded letter before action which was met with a similar refusal with paragraphs 3, 4 & 5 seemingly cut & pasted from their first letter. However, up to that point, I had neglected to provide them with an itemised breakdown of all the charges applied to my account. Therefore, I prepared one (including a calculation of what I would be able to claim by way of interest if the matter went to court), sent it to them stating that if I did not receive a more positive reply within 14 days, I would persue the matter via a small claim action in the County Court. 10 days later I was offered a refund of all charges applied to the account in respect of my being overdrawn. They did not offer a refund of interest applied by them to the account in relation to it's overdrawn status. However, at this time of year I was minded to accept what was on the table whilst appreciating that I could have held out for the interest if I had wanted to. When sending my final letter, I did mention that HSBC had refunded the charges applied to my credit card & as they are all part of the same organisation, I suggested that to refuse to refund banking charges would, in essence, represent an inconsistant & arbitary approach which is unreasonable. Perhaps this was the determining factor, who knows. I will now be closing my account with First Direct as they appear to be intent on clawing some of this money back by applying new charges to the accounts if they dip below £1500 in the month. Outrageous. Will they never learn?

Hi R60nda,

Believe it or, I collected the statements from the DHL depot last Saturday. Wait for it ...I am claiming back nearly £4000! Think it's something like £3913, is that a record? I totalled it all last night and plan on doing the schedule of charges but I've been unable to open the spreadsheets on the Google/Vampiress website. Think I'll have to just create my own template.

Zinzan

Hi Zinzan

I'm claiming £3664.99 for 6 years worth unbelievable isn't it... did you get the spreadsheet from the library? Make sure you go through your statements again in case you have missed anything. I claimed for:

Overdrafte fee (not the arrangement fee)

excess overdraft fee

charges for any re-called or unpaid items

interest

R

Zinzan

This was the advice that I had received when I asked the question about what do we claim for and this is what I have claimed:

Just to confirm, you claim back Overdraft Fees, Excess Overdraft fees, the proportion of the debit interest charged caused by the fees, and any charges due to items being returned or unpaid - not the unpaid/returned items themselves.

Good luck with your claim.

I am claiming for two accounts, one joint, one sole. My joint account claim is £4614.00. I received a "get lost" to my LBA last Saturday and so am getting ready to complete MCOL next Thursday. I sent a prelim for my sole account of £2972.50 on 28 November so got a week or so to wait yet. In a way I hope it goes to MCOL because then I can add on the interest which is another £2k in total!

Good luck to you too! I am sending off my prelim to First Direct today and my DPA to MBNA as well. I checked the step to step instructions again last night and according to that we are not supposed to be claiming overdraft fees, excess overdraft is fine but not overdraft fees.

Zinzan, you are wrong. First Direct charge £30 each month if you go over your OD limit - they call this the Overdraft Fee.

If you subsequently increase the amount you are over (for example by further debits), then they add on Excess OD fees.

You CAN claim for both of these. Simple as. No further questions.

The Step by step instructions say you cannot claim for overdraft arrangement fees which you have agreed to for supplying a service. Did you agree each time that FD could slap on a £30 OD fee each month ?? I think not.

CLAIM IT !!!!