• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think it was the Washington Post that said earlier that a lot of the studies on covid effects and vaccination on the under 18s are from the UK and being read worldwide. So no excuse for a UK based organisation not to read them.

ETA: Has anyone spoken to people who don't want to be vaccinated? A friend of ours who's a doctor has had to stop talking to her grandchildren about it because they only want to believe what they read on social media, stuff like Bill Gates wanting to track them or being turned magnetic.

I spoke to a friend who's 30-ish and she thinks it will stop her having children if she's vaxxed.

Illegitimi non carborundum

ICYMI, pranksters film Piers Corbyn appearing to accept £10k not to criticise A/Z vaccines.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The video, shared online, appears to show Piers Corbyn accept £10,000 in cash from someone he believes is an AstraZeneca...

And the long version if anyone wants to watch it, from the pair who made the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u34rnwBnll4

• Haha 1

The rules seem to be out of the window if you're part of government. Do as we say, not as we do.

Alok Sharma seems to have done his 30 flights this year without doing much if any quarantine and he went to six red list countries. With him they said it was OK because he's a crown servant? Must be another system we haven't heard of before.

13 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

The ONS has reported over 150,000 deaths in England and Wales so far with Covid mentioned on the death certificate

Almost 50,000 of which were in care homes

I can report a couple of local care homes are having repeated confirmed outbreaks and lockdowns over the last 6 weeks or so - but no definitive COVID deaths, with a relative of mine infected and come out of lockdown with nothing other than very minor issues - not bad for someone in their mid-eighties with a number of health issues.

The outbreaks are apparently ALL from un-vaccinated staff going into the care homes despite regular lfts

One home is now telling staff to get vaccinated or they wont have a job

That's the same as France, except that it was the government that said nursing and care staff had to be vaccinated.

As of Monday, to go to a bar or restaurant, even sitting on the terrace, you have to either be fully vaccinated or have a negative PCR or antigen test.

HT, it's early days to know if it's working. I'll have a look at the papers a bit later to see if there are any reactions for the last two days.

If you mean how is it being put into practice, any premises subject to this rule - and that includes museums, some shops, long distance trains and planes for example - is responsible for checking that the customer has a valid pass sanitaire. This can be on a mobile phone or on paper via the government system.

Police can do spot checks and if they get involved, the first fine for a customer who doesn't have a valid  pass is 135€ going up to 000s of euros and a prison sentence, I believe. For the owner of the premises, fines start at 1500€.

ETA: Anecdotally, numbers of antigen tests are up because these can be added to the pass sanitaire. But these are free at the moment and will become charging next month. It will be interesting to see the effect of that.

The testing 'system' for travellers doesn't seem to be working well, but HMG are making a fortune in VAT,

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Travellers have complained of unfair prices, missed deliveries and slow processing of PCR tests

• Sad 1

So if boosters aren't needed, why are the government ordering or at least having options on 35m doses of Pfizer alone for next year? I think I got the figure right.

Edited by honeybee13
Previous figure may have been wrong.
  • I agree 1

The misinformation is worrying. In France, protestors have vandalised some vaccine centres and painted on yellow stars to imply it's similar to anti-Jewish moves by the Nazis.

Edit: link added.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Vandals damage 22 health sites, often leaving graffiti comparing vaccination drive to Holocaust

The FT are saying that the government want pharmacies to sign up to give booster vaccinations from the autumn, alongside flu jabs. They hope this will enable some hospital based clinics to close and the staff to go back to trying to clear the backlog of treatment.

I understood pharmacies can't give Pfizer jabs because of the low temperature storage they need. So will it be restricted to AZ and other vaccines that don't need super-freezers?

3 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

these will be vaccinations (mainly intended for younger people) not boosters wont they HT?

So Pfizer isn't suitable for that age group. If the centres don't have super-freezers for the doses, I think once they're thawed, they have to be used within about five days and expire after that.

Schools unions are saying that ventilation in schools should be improved before the new term starts.

This is blindingly obvious and HMG have had well over a year to organise it but don't seem to have done anything.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Seven unions call on education secretary to improve ventilation to protect children ahead of new term

• I agree 1

This is a depressing read about vaccine hoarding. It isn't how I thought Covax worked, certainly.

APNEWS.COM

LONDON (AP) — An international system to share coronavirus vaccines was supposed to guarantee that low and middle-income countries could get...

• Sad 1

Figures have been released of covid cases from major sporting events this summer. Euro 2020 is in the lead by some margin...

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Study paper says England’s progress to final ‘generated a significant risk to public health across the UK’

Finally - work on ventilating schools and measuring air quality.

They've had about 18 months to think about this and it takes a campaign to make them do anything. It's to be hoped they get on with it now.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Department for Education decision comes after campaign by school staff and unions for better ventilation

I know it's complicated but surely HMG have to try?

This is Christina Pagel of Indie Sage.

BLOGS.BMJ.COM

England is an anomaly in not undertaking any of the three strategies to prevent transmission in schools, says Christina Pagel The highly...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks